• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

hi

the contrib seems to work fine from the admin section for me, I can move option values up/down within each option group, and move option groups up/down in relation to other option groups. Looks PERFECT.

however the reflection on my catalog is not perfect. The option values as ordered within option groups is retained, but the option group ordering is not reflected.

Can any suggest why? I have double checked product_info.php, and both of the 2 queries there sort by products_options_sort_order. So my code from that section reads like this:

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_sort_order");
  while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {
	$products_options_array = array();
	$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.products_options_sort_order");

I noticed that if you have the attribute sort order contrib the last query there is sorted by attribute_sort. Not that using that helps either. Also in attributeManagerConfig.class.php is it correct that both AM_FIELD_OPTION_SORT_ORDER and AM_FIELD_OPTION_VALUE_SORT_ORDER use products_options_sort_order? Does nothing refer to the attribute_sort column created by the attribute sort order contrib?

I don't see the need to install the attribute sort order contrib if the tablet column it creates isn't used. I installed it anyway. It seems this contrib uses the existing sort order columns from the 2 related tables in the DB.

Incidentally, no values are being generated in the products_options_sort_order column of the products_options table. Perhaps that gives a clue.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks for excellent config, presumably just missing something minor.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there........

I am in the process of setting up a new web site (this is all so unfamiliar).

I am running osCommerce 2.3.1 with QTPro 4.6.1, AJAX Attribute Manager v 2.8.9.3 and Attribute Sort w/ Attribute Clone 1.8

It seems everything is running, however when I change the sort order in my admin section (with the arrows on the attributes page) it does absolutely nothing on my site. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Is it possible to integrate Attribute Product Codes ?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4888

cheers!

around line 244

if(AM_USE_SORT_ORDER) {

?>

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field("sortOrder_$optionValueId",$optionValueInfo['sortOrder'],' style="margin:3px 0px 3px 0px;" id="sortOrder_'.$optionValueId.'" size="4" onChange="return amUpdate(\''.$optionId.'\',\''.$optionValueId.'\');"'); ?>

<?php

}

?>

remove the //

What file does this string go into???

What file does this string go into???

You should open ADMIN/ATTRIBUTEMANAGER/ATTRIBUTEMANAGER.php

If you are using the latest version you will notice that at line 244 or therebouts there is a // before the above - removing this will display a numbering system for sort oder, you can still use the arrows. If there is still issues that the sort order is not being registered then you must look in ADMIN/ATTRIBUTEMANAGER/classes/attributemanagercofing.class:

amDB::query("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ".$this->getValue('AM_TABLE_ATTRIBUTES_TO_TEMPLATES')." (

`template_id` INT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,

`options_id` INT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,

`option_values_id` INT( 5 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,

`price_prefix` char(1) default '+',

`options_values_price` decimal(15,4) default 0,

`products_options_sort_order` int default 0,

`weight_prefix` char(1) default '+',

`options_values_weight` decimal(6,3) default '0.000',

INDEX ( `template_id` )

)"

I noted a conflict with the stock attribute manager console in 2.3.1 -

IE, that it worked the first time and afterward it did not - i was getting errors when using the standard attribute manager console once the ajax version was installed and vice-versa, - first thing is to extablish that both attriubute modules work without throwing an error message.

If there is an error message - read my previous posts - then this is helpful - otherwise the DB must not be catching the sort order information

Hello, I'm running OsC v2.3.1 and just downloaded AJAX Attribute Manager v2.8.9.3. I'm trying to install it but I can't find all the code mentioned in the categories.php file... even when I search the file.

Here's the 2 parts that my file doesn't include:

Find (Around line 341 on a fresh ms2)

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

Find (Around line 346 on a fresh ms2)

onload="SetFocus();"

Can anyone please tell me where I would make the additions/replacements without having these lines of code in my categories file thank you?

I tried guessing and trying it in a few different places but it didn't work...

Cheers

Eva

This contribution had been working great until I started using it again right now.

When I'm editing a product, I select the first option box - the default is the first one in the list - when I click on another option in the list, it quickly shows that it was selected, then it reverts back to the default option. Any thoughts on this? As far as I can see, I'm not able to add any attributes unless I first use the top option - and no Values for the Option show up.

Edited by The Munch

Well, I guess nevermind... I had v2.8.9.2. I reinstalled the folder for attributeManager for v2.8.9.3 and it all works fine. I'm sure reloading the v2.8.9.2 would've worked too. Somehow I must have gotten a file missing or awry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed AJAX Attribute Manager and everything works great... except that when an attribute is applied, a "+" is added before the price. I can not have the "+" added and if I try and change it, it make the price go back to $0.00. Please help...

Edited by MikeHill

Where is the "+" showing up? It sounds like you're on the edit or new products page, using the attribute manager there. There's the +/- dropdown, then a price box. This is only if the attribute adds to or reduces from the actual price of the product. Then you would +$5.00 or -$5.00 from the Products Price (net) above. If that price was $20.00, then the end price would be either $25.00 or $15.00, respectively. This box is not to put the actual price of the product into.

If I'm wrong about my assumption, I apologize.

My customer wants the actual price of the product (with each option) to be shown in the option drop down. For example:

(Product) Nightstand in Oak (Price) $200

(Option) Cherry ($300)

(Option) Hickory ($400)

(Option) Maple ($500)

So if I select "nothing" in the Prefix, it changes it to "+" when it is saved. If I go back in and change the "+" back to "nothing" in the Prefix drop down, it takes the option price back to $0.00.

• 4 weeks later...

This contribution is great. However, I often have products with between 20-70+ attributes. It would be really nice to be able to drag-to-sort the attribute list with AJAX (Instead of clicking the little arrow buttons over..and over...and over...). Is there an easy way to modify the contribution to do this?

My customer wants the actual price of the product (with each option) to be shown in the option drop down. For example:

(Option) Cherry ($300)

(Option) Hickory ($400)

(Option) Maple ($500)

So if I select "nothing" in the Prefix, it changes it to "+" when it is saved. If I go back in and change the "+" back to "nothing" in the Prefix drop down, it takes the option price back to $0.00.

When you are entering/editing the product attributes, you must use the "+" or "-" to add or subtract a certain amount from the product price. You cannot enter a full new price here. What you would do is:

(Option) Cherry + 100

(Option) Hickory + 200

(Option) Maple + 300

THEN, if you are using the QTPro contribution and want to display the full item price on drop-down menus to the customer, you can select that option in the configuration menu in the admin section. You will set "Use Actual Price Pull Downs" to "true".

However, this does have a warning stating: "NOTE: This can only be used with a satisfying result if you have only one option per product."

(Option) Cherry ($300)

(Option) Hickory ($400)

(Option) Maple ($500)

Use Actual Attribute Price

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Innstalled the contriobution but get this message when i'm in edit product mode on the admin area:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php on line 38

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php:38) in /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/attributeManager.php on line 72

Please help!!!

Innstalled the contriobution but get this message when i'm in edit product mode on the admin area:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php on line 38

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php:38) in /home/mrhilzhx/public_html/test/backoffice/attributeManager/attributeManager.php on line 72

Please help!!!

Hello,

Open your admin/attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php file and scroll down to row 38

Change this:

$attributeManager =& new attributeManagerAtomic(amGetSesssionVariable(AM_SESSION_VAR_NAME));

to this:

$attributeManager = new attributeManagerAtomic(amGetSesssionVariable(AM_SESSION_VAR_NAME));

And

$attributeManager =& new attributeManagerInstant($_GET['products_id']);

To

$attributeManager = new attributeManagerInstant($_GET['products_id']);

Its the =& operator that that needs to be just =

For some reason this operator is not supported anymore, and what the heck is it?

i know that = & is a assignment by reference but when they are stuck togeteher i dont know... Please some one explain wink.png

/Janne

Edited by iankil

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.3

Mindsparx template osc Sport 2.2

Mindsparx template Horizon 2.3

+ a few more...

I looked into this abit more. And it does update as it should. The problem is that if you continue and hit the "Preview" button the value in the field "Products Quantity:" over-write the the value AJAX Attribute Manager set in 'products_quantity'.

So it would be nice with a solution for this.

Hi Redrum

I had the same problem, and removed the 'products_quantity' from the $sql_data_array.

In my categories.php (heavily modified) it's around line 258.

In admin/categories.php

replace:

$sql_data_array = array('products_quantity' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_quantity']),
							  'products_model' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_model']),
							  'products_price' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_price']),
							  'products_date_available' => $products_date_available,
							  'products_weight' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_weight']),
							  'products_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_status']),
							  'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']),
							  'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']));

with

$sql_data_array = array('products_model' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_model']),
							  'products_price' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_price']),
							  'products_date_available' => $products_date_available,
							  'products_weight' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_weight']),
							  'products_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_status']),
							  'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']),
							  'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']));

It works for me!

But please be aware that I'm a PHP newbie, so it might cause problems somewhere else wacko.png

Kind regards,

Mikael

still the same problem, I installed the contribution but within admin has remained the same throughout

But when I go to change some attribute I get out of this error

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
insert into products_attributes values (null, '29', '1', '2', '0', '+')
[TEP STOP]

anyone has any idea what could be?

thanks

Alright, just found this thread, so I will do some searching. However, I will put the inssue I have.

In admin, editing my product, there is much code that popped up ending in the following:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\osc231\catalog\admin\attributeManager\includes\attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\osc231\catalog\admin\attributeManager\includes\attributeManagerGeneralFunctions.inc.php on line 58

Functions.php:

$attributeManager =& new attributeManagerAtomic(amGetSessionVariable(AM_SESSION_VAR_NAME));

}

else

$attributeManager =& new attributeManagerInstant($_GET['products_id']);

In the front end, at the products Product Info page is:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in C:\wamp\www\osc231\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 99

Database.php:

return mysql_fetch_array($db_query, MYSQL_ASSOC);

I am searching to try and find a start on what to do. If anyone has a clue I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a great contribution and I have been using it for while now.

The problem I am having is that a customer cannot select more than one item that has an attribute on it.

It does not allow multiples of an item that has attributes attached. I cannot change the quantity over 1.

If I go in and add another of the same item with a different attribute it just writes over the first one I had with the new attribute.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas for a fix?

I have version v2.8.9.3 installed.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got rid of the deprecated errors but I still have all this code showing, in admin, after the product price.. What have I done wrong?

This is the March 2011 Ajax. install with the Body update.

This as brand new osc installl with this plugin being installed first so I can figure out how to get it working.

This will overwrite this products current options and cannot be undone.'); define('AM_AJAX_NEW_TEMPLATE_NAME_HEADER', 'Please enter a new name for the new Template. Or...'); define('AM_AJAX_NEW_NAME', 'New Name:'); define('AM_AJAX_CHOOSE_EXISTING_TEMPLATE_TO_OVERWRITE', ' ...

... Choose an existing one to overwrite'); define('AM_AJAX_CHOOSE_EXISTING_TEMPLATE_TITLE', 'Existing:'); define('AM_AJAX_RENAME_TEMPLATE_ENTER_NEW_NAME', 'Please enter the new name for the %s Template'); define('AM_AJAX_PROMPT_DELETE_TEMPLATE', 'Are you sure you want to delete the %s Template?

This cannot be undone!'); //attributeManager.php define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_ATTRIBUTE_TO_OPTION', 'Adds the selected attribute on the left to the %s option'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_NEW_VALUE_TO_OPTION', 'Adds a new value to the %s option'); define('AM_AJAX_PRODUCT_REMOVES_OPTION_AND_ITS_VALUES', 'Removes the option %1$s and the %2$d option value(s) below it from this product'); define('AM_AJAX_CHANGES', 'Changes'); define('AM_AJAX_LOADS_SELECTED_TEMPLATE', 'Loads the selected template'); define('AM_AJAX_SAVES_ATTRIBUTES_AS_A_NEW_TEMPLATE', 'Saves the current attributes as a new template'); define('AM_AJAX_RENAMES_THE_SELECTED_TEMPLATE', 'Renames the selected template'); define('AM_AJAX_DELETES_THE_SELECTED_TEMPLATE', 'Deletes the selected template'); define('AM_AJAX_NAME', 'Name'); define('AM_AJAX_ACTION', 'Action'); define('AM_AJAX_PRODUCT_REMOVES_VALUE_FROM_OPTION', 'Removes %1$s from %2$s, from this product'); define('AM_AJAX_MOVES_VALUE_UP', 'Moves option value up'); define('AM_AJAX_MOVES_VALUE_DOWN', 'Moves option value down'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_NEW_OPTION', 'Adds a new option to the list'); define('AM_AJAX_OPTION', 'Option:'); define('AM_AJAX_VALUE', 'Value:'); define('AM_AJAX_PREFIX', 'Prefix:'); define('AM_AJAX_PRICE', 'Price:'); define('AM_AJAX_WEIGHT_PREFIX', 'Wgt.Prefix:'); define('AM_AJAX_WEIGHT', 'Weight:'); define('AM_AJAX_SORT', 'Sort:'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_NEW_OPTION_VALUE', 'Adds a new option value to the list'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_ATTRIBUTE_TO_PRODUCT', 'Adds the attribute to the current product'); define('AM_AJAX_DELETES_ATTRIBUTE_FROM_PRODUCT', 'Deletes attribute or attribute combination from the current product'); define('AM_AJAX_QUANTITY', 'Quantity:'); define('AM_AJAX_PRODUCT_REMOVE_ATTRIBUTE_COMBINATION_AND_STOCK', 'Removes this attribute combination and stock from this product'); define('AM_AJAX_UPDATE_OR_INSERT_ATTRIBUTE_COMBINATIONBY_QUANTITY', 'Update or Insert the attribute combination with the given quantity'); define('AM_AJAX_UPDATE_PRODUCT_QUANTITY', 'Set the given quantity to the current product'); //attributeManager.class.php define('AM_AJAX_TEMPLATES', '-- Templates --'); //---------------------------- // Change: download attributes for AM // // author: mytool //----------------------------- define('AM_AJAX_FILENAME', 'File'); define('AM_AJAX_FILE_DAYS', 'Days'); define('AM_AJAX_FILE_COUNT', 'Max. downloads'); define('AM_AJAX_DOWLNOAD_EDIT', 'Edit download option'); define('AM_AJAX_DOWLNOAD_ADD_NEW', 'Add download option'); define('AM_AJAX_DOWLNOAD_DELETE', 'Delete download option'); define('AM_AJAX_HEADER_DOWLNOAD_ADD_NEW', 'Add download option for \"%s\"'); define('AM_AJAX_HEADER_DOWLNOAD_EDIT', 'Edit download option for \"%s\"'); define('AM_AJAX_HEADER_DOWLNOAD_DELETE', 'Delete download option from \"%s\"'); define('AM_AJAX_FIRST_SAVE', 'Save Product before adding options'); //---------------------------- // EOF Change: download attributes for AM //----------------------------- define('AM_AJAX_OPTION_NEW_PANEL','New option:'); define('AM_AJAX_SORT_NUMERIC', 'Sort Numerically'); define('AM_AJAX_SORT_ALPHABETIC', 'Sort Alphabetically'); ?> This will overwrite this products current options and cannot be undone.'); define('AM_AJAX_NEW_TEMPLATE_NAME_HEADER', 'Please enter a new name for the new Template. Or...'); define('AM_AJAX_NEW_NAME', 'New Name:'); define('AM_AJAX_CHOOSE_EXISTING_TEMPLATE_TO_OVERWRITE', ' ...

... Choose an existing one to overwrite'); define('AM_AJAX_CHOOSE_EXISTING_TEMPLATE_TITLE', 'Existing:'); define('AM_AJAX_RENAME_TEMPLATE_ENTER_NEW_NAME', 'Please enter the new name for the %s Template'); define('AM_AJAX_PROMPT_DELETE_TEMPLATE', 'Are you sure you want to delete the %s Template?

This cannot be undone!'); //attributeManager.php define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_ATTRIBUTE_TO_OPTION', 'Adds the selected attribute on the left to the %s option'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_NEW_VALUE_TO_OPTION', 'Adds a new value to the %s option'); define('AM_AJAX_PRODUCT_REMOVES_OPTION_AND_ITS_VALUES', 'Removes the option %1$s and the %2$d option value(s) below it from this product'); define('AM_AJAX_CHANGES', 'Changes'); define('AM_AJAX_LOADS_SELECTED_TEMPLATE', 'Loads the selected template'); define('AM_AJAX_SAVES_ATTRIBUTES_AS_A_NEW_TEMPLATE', 'Saves the current attributes as a new template'); define('AM_AJAX_RENAMES_THE_SELECTED_TEMPLATE', 'Renames the selected template'); define('AM_AJAX_DELETES_THE_SELECTED_TEMPLATE', 'Deletes the selected template'); define('AM_AJAX_NAME', 'Name'); define('AM_AJAX_ACTION', 'Action'); define('AM_AJAX_PRODUCT_REMOVES_VALUE_FROM_OPTION', 'Removes %1$s from %2$s, from this product'); define('AM_AJAX_MOVES_VALUE_UP', 'Moves option value up'); define('AM_AJAX_MOVES_VALUE_DOWN', 'Moves option value down'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_NEW_OPTION', 'Adds a new option to the list'); define('AM_AJAX_OPTION', 'Option:'); define('AM_AJAX_VALUE', 'Value:'); define('AM_AJAX_PREFIX', 'Prefix:'); define('AM_AJAX_PRICE', 'Price:'); define('AM_AJAX_WEIGHT_PREFIX', 'Wgt.Prefix:'); define('AM_AJAX_WEIGHT', 'Weight:'); define('AM_AJAX_SORT', 'Sort:'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_NEW_OPTION_VALUE', 'Adds a new option value to the list'); define('AM_AJAX_ADDS_ATTRIBUTE_TO_PRODUCT', 'Adds the attribute to the current product'); define('AM_AJAX_DELETES_ATTRIBUTE_FROM_PRODUCT', 'Deletes attribute or attribute combination from the current product'); define('AM_AJAX_QUANTITY', 'Quantity:'); define('AM_AJAX_PRODUCT_REMOVE_ATTRIBUTE_COMBINATION_AND_STOCK', 'Removes this attribute combination and stock from this product'); define('AM_AJAX_UPDATE_OR_INSERT_ATTRIBUTE_COMBINATIONBY_QUANTITY', 'Update or Insert the attribute combination with the given quantity'); define('AM_AJAX_UPDATE_PRODUCT_QUANTITY', 'Set the given quantity to the current product'); //attributeManager.class.php define('AM_AJAX_TEMPLATES', '-- Templates --'); //---------------------------- // Change: download attributes for AM // // author: mytool //----------------------------- define('AM_AJAX_FILENAME', 'File'); define('AM_AJAX_FILE_DAYS', 'Days'); define('AM_AJAX_FILE_COUNT', 'Max. downloads'); define('AM_AJAX_DOWLNOAD_EDIT', 'Edit download option'); define('AM_AJAX_DOWLNOAD_ADD_NEW', 'Add download option'); define('AM_AJAX_DOWLNOAD_DELETE', 'Delete download option'); define('AM_AJAX_HEADER_DOWLNOAD_ADD_NEW', 'Add download option for \"%s\"'); define('AM_AJAX_HEADER_DOWLNOAD_EDIT', 'Edit download option for \"%s\"'); define('AM_AJAX_HEADER_DOWLNOAD_DELETE', 'Delete download option from \"%s\"'); define('AM_AJAX_FIRST_SAVE', 'Save Product before adding options'); //---------------------------- // EOF Change: download attributes for AM //----------------------------- define('AM_AJAX_OPTION_NEW_PANEL','New option:'); define('AM_AJAX_SORT_NUMERIC', 'Sort Numerically'); define('AM_AJAX_SORT_ALPHABETIC', 'Sort Alphabetically'); ?>

Edited by tonymatt