• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Metric UK Shipping Weights

Hi this is my first post - I'm no programmer but have found myself getting addicted to Cre and probably in too deep.

Was happily stumbling along when I realised shipping weights are in pounds (lbs). The problem I have is that my products are very light in weight. I guess I really need to be able to enter in grams. I need to be able to charge in increments of weight allowing for multiple items being purchased - to get a realistic and complete shipping cost. Hopefully I'm not being too confusing here. Is there something I can do to achieve this?

I have had a look on the forum for some information..actually so far I have found all the answers I have needed to various small problems I have had on here..it's fantastic. But this one I am having a real nightmare with.

Shop was all but ready to rock and roll - barring adding full stock.

Can anybody suggest how using world zones I can add items to cart and get the numbers right, eg item weighs 0.02 so what goes here ??:0.75 for weight in shipping table . Can I turn of the display of lbs to customer in cart. Hope this is not too cloudy. Thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have an answer for you. I actually have the same problem. It seems tobe a general failure of this site. what a nightmare. If you do find out what the answer to this is please let me know. By now!

Hi this is my first post - I'm no programmer but have found myself getting addicted to Cre and probably in too deep.

Was happily stumbling along when I realised shipping weights are in pounds (lbs). The problem I have is that my products are very light in weight. I guess I really need to be able to enter in grams. I need to be able to charge in increments of weight allowing for multiple items being purchased - to get a realistic and complete shipping cost. Hopefully I'm not being too confusing here. Is there something I can do to achieve this?

I have had a look on the forum for some information..actually so far I have found all the answers I have needed to various small problems I have had on here..it's fantastic. But this one I am having a real nightmare with.

Shop was all but ready to rock and roll - barring adding full stock.

Can anybody suggest how using world zones I can add items to cart and get the numbers right, eg item weighs 0.02 so what goes here ??:0.75 for weight in shipping table . Can I turn of the display of lbs to customer in cart. Hope this is not too cloudy. Thanks for reading.

You can have whatever unit of weight you wish. There are only three places in the whole of your website which says 'lbs' . Lbs are listed in these files:

includes\languages\german\modules\shipping\usps.php(14):

includes\modules\shipping\ups.php(94)

includes\modules\shipping\usps.php(91):

Vger

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. Rather reluctantly..until I find another solution I decided to do an inclusive price (including shipping that is) and then offer "FREE" shipping..if you see what I mean. With the items that I sell..I am able to do this - though it's not ideal it keeps things simple. I find it all rather complicated to be honest.

Vger..thanks for that..I will look into that as a solution.

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. Rather reluctantly..until I find another solution I decided to do an inclusive price (including shipping that is) and then offer "FREE" shipping..if you see what I mean. With the items that I sell..I am able to do this - though it's not ideal it keeps things simple. I find it all rather complicated to be honest.

Vger..thanks for that..I will look into that as a solution.

HI

I have answered other posts on this recently - they may help

heres the links.

one

Two

Four

Archived