• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download product is corrupted???

muskokee

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum but absolutely LOVE this shopping cart. I have it up and running with the out-of-the-box version + the additional download controller contrib and have run into one little snag. When I test out the download option, everything runs as it should until....I download the product, at which point the full product does NOT download. It cuts off at 1.9MB and the file becomes corrupted. I have placed the same file into another unprotected directory away from my catalog and it downloads without problem. Is there some file size"limit" pre-installed that I can change? or would you know of another cause?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sheri

Is there some file size"limit" pre-installed that I can change? or would you know of another cause?

Wanted to update anyone who took a peek at my strange problem. After much fiddling and trying everything under the sun, it turned out to be a simple configuration setting issue. The "download by re-direct" function must be set to true for the download controller to work properly. Now my files download without issue.

Thanks everyone. What a learning curve! :blush:

Sheri

Wanted to update anyone who took a peek at my strange problem. After much fiddling and trying everything under the sun, it turned out to be a simple configuration setting issue. The "download by re-direct" function must be set to true for the download controller to work properly. Now my files download without issue.

Thanks everyone. What a learning curve! :blush:

Sheri

You're doing better than me ...

You couldn't help me out with that download module could you please? (or anyone)

I've downloaded it and copied the structure onto my server but I dont understand the instructions

in the "readme" file (I'm new to this) and got no further.

I can't see any changes in admin options and nor can I see the .SQL file mentioned and dont understand where the tables that it says need modifying are (or if thats manual or in admin or what) I know they're

SQL tables but I don't understand the instructions.

Idiots guide needed I think !

What should I be looking to do next ?

thanks

john

You're doing better than me ...

You couldn't help me out with that download module could you please? (or anyone)

I've downloaded it and copied the structure onto my server but I dont understand the instructions

in the "readme" file (I'm new to this) and got no further.

I can't see any changes in admin options and nor can I see the .SQL file mentioned and dont understand where the tables that it says need modifying are (or if thats manual or in admin or what) I know they're

SQL tables but I don't understand the instructions.

Idiots guide needed I think !

What should I be looking to do next ?

thanks

john

Hi John,

This is sort of like the blind leading the blind but sure! I'll do what I can.

First thing, you need to get a copy of the .sql file. This is not included in the most recent controller download. Go back through each download until you find the .sql file (you need this), I can't remember which release I found it in :blush: . You need to upload the included files in the controller package and overwrite any that are already present on your server. Alright, so that is done! BUT it will never work unless you create the database to handle it. So, I found another help on this in the original messages regarding the controller...go to phpmyadmin, open your table for your catalog, click the little "sql" icon in the top row. Now you must paste a copy of the .sql file contents into the main textarea that you saw when you clicked the "sql" icon. Now, click GO!. This will create the database necessary to handle the new info. Head back to your catalog admin area and you should see the necessary changes. Oh, and you must create a 4th order status in the admin section and call it "updated". Don't forget to change enable the download feature as well as the redirect feature. Let's see what else did I do.... oh, you have to change the permissions on the /pub folder as well as the catalog/downloads folder to 777.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything. All of this info (besides the redirect as "true" requirement) can be found in the original posts regarding the controller.

Hope this helps some. :)

Sheri

Archived