• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I copy product attributes to new products?

I have a drop down menu that needs to go on every single product.

The drop down menu and options are the same for every single product.

How can I copy this to every single pallet so that I dont have to do this manually in the admin section?

ade234uk,

You need to access your database using PhpMyAdmin for example and bulk edit the table that refers to your product options.

Export the 'products_attributes' table ( i think ) in Excel and populate all filed according to all your product ids, then import it again with the new data. Make sure you back up your existing table before messing with it.

hope this helped.

ade234uk,

You need to access your database using PhpMyAdmin for example and bulk edit the table that refers to your product options.

Export the 'products_attributes' table ( i think ) in Excel and populate all filed according to all your product ids, then import it again with the new data. Make sure you back up your existing table before messing with it.

hope this helped.

Seems like that is what I will have to do. Its a shame there is no feature in oscommerce that lets you do this. I am sure someone has cracked it. I may have to edit the product page myself manually and stick a drop down menu in the page myself. It still the same principle as dynamically creating the drop down.

Thank you very much for your help.

You can install one of the Attribute Copier contributions and/or install Easy Populate and set them all in one shot.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You can install one of the Attribute Copier contributions and/or install Easy Populate and set them all in one shot.

Jack

Jack where can I find this? Can you post a link for me?

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your help.

oooppps installed everything and got an error when I try to copy product. Anyone seen this before?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_has_product_attributes() in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1188

Archived