• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

Hi Nimmit

I installed 1.5 beta and it was doing a superb job

I have now installed More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2 and AJAX has dissapeared apart from some background colour in the products screen

The attributes for the products are still there. Even if I do a new product there is nothing there on screen. I have looked at the code comparing current files versus pre More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2 files and as far as I can see there are no conflicts. However reality says different so I must be wrong!

Please can you give me some advice as to where to start looking for the problem

Thank you

Nossum

Does the more pics use javascript? If so, in the install were you required to add somthing to the onload in the body tag? If you were add what ever function call to attrubuteManager/includes/attributeManagerHeader.inc.php within the goOnLoad javascript funciton.

This contribution should be included by default in the MS3 release! The curent admin interface takes too long to load, even on a broadband connection

Thank you, it is nice to hear some positive feed back!

Thank you, i understand now. I too tried it and can see exactly what you mean. I have fixed it and uploaded another version.

AJAX Attribute Manager v1.9 beta - Multilingual

Thank you for pointing it out.

p.s. Dont use the comma when you are adding the price.

p.p.s. Opera for your second choice of browser?? Firefox is the best!!

Hello again, i have update my versin with attributes weight and cost, and i have same problem with this new field. IE takes controll of the new cost and weight field, so where is the place in the code you fix this? I have look in the attributeManager.php but i use same code for weight and cost as for price, but price working after your update so that is good. So price field working, but not my new cost and weight field. IE takes controll of the field for cost and weight. Where you fix to this in the code?`

Regards,

Andre S.

Norway B)

Hello again, i have update my versin with attributes weight and cost, and i have same problem with this new field. IE takes controll of the new cost and weight field, so where is the place in the code you fix this? I have look in the attributeManager.php but i use same code for weight and cost as for price, but price working after your update so that is good. So price field working, but not my new cost and weight field. IE takes controll of the field for cost and weight. Where you fix to this in the code?`

Regards,

Andre S.

Norway B)

attributeManager.js in function amUpdate (look for the blur()). If in the future you need any help todo with your modifications can you please pm me because it is not strictly anything todo with the contribution. Thanks.

I've installed this contribution, ajax is great. however i get a huge latency from when when you type to when it displays (about 3 seconds). most customers have no clue what ajax is and i'm sure this ajax trick is novel for them, but if they type in a box and there is no submit button and nothing happens for a few seconds, i would think they would get confused. I have tried to call the quickfind.php?keyword=girl directly and that takes a fraction of a second, however when that is implemented through ajax, as i said, it takes a few seconds to show up.

anyone else have this problem? any solutions?

Does the more pics use javascript? If so, in the install were you required to add somthing to the onload in the body tag? If you were add what ever function call to attrubuteManager/includes/attributeManagerHeader.inc.php within the goOnLoad javascript funciton.

Nimmit

100% accurate

Sorry - can you guide me on the correct way of inserting this instruction "<body margin......" - duuhhhh!

function goOnLoad() {
<?php	if('new_product' == $action || 'update_product' == $action) echo 'attributeManagerInit();';	?>
SetFocus();

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

}

Thank you

Nossum

All,

I just installed this contribution, but get a blank screen and a java error in IE when I attempt to either add or edit a product. Here's the error:

line: 11

Char: 9

Error: Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.

My main PC is a Win XP sp1 desktop, running IE6. In Internet options, I have the following settings checked:

Java logging enabled

Java console enabled

JIT compiler enabled

I also tried but got the same exact error on my laptop, which is running Win2000 with IE6.

I am running two other contributions, the Ultimate SEO, and Who's Online v1.9. If you have any suggestions as to why this is happening, please advise.

thanks.

I've installed this contribution, ajax is great. however i get a huge latency from when when you type to when it displays (about 3 seconds). most customers have no clue what ajax is and i'm sure this ajax trick is novel for them, but if they type in a box and there is no submit button and nothing happens for a few seconds, i would think they would get confused. I have tried to call the quickfind.php?keyword=girl directly and that takes a fraction of a second, however when that is implemented through ajax, as i said, it takes a few seconds to show up.

anyone else have this problem? any solutions?

This is an admin module so the customer will never see it. I think you want the quick find contribution. Please search the forums for an answer a this question has nothing todo with this contribution.

Nimmit

100% accurate

Sorry - can you guide me on the correct way of inserting this instruction "<body margin......" - duuhhhh!

In attributeManagerHeader.inc.php

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

function goOnLoad() {
<?php	if('new_product' == $action || 'update_product' == $action) echo 'attributeManagerInit();specManagerInit();';	?>
SetFocus();
	// ADD  YOUR JAVASCRIPT ONLOAD FUNCTION CALL HERE <<
functionCall();

}

</script>

All,

I just installed this contribution, but get a blank screen and a java error in IE when I attempt to either add or edit a product. Here's the error:

line: 11

Char: 9

Error: Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.

My main PC is a Win XP sp1 desktop, running IE6. In Internet options, I have the following settings checked:

Java logging enabled

Java console enabled

JIT compiler enabled

I also tried but got the same exact error on my laptop, which is running Win2000 with IE6.

I am running two other contributions, the Ultimate SEO, and Who's Online v1.9. If you have any suggestions as to why this is happening, please advise.

thanks.

From the sounds of that error somthing hidden is trying to get focus. Nothing in this contribution takes focus.

Focus is taken by calling the javascript function focus() (e.g. element.focus();) It isn't called once in this.

I had a quick search on the net for this and saw a few references to wysiwyg editors. I'm not saying it is anything todo with your error but if you do have the wysiwyg editor installed might be worth looking there. or here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139939 someone else on this forum with similar error.

function goOnLoad() {
<?php	if('new_product' == $action || 'update_product' == $action) echo 'attributeManagerInit();specManagerInit();';	?>
SetFocus();
	// ADD  YOUR JAVASCRIPT ONLOAD FUNCTION CALL HERE <<
functionCall();

}

</script>

Hi Nimmit

Thanks for this guidance. Comparing your response with my post, the only difference seems to be "functionCall();"

I have tried both with and without, but the result is the same - "it dont work"

I have worked back and removed all code relating to More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2. The only file that seems to be problematical is "admin/catagories.php

The code for More Pics paints the screen layout which is extensive and also the piece of Java oriented code

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

I have compared pre and post files and whilst I am guessing I think it must come back to the above

So given your guidance what am I doing wrong please?

I have posted up a query in the support thread for More Pics

Both contributions are absolutley top banana, so if anyone can give guidance....

Thank you

Nossum

That bit of code is just your body tag? If that is the code currently on your site then you haven't followed the install i instructions for this contrib properly

From install...

Find (Around line 346 on a fresh ms2)

onload="SetFocus();"

Replace With

onload="goOnLoad();"

What i was saying is. if mo pics required you to add somthing to the onload function e.g. onload="moPicsFunction();" you would need to add that function call to the go on load funciton instead. I think you have just missed one of the steps of the install. Just replace the SetFocus() with goOnload() and see what happens

Edited by Nimmit

Great Contribution!

Worked like a charm.

After messing around with several attribute management systems, this is a breath of fresh air.

My only requests are:

1. attribute sort, but it sound like that's coming.

2. Note/Warning in install that it will add 2 DB tables.

Excellent work!

Sam M. - Seattle

Sam,

This contribution looks very much to improve the mess of the stock OSC attribute system. I will be trying to get it working soon.

On a related AJAX issue, perhaps you can offer some advise to me. I'm trying to use a preg_replace command to work with dashes, as of now it works with numbers and upper/lower case letters only... I think that the dash (-) needs to be commented out somehow, but can't seem to figure out quite how.

$q = addslashes(preg_replace("%[^0-9a-zA-Z ]%", "", $_GET['keywords']) );

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the off-topic post. :blush:

Thanks,

Nate

Here is what the string needs to be:

CODE$q = addslashes(preg_replace("%[^0-9a-zA-Z ]-%", "", $_GET['keywords']) );

thanks so much , all my model number where using the Dash , so i owe you one :-)

by the way , what do u think of moving the definition of autorized caracter in the admin, it would be easier ?

it could be like taht then :

CODE$q = addslashes(preg_replace("' . AUTORIZED_CARACTERS. '", "", $_GET['keywords']) );

i don't know if it s the propoe syntax but it s just to describ what i mean

MS2

THIS IS THE BEST CONTRIBUTION EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the functionality, it was the easiest install ever! The AJAX makes it amazing. This feature was so incredibly needed, I thank you so much.

The only thing I as for is an attribute sort, but you already know that, I will wait :)

Thanks so much for this attribute, you make my job easier!!

Install on fresh copy OSC.

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>osCommerce</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
var productsId='100';
var pageAction='new_product';
var sessionId='osCAdminID=d8246a5c09b54654b30aa5c784276bf8';
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="attributeManager/javascript/requester.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="attributeManager/javascript/alertBoxes.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="attributeManager/javascript/attributeManager.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="attributeManager/css/attributeManager.css" />

function goOnLoad() {
attributeManagerInit();	SetFocus();
}

</script>

Line: 21

char: 2

error: Object expected

Code: 0

Whats wrong?

Thank you.

Hi all.

Sorry for my engleash. I'm Polish.

I have instaled "AJAX-AttributeManager-v2.1" - this is a greate cotribution, also I have "WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7".

In Internet Explorer "WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7" work great but "AJAX-AttributeManager-v2.1" no work.

In Firefox "AJAX-AttributeManager-v2.1" work but "WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7" no work.

Please if you know whats is wrong help me :)

Hi all.

Sorry for my engleash. I'm Polish.

I have instaled "AJAX-AttributeManager-v2.1" - this is a greate cotribution, also I have "WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7".

In Internet Explorer "WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7" work great but "AJAX-AttributeManager-v2.1" no work.

In Firefox "AJAX-AttributeManager-v2.1" work but "WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7" no work.

Please if you know whats is wrong help me :)

as far as i know wysiwyg doesn't work in firefox anyway - i may well be wrong

Has any one tried this on a CRE Loaded 6.2 install? I cannot get it to work. The only line in the install I have an issue with is

onload="goOnLoad();"

This cannot be found in the file at all. What does this do?

Thanks

I have fine tuned the programming and now get the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'language_id' in 'where clause'

select * from products_options where language_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

The reason I am getting this is because CRE Loaded 6.2 does not have the language_id field in the products_options table.

How can I edit the sql statement to take out any references to language_id? I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class amdb in /Volumes/x2RAID/sites/markanderson/stampics.com/catalog/admin/attributeManager/classes/amDB.class.php on line 18

If anyone has a work arround for this error, please let me know. I've tried a few other attribute contributions that have not met my clients needs, I have a feeling this one will, but alas, I cannot get it to work.

It looks like a great contribution but I am having trouble getting it to work.

I installed it and made the changes to admin/catagories.php but when I visited the catalog, the page was blank.

There was one difference in the code in my installation vs. the code on the installation notes.

In the install notes it says.

Find (around line 530 on a fresh ms2)

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price_gross', $pInfo->products_price, 'OnKeyUp="updateNet()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

I could not find this line but found a very similar line of code around 530 which is below. The difference is highlighted in red.

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price_gross', $pInfo->products_price, 'OnKeyUp="updateNet()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

Is this the cause of my problems? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks for your help

andrew

My wish fro the next Version

The templatesystem is really great, but i wish that the template will not overwrite the existing option.

It will be better if it update the existing options or if i can choos if i want to update or to overwrite.

THX for that great contri.... i love it