• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to download an eBook

I've added the ebook in the Products/catagories

What has me confused is the attributes section and finally downloading/uploading? to my website so a customer can buy and download.

Can anyone take me through the basics

Thank you

My Webpage

I'd like to find out how to do this also, I have a few products I want to have available by download after purchase. Thank you

I've added the ebook in the Products/catagories

What has me confused is the attributes section and finally downloading/uploading? to my website so a customer can buy and download.

Can anyone take me through the basics

Thank you

My Webpage

Just when you knew all life's answers; Someone had to go and change all the questions!

I'd like to find out how to do this also, I have a few products I want to have available by download after purchase. Thank you

I've just started evaluating osCommerce myself for a site primarily required to transfer documents and binaries also and am keen to work this out as it isnt at all obvious.

I discovered the settings I thought would do this in the admin pages but checkout still procedes as if

a product is to be shipped. I have a couple of other questions I will start threads for but this is obviously key for me too.

Any pointers to cut through this would be appreciated.

I've just started evaluating osCommerce myself for a site primarily required to transfer documents and binaries also and am keen to work this out as it isnt at all obvious.

I discovered the settings I thought would do this in the admin pages but checkout still procedes as if

a product is to be shipped. I have a couple of other questions I will start threads for but this is obviously key for me too.

Any pointers to cut through this would be appreciated.

OK - this will teach me to hunt first talk later ....

Guys I just found a thread called

"Products Download - has anyone made thbis work?, Help me find my Missing Link !! Options Rating "

Which I think answers the question - I havn't tried yet but from what I understand you

1. chmod catalog/pub to 777

2. chmod catalog/downloads 755

3. check for trailing back slashes in config.php

4. Set your product weight to zero

5. Install a download mod http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...oads+controller

If that doesnt work go read the thread direct I may have missed something,

(Do it anyway ...)

Archived