• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

@seechiller Chris,

Sorry I never used this code add-on, I only updated ajax attribute manager for 2.3.4 BS and PHP7 compatibility and added support for the option images.

You could check the instructions at the end of the documentation how to add additional fields. It explains where to look and edit. Please compare also with the modifications for the weight support. For sure who added the code support missed something.

If you get it solved, I would be happy you post your solution to add it in a future update.

rgds

Rainer

On 20/06/2017 at 3:40 PM, raiwa said:

Hello,

I updated the attribute manager for PHP7 and latest 2.3.4BS. There is also new support for @Tsimi 's Option Image add-on included.

- class constructor names updated to __construct

- empty class constructor added to attributeManager.class.php

- mysql_get_server_info updated to mysqli_get_server_info

- database table names, filenames and pats hardcoded

- included modified files are updated to latest 2.3.4BS EDGE

- support added for Options Images BS (latest version 1.5)

- old PHP4 versions removed

NOTE:

- Instructions are NOT yet updated

- Options images are displayed both, Products Options Images and Options Value Images

- Only Products Options Images can be added, edited or deleted in Ajax Attribute Manager

- No image file uploads, images need to be uploaded apart (via ftp or the core attributes page) and image filenames need to be introduced like for download files.

It would be great if users of both (ajax attribute Manager and Options Images) would give it a try for beta testing.

Also a PHP7 hardcore test, @BrockleyJohn ? would be perfect.

Thanks a lot in advance

Rainer

screen_admin_01.jpg

ajax-attribute-manager-2.3.4-BS.zip

Hi

Does this plugin help to sort out the attributes easier than the default oscommerce? As in, you can sort attributes easily?

and is it same as this one where you can add attributes when adding a new product for easier setup?

https://apps.oscommerce.com/6E6Qw

thanks

Edited by vampirehunter

@vampirehunter,

10 hours ago, vampirehunter said:

Does this plugin help to sort out the attributes easier than the default oscommerce?

Yes, it's exact what it is doing.

As in, you can sort attributes easily

Yes, sort order feature is included. You just need to switch it on in the config class. Have a look on the screenshots in the add-on package, the arrows in the extreme right column of the options and attributes, allow to move them up and down to control the sort order.

is it same as this one where you can add attributes when adding a new product for easier setup?

https://apps.oscommerce.com/6E6Qw

Yes, it's the same, just updated like stated.

Just try it, installation is a five minute job.

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

• 2 weeks later...

hello

i using 2.3.4 ver

Since I've renamed the admin directory for more security
I can no longer use attributeManager

I using AJAX-AttributeManager-V2.8.14

I see this error

There was an error while retrieving the URL: Forbidden

please help me

Edited by bkiani

hello @bkiani

Please check if you modified also DIR_FS_ADMIN to your new admin directory name

Did you change anything else like permissions, additional protection via .htaccess?

Very strange. I'm using it in stores with changed admin name and no problem. Can you please post your admin configuration.php or send it in a private message if you prefere. Leave out database credentials.

the configure file looks good.

You get this error only on the categories.php page in admin and only if you edit a product with ajax atribute manager added, sure?

did you try to delete your browsers cache and the admin sessions in your database?

1 hour ago, raiwa said:

the configure file looks good.

You get this error only on the categories.php page in admin and only if you edit a product with ajax atribute manager added, sure?

I only see error handling
I add product options via database

Browsers cache depends on your browser, you can google for how to do it in your browser.

The admin sessions:

open your database in phpMyAdmin.

select table sessions

search for all rows beginning similar to: "language|s:7:"english";languages_id|s:1:"1";admin|a:2:"

delete all these rows

28 minutes ago, bkiani said:

I only see error handling
I add product options via database

10 minutes ago, bkiani said:

@raiwa

delete all row table sessions

and clear Browsers cache

but see this error

There was an error while retrieving the URL: Forbidden

Can you please post a screenshot with the error message and the URL when you get it. Send by privatge message if you wish.

Please explain if you get the error only in the categories.php page and only if you edit a product.

Can you temporary remove the ajax attribut manager code in that page to be sure it's this.

22 hours ago, raiwa said:

Can you please post a screenshot with the error message and the URL when you get it. Send by privatge message if you wish.

Please explain if you get the error only in the categories.php page and only if you edit a product.

Can you temporary remove the ajax attribut manager code in that page to be sure it's this.

I sent it privately

Hello @bkiani,

To be sure that it is or it is not the attribute manager which produces the problem, make sure to temporary remove also the code in template_top.php.

If it still shows the error message and if you also get the error in the products_attributes.php page, then it is not related to QTPro and you should post in another thread so other users may see it and give help. I didn't encounter this error until now and do not know more advice.

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa