• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

I have just posted a version which handle sort order since it has been asked by several people here

Read carefully the instruction as you might require to change the database field it is using to update, depending on the contribution you are using for this functionality.

Thank you so much, Greg. You made my day :-)))

Works very nice.

For the sort contribution I use "Attr. sort v.1.2.a, the databasefield is named: attribute_sort

Thanks again :-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

While I was adding this i noticed that Nimmit already started some ground work to handle this with a central attribute where the name of the column used could be set once and for all, as well as a general switch parameter to use the sort order or not.

I will try to find a couple of hours to implement my changes using this parameters as it would make it easier for eveyone to change.

I will keep you posted on this

v2.2 beta.

I cannot get the sort field to work. When i click into a sort field i get stuck in that field. I can change the value but not click out and if i hit browser refresh after changing the value, it updates the field. Any pointers?

Does anyone know how this contribution affects QTPro?

I have QTPro installed and just came across this very interesting contribtion. I see on the thread the QTPro compatiability question has been asked on a few occasions but I have not found a definitive answer.

Can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

chooch, all i can tell you is that on my test site I do have QTPro installed and the ajax attribute manager and did not run into any problems.

Furthermore, using the same method used to add the sort_order, a quantity field per attribute could also be added I guess.

I wsa planning to do this as a plugin but first want to check how exactly QT pro handle the stock for attribute combination.

Does he store a stock number for the exact combination, or does it store a stock number for each separate attributes which are they in turn used for validation.

Ie for Size - Color Shirt, does QT pro sote in the database a value saying:

Shirt 1:

XXL, Red : 2 in stock

XXX, White : 5 in stock

Or does it store:

Shirt 1:

XXL: 7 in stock

Red: 2 in stock

White: 5 in stock

If it uses the 2nd case it would be very easy to use the attribute manager to also handle this values

If it uses the 2nd case it would be very easy to use the attribute manager to also handle this values

Hi Greg,

Well my test site shows up the QTPro in first example....

I think I will add the contribution to a fresh install later this evening when I have time and see what it actually does (before adding it to a modified store with QTpro). I have downloaded your latest version of the contribution.

Thanks

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Just add the look at the product_stock table and how it stores the information.

Its pretty straight forward, building a string to keep the correct attribute combination values.

The difficulty into adding it to the Ajax Manager is going to be the graphical concept and how to add it to the manager without spoiling the existing look and feel.

Nimmit included classes to call popups so i guess we could try and use this :)

Good afernoon,

I installed Ajax AttributeManager on my MS 2 site.

When I'm clicking on "add attribute to the current product", I have following error :

"1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_sort_order' in 'field list'

insert into products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, products_options_sort_order) values ('135', '12', '130', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]"

I guess I have to add 'products_options_sort_order' in the products_attributes table, but with wich parameters ?

Good afernoon,

I installed Ajax AttributeManager on my MS 2 site.

When I'm clicking on "add attribute to the current product", I have following error :

"1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_sort_order' in 'field list'

insert into products_attributes (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, products_options_sort_order) values ('135', '12', '130', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]"

I guess I have to add 'products_options_sort_order' in the products_attributes table, but with wich parameters ?

I get the same thing but can't find the easiest sort order contribution to install that adds the right column in the SQL table.

Can someone please identify the sort order contribution that adds the entry "products_options_sort_order" on the product_attributes table...please.

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

I get the same thing but can't find the easiest sort order contribution to install that adds the right column in the SQL table.

Can someone please identify the sort order contribution that adds the entry "products_options_sort_order" on the product_attributes table...please.

I believe I found the correct sort contribution that adds the SQL inquestion:

see http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...s+Sorter+Copier

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

Phocea, after adding v2.2 beta.

Getting same error as mattw79

"I cannot get the sort field to work. When i click into a sort field [once] i get stuck in that field. I can change the value but not click out..."

I have added the proper sql query and made the proper modifications. This error occurs in IE, actually even after getting the values in (had to left click right click) it won't update (using IE). Everything works ok in firefox.

Any suggestions?

Edited by andyy15

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Phocea, after adding v2.2 beta.

Getting same error as mattw79

"I cannot get the sort field to work. When i click into a sort field [once] i get stuck in that field. I can change the value but not click out..."

I have added the proper sql query and made the proper modifications. This error occurs in IE, actually even after getting the values in (had to left click right click) it won't update (using IE). Everything works ok in firefox.

Any suggestions?

Did you get this working?? I am having the same problem in IE.

Please help!

v2.2 beta.

I cannot get the sort field to work. When i click into a sort field i get stuck in that field. I can change the value but not click out and if i hit browser refresh after changing the value, it updates the field. Any pointers?

Have you got this working yet or have you gone another route?

I can not get it to work!

If you do not have a sort field on your attribute table, do not use the Sort version of this contribution.

Same apply if do not know how to follow the instruction included and change the code to use the name of your sort colomn....

For info i have IE6/7 Firefox 1/2 and I cannot replicate the behaviour you describe

If you do not have a sort field on your attribute table, do not use the Sort version of this contribution.

Same apply if do not know how to follow the instruction included and change the code to use the name of your sort colomn....

For info i have IE6/7 Firefox 1/2 and I cannot replicate the behaviour you describe

Which sort field contribution do I need to install?

Like I said this is not a new release its an addon if you want to use the sort fields and it works fine if you have the correct column in your database table.

This is the reason why Nimmit did not want to put it this in because there is 10 or so different contribution to add a sort field,each with their own name.

The install.html states:

The attribute value sort order support is based on a database sort field names "products_options_sort_order" on the product_attributes table.. There is many contribution existing that add this functionality. IF your database column is named differently, look for the string "products_options_sort_order" in this contriution file and change it accordingly.

A short tutorial on how to add extra field for update is included at the bottom of this file.

Like I said this is not a new release its an addon if you want to use the sort fields and it works fine if you have the correct column in your database table.

This is the reason why Nimmit did not want to put it this in because there is 10 or so different contribution to add a sort field,each with their own name.

The install.html states:

I have this field installed in the database.

1. The attribute manager lets you click into a field but then does not let you click out. Is this a bug with the AJAX attributes manager?

2. Also when I can finally update the products attributes, the options disapeer on the product info page. Do I need to amend the product info page in anyway to solve this problem?

I have this field installed in the database.

1. The attribute manager lets you click into a field but then does not let you click out. Is this a bug with the AJAX attributes manager?

2. Also when I can finally update the products attributes, the options disapeer on the product info page. Do I need to amend the product info page in anyway to solve this problem?

I have the same problem, any solution?

Upgrade your broswers :)

I cannot replicate the problem hence its not a problem

I am infact on IE 6 and Firefox 2 as per your previous post.

Did you make any amendments to the product_info.php in order for it to work?

The problem with clicking in different fields only occurs in IE6 I will give you that but it does not do anything once it has been updated on the shop page.

I think the product_info.php page needs amending but I am not sure if you amended it or not as there are no instructions in the file. Infact I am pretty sure it is the fact that the product_info.php page is not amended.

Edited by jamesblackburn

Hi

Is there any chance that someone knows how to combine two tables. I would SOOOOOOO much like to be able to write the name of the file to download (not upload) - but I haven't got a clue how to do that ???

Fields in table: products_attributes

products_attributes_id

products_id

options_id

options_values_id

options_values_price

price_prefix

Fields in table: products_attributes_download

products_attributes_id

products_attributes_filename

products_attributes_maxdays

products_attributes_maxcount

Has anybody got any idea on how to do this?

Helle :-)