• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

unwelcome guests...

woodkin

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have several mostly functional OS commerce sites linking from my web site.. I need a little help... My site www.bandsawboxes.net is generating up to 40 emails a day from addresses like, "and" or "all" or "six"... At first, I just deleted, but that became quite a hassle, so I started checking who was online when the emails would come in.. I do not open them, but see that they have a string of nonsensical words in english...

I used a "who is" site to determine where they were located and found that they are coming from many places - I have started capturing the info - location and what relay or whatever they are using...

My question is - are we under some kind of attack? My son is our web master, and is quite busy with a new baby, so I am on my own here -

the email addresses are obviously not real - and when I look at the properties etc, I see addresses like:

mailto:that

of course, if I went to my site and tried to email us with an address like that, it would not work..

I just need a little guidance here...

(and a LOT of help with our site... I am looking forward to learning how to make the sites sing!!"

Thanks for any input or advice.

martha

Are they emails being sent to your osCommerce email address? If so, not much can be done about them. If they are being sent from your osCommerce email address like from the Contact Us form then make sure you install the update to fix the issue.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Are they emails being sent to your osCommerce email address? If so, not much can be done about them. If they are being sent from your osCommerce email address like from the Contact Us form then make sure you install the update to fix the issue.

Thank you - Now to locate the update!

Archived