• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping

andrew40

I have the following shipping conditions and have no idea how to implement in OSC..

Mainland UK ?3.95

Scottish Highlands & Islands ?10.95

Northern Ireland ?10.95

Isle of Man ?14.95

Isles of Scilly ?14.95

Use the zone system.

Install the zones module in your config, open the zones.php file first as it is full of instructions.

Is there anyway I can get rid of all the countries as the client only want s to ship to the UK, and set the zones up from scratch?

you coud control the countries:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3607

and there are contributions for the UK zones.

Each shipping module has a shipping zone. Set it to none so the shipping module will appear with every order. Or specify a zone so the shipping module will only appear within a specific zone.

Each shipping module has a shipping zone. Set it to none so the shipping module will appear with every order. Or specify a zone so the shipping module will only appear within a specific zone.

Sorry lost me, set what to none, all I want to do is set up as follows, thought it would be quite simple, customer only wants to ship to these areas..

Mainland UK ?3.95

Northern Ireland ?10.95

Isle of Man ?14.95

Isles of Scilly ?14.95

Is there anyway I can get rid of all the countries as the client only want s to ship to the UK, and set the zones up from scratch?

I was answering your questions of this particular post.

Sorry lost me, set what to none, all I want to do is set up as follows, thought it would be quite simple, customer only wants to ship to these areas..

Mainland UK ?3.95

Northern Ireland ?10.95

Isle of Man ?14.95

Isles of Scilly ?14.95

It is easy...

using phpmyadmin or whatever is equivelant from your host control panel create a dump of the countries from the countries table, be sure to add the drop table if exists option.

Now open the dump in textpad or notepad and delete every country except the uk

now copy the contents of that file and run them in php myadmin where you created the dump - there is an option "run sql" (normally)

now, you have deleted every country except the uk.

go into catalog admin and create the other countries, (scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of man and Isles of scilly

right, now we have 5 Countries - so open catalog/admin/modules/shipping/zones.php and change the variables to 5 zones (the reason we are using 5 zones is you will find (probably) that you will have 5 different prices for the shipping. (i find Northern Ireland is roughly a tenner more expensive than the uk - but that may just be our courier!)

now go to admin>zones and set each country up - add the codes and set the country the same as the zone, ie northern ireland select the country northere ireland.

now go into tax zones and create (this assumes you charge VAT) and create the european union, in it, add the countiries you have created.

make sure you create the tax class and set the Tax Rate

now go into admin>modules>shipping and install the zone rates, and set up each shipping table for each zone. If you are charging the same fee to ship to all 5 locations then you need only 1 zone.

thats it, your users can select opne of the 5 countries when they register, and when they make a purchase the correct sahipping table will be used.

let me know if youre stuck - you can see this in action

Here

this one is set up for northern ireland, isle of wight the uk and , oddly, sweden.

(created for one customer!)

heres a dump for you to change the countries - just run it in phpmyadmin

# ---------- MySQL dump ----------

#

# Table structure for table 'countries'

#

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS countries;

CREATE TABLE countries (

countries_id int(11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment,

countries_name varchar(64) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL ,

countries_iso_code_2 char(2) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL ,

countries_iso_code_3 char(3) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL ,

address_format_id int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY (countries_id),

KEY IDX_COUNTRIES_NAME (countries_name)

);

#

# Dumping data for table 'countries'

#

INSERT INTO countries VALUES('222','United Kingdom','GB','GBR','1');

# ----------- Dump ends -----------

# note - if you run this on mySQL >4 you may find it fails. this is because after mySQL4 you can not

# have DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment, so change it to countries_id int(11) auto_increment,

Thanks, but if I've understood it right this is not what I want.

I've got a drop down menu at the mo, from which only the UK can be selected.

What I want is instead of the drop down is just uk without the selection.

Archived