• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GST and Incorrect tax rate

Coastie

Hi guys.

I have a problem with tax.

My shop is in australia and my tax rates are set to 10%. My products are set to display with tax. When i go through the checkout to the order confirmation screen it looks as follows

Sub-Total: $31.68

Australia Post Prepaid Parcel Post Satchel (Australia Post Prepaid Parcel Post Satchel (insurance not available) anywhere in Australia): $15.95

GST 10%: $1.45

Total: $47.63

I think we can all see the problem with $1.45 GST being Displayed.

Can anyone help please.

Hi guys.

I have a problem with tax.

My shop is in australia and my tax rates are set to 10%. My products are set to display with tax. When i go through the checkout to the order confirmation screen it looks as follows

Sub-Total: $31.68

Australia Post Prepaid Parcel Post Satchel (Australia Post Prepaid Parcel Post Satchel (insurance not available) anywhere in Australia): $15.95

GST 10%: $1.45

Total: $47.63

I think we can all see the problem with $1.45 GST being Displayed.

Can anyone help please.

No i am not an idiot.

The following is the information that i recieve when i go to invoice an order from admin

Products Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

1 x AO15020 AOPEN FM56-SVV INT. PCI 56K/14.4K MODEM/FAX/SUPPORTS LP AO15020 10.00% $21.00 $21.00 $21.00 $21.00

Sub-Total: $21.00

Local Delivery Service (Delivery will occur same day, or next business day, depending on when the order was received.): $7.00

GST 10%: $2.10

Total: $30.10

Price ex is the same as price inc, total ex & total inc.

Can anyone tell me why this is.

thanks guys.

:-" :-" :-"

The $1.45 is the GST on the shipping ($14.50 + $1.45 = $15.95). There is a good tutorial for taxes in the extra folder of osC when you download it. It explains how to set things up.

Well i don't see how it is not setup correctly.

I have all my states under the correct heading. Tax = 10% show prices with tax is enabled currency is AU & AUD it's updated from the server. i don't know why my invoices show the some price all the way through? have a look above post.

sorry can thelp with the 6 year old explanation but...

make sure your order totals modules for tax, shipping etc are switche don and in order and make sure inc tax is selected in them

Archived