• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Arranging Links

This php stuff is really weird! You can see my site at http://sunnydaystc.com to get an idea of what I am talking about. I want to put guest name, log in and create an account in the blue bar below my logo picture image between the catalog link and the my account link. How do I do that? And as far as my buy it button and my product page, I want to put it near my product image instead at the bottom of my product page. Also the review link also at the same location. How do I do that?

PLEASE HELP :( I understand some basics of htm but php mixed, ouch! :)

Thanks Darryl

Or email me at [email protected] with Help Info PLEASE?!

To add links to that bar under your image open /includes/header.php and change

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

to

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>  |  <?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

then open catalog/includes/languages/yourlanguage.php and change

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><u>new products</u></a> are available to purchase?');

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>If you are not %s, please <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a> with your account information.</small>');

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

to

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome %s!');

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome Guest! <a href="%s"><u>Log In</u></a>? Or <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>.');

anywhere you want and ofcourse you can change the wording.

Be sure to download these files to edit them and make a back up just incase.

Don't forget to open index.php and remove

<?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived