• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

kk need some advei and help

spudeov

ok i would like to get ripd of the standar oscomerce logos that point to the account, login and so forth. i have deleted the pics but now i got the links under each other. this would be a great help to remove the double links and logos.

Also please can some one tell me of any good online website where i can accept credit cards on my site at the moment im using paypal.

Also i would like to get my site secure. I have email my host asking for this but unsure if he can or will do it.

Please if any one can help me it would be much appreciated

Spud

ok i would like to get ripd of the standar oscomerce logos that point to the account, login and so forth. i have deleted the pics but now i got the links under each other. this would be a great help to remove the double links and logos.

Also please can some one tell me of any good online website where i can accept credit cards on my site at the moment im using paypal.

Also i would like to get my site secure. I have email my host asking for this but unsure if he can or will do it.

Please if any one can help me it would be much appreciated

Spud

If you want rid of the images you will need to remove (or comment out, in case you want them back later) the code that puts the there. The three images in the top left of the main screen are in /catalog/includes/header.php somewhere near line 58. use php comments ( /* ) and ( */ ) and put them inside the php tags like this .......<?php /* echo..... and ......</a>'; */ ?>.........

php works by processing the php code first and then passing the result as well as the existing html code onto the server and then onto the browser. All php code ultimately is interpreted into html in some form. so in its simplest form the php tag 'echo' when interpreted returns exactly what is in it's string. php tags start with <?php and end with ?>, and all php lines end with " ; " For example a web page containing

<tr><td><?php echo "Hello world"; ?></td></tr>

would arrive at your browser as

<tr><td>Hello world</td></tr>

And if you comment out echo "hello world"; like this

<tr><td><?php /* echo "Hello world"; */ ?></td></tr>

it would arrive at your browser as

<tr><td></td></tr>

Obviously this is extremely simple code, and usually is is more complex, but the basic priciple is the same.

So in /catalog/includes/header.php near line 58 you have:

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php /* echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; */ ?> </td>

In this the echo statement runs from echo (obviously!) to " ; " like all other php statements. All the stuff enclosed in single quotes is passed unchanged onto the server and all the other stuff (like things starting tep_) call on other php code to provide data. These things are joined using " . " So by commenting out the php statement you will prevent it being interpreted. Asd before the comment tags are /* (opening) and */ (closing). Place the comment opening tag (/*) immediately before echo like this .....<?php /* echo..... and place the closing tag (*/) immediately after ; like this </a>'; */ ?>

The code that ends up in your browser will be

<td align="right" valign="bottom">  </td>

The images will be gone and the structure of your page should still be intact.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Archived