• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Tool - can't access Configuration pages

I have managed to get through the installation and eventually managed to open up the Admin tool, but when I click on any of the configuration links my browser returns "The page cannot be displayed... HTTP 500 - Internal server error"

I am using XP Pro Corp, IIS 5.1, PHP 5, MySQL 5, MySQL Administrator 1.1.7, osCommerce 2.2ms2, IE6

I have used the permissions wizard in IIS to secure the admin folder, could that be the cause of the problem?

I cannot find anything similar posts, so would appreciate any help offered.

Regards,

Graham

Your host probably offers server logs available either through your control panel or in a folder in your web root. If you can't find the error logs, then contact your host. The webserver should be logging these errors to a file, and it should have some more information. This can be a variety of problems, as 500 error codes are a general catch-all for errors.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

This sounds like a local install, and that the poster IS the Server Administrator.

When you get an error 500 it is often because files are being served up with full permissions (777), which is a security risk.

I'm not really familiar with IIS based servers, except to know that they are a total pain to set up and administer. You'd have been much better off with Apache.

Vger

I am trying to work on MS IIS on my PC. I have looked in my wwwroot and at the settings on IIS, but I can't see any sign of a log. Can you suggest whereelse to look? Or is there a settign I need to turn on? I have also tried working through the osCommerce Windows Configuration Help file downloaded from this site, but now I can't even get on to the Admin tool page anymore!! Before I delete all and start again, any help will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Graham

This sounds like a local install, and that the poster IS the Server Administrator.

Apparently I need to learn how to read.

Anyways, if you're using IE, it might be hiding details from you:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread8705.html

As far as checking IIS logs:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=iis+log&btnG=Search

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

You'd have been much better off with Apache.

Vger

Yes. I am what passes for the "administrator". You may be right about Apache, but I figured that the less new software I had to learn the quicker I'd get up and running and since it was already there in XP, IIS seemed the obvious choice. It took me ages to work through the osCommerce installation this far, but now I seem stuck.

Regards,

Graham

There is a complete guide which some kind soul posted on these forums - to setting up an IIS server for osCommerce usage, but unfortunately I don't have the link to it. Afraid you'll have to search, unless someone else can jump in with the link.

Vger

I have followed the two links posted. Thanks.

I can now see the log and the important bit seems to be a 401 - Unauthorised. Login failed. I also receive this message on the page:

Unable to connect to database server!PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'http' (11001) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

When I open a new IE window and try to connect to the Admin tool for the first time a login dialog appears. What user and password should it be using? The user and password for MySQl or my Window's user and password? I have tried both, but with no success.

Regards,

Graham

Archived