• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

Hi. im just wondering. is it not possible to edit/remove/delete options and values via this plugin ?

so we still need the old version to perform this kind of operations ?

i will make an attempt to solve this issue. is someone willing to help out ?

to rusNN

Hi. i get this script error

root is not defined
function onclick(event) { return root("option1,option2,option8"); }(Object { name="event"})catego...t/seq/4 (linje 2)
[break on this error] return root("option1,option2,option8"); 

when i try to add a stock. but this only happens in my highly modefied osc. in a stock osc version it works fine.

does it tell you something about what i need to look for ?

also. the green check button for adding the stock is missing the words quantity

and when pushing it submits the whole form of the page.

Edited by mortal

Hi, mortal

Hi. i get this script error

does it tell you something about what i need to look for ?

Unfortunatelly no. I didn't deeply dig in the innards, only do that wasn't done before. Seems as several script conflicts each other.

the green check button for adding the stock is missing the words quantity

and when pushing it submits the whole form of the page.

What does "missing the words quantity" mean? Sorry my bad English.

Whole page reloading may also be the script conflict cause.

Hi, mortal

Unfortunatelly no. I didn't deeply dig in the innards, only do that wasn't done before. Seems as several script conflicts each other.

What does "missing the words quantity" mean? Sorry my bad English.

Whole page reloading may also be the script conflict cause.

Thank you very much for the fast reply. well. my english is not very good anyway. so explaining can be quiet hard too :)

well. simply the words are missing in quantity: for some reason it only writes t: and i have made no alterations to the languagefile and no alterations to the main manager file. i have only tried to implement "option type" but thats only in the popup class. and the same problem is present even with clean install of manager.

but im actually suspecting it to be some kind of cache issue. because even if i rename attributeManager.php file. i still get the manager displayed on the page. wich is very wierd. and if i type in som faulty code or even just some plane debug words. they dont show up.....

so perhaps im syuck with the old previous version in cache somehow. and i have tried to empty cache. its an anoying error....

and even if i use a clean categories.php file. its the same issue. its all on the same domain.

the working version is on a subdomain of that same domain.

perhaps i need to look more into the cache issue before going on.

That's great! I understand you.

for some reason it only writes t:

This is the point I started my update for this contrib. In that point nothing was work for me too. I don't install on clean osC and use heavily modified store, but it works for now.

Please, check that you use my upload, because it seems you install previous. In all cases in my upload you should see normal ALT tag on the green button that adds stock.

That's great! I understand you.

This is the point I started my update for this contrib. In that point nothing was work for me too. I don't install on clean osC and use heavily modified store, but it works for now.

Please, check that you use my upload, because it seems you install previous. In all cases in my upload you should see normal ALT tag on the green button that adds stock.

thank you for that info. it supports my suspision. thats its a cache problem.

also. i still see the input fields for sortorder. not the arrows.

do you know if its somehow possible to disable a caching function ?

BTW. i have added the option type to the contribution. is anyone interested in that ?

thank you for that info. it supports my suspision. thats its a cache problem.

also. i still see the input fields for sortorder. not the arrows.

do you know if its somehow possible to disable a caching function ?

BTW. i have added the option type to the contribution. is anyone interested in that ?

Well well.human failure (as so often before) a long time ago i had made symlinks for the files to a central fileset on the server. but as i NOW remember i could not symlink attributeManager.php and left it not linked. and when i then only replace the core files. naturally it is not updated.

jesus. how stupid can one be...... hehe. well. solved. and i will try to get edit and deletion of options and values working.

So, you done it! Good. Sorry I can't post earlier and my fault was that I forgot to say to check core files, because the letter "t:" for quantity was hardcoded in admin\attributeManager\attributeManager.php and of couse if you may see it, your attributeManager.php is old.

Regards!

Peter

So, you done it! Good. Sorry I can't post earlier and my fault was that I forgot to say to check core files, because the letter "t:" for quantity was hardcoded in admin\attributeManager\attributeManager.php and of couse if you may see it, your attributeManager.php is old.

Regards!

Peter

Hey peter, i have made som modefications to the contribution :

1. tinybrowser for selecting download file and uploading and so on (the manager is included in the package)

2. made a delete button for both options and values

3. option type integration (select option type and field size)

all 3 are switchable from the config file

and i was wondering if anyone would like to test this before putting it in the contributions area ?

Good news!

I may try, but now I completely have no time (( It is awesome if your modification may understand cirillyc. For now, when I add a new option on Russian its name is broken due to character set. This bug fix will be great addition to delete and edit possibility.

I don't understand the need of option type, so need to try.

You may send me your version, but I can't promis that I test it quickly. Mail to [email protected]

May be you use Options As Images contribution? That also be great to may add images to attributes.

And the last. I plan to use SPPC in nearly future. So, I think, I'll begin to add possibility to fill several prices.

Good news!

I may try, but now I completely have no time (( It is awesome if your modification may understand cirillyc. For now, when I add a new option on Russian its name is broken due to character set. This bug fix will be great addition to delete and edit possibility.

I don't understand the need of option type, so need to try.

You may send me your version, but I can't promis that I test it quickly. Mail to [email protected]

May be you use Options As Images contribution? That also be great to may add images to attributes.

And the last. I plan to use SPPC in nearly future. So, I think, I'll begin to add possibility to fill several prices.

well. i use danish wich contains special characters. but im facing no problems with that.

i was not sure how to implement the delete and edit feature. but i decided to add them to the select menu where one adds a new option. this approach removes the ability to delete and edit options already selected for that specific product. but its only a matter of delete the option associated to that specific product. then its deletable. and perhaps in the future i will add the feature in the attributes list itself. it just seemed most logic to collect the actions there.

and i decided that when deleting a option it also deletes all values associated to it. and also all attributes using this option. i did this because when using this attributemanager. they are conected to each other when creating a attribute. so if a option was deleted the values vould be invisable. except if one uses the old manager.

well. option type is used alot on my side. it adds the ability to show the attribute as a checkbox,textfield,textarea, radiobutton and so on. unfortunatly qtpro is not implemented fully yet.

yes. im also planning on implementing options as images. i dont think it will be that great a problem if i use tinybrowser again.

im not using SPPC but something similar. but it does not allow additional pricing pr. attribute. so please make it optional when you get to that :)

i will try to create a package to send you soon. but im not entirely sure when at the moment. (im working on the edit feature still)

hi,

hope some one can help me

i need to remove the forced (+) when adding attributes to a product. i need it to be (nothing).

the problem now is that when i make it nothing it automatically converts the attribute value to (0.00).

thanks in advance

valerif

Hi. im not sure if its a good thing.

if you do so. it will in the shop register it as a minus (-)

because the shop logic is like this

if ($attribute_setupprice['price_prefix'] == '+') {

}else{

}

but if you insist. you could do a search for prefix in classes/attributeManagerInstant.class.php for this

if((empty($prefix))||($prefix==' ')){

$prefix='+';

}

simply comment out either one line or all 3

// $prefix='+';

}

im not sure if thats all. but try it

also. right above that line. you see $price='0.0000';

try to alter those lines to suit your needs

Hi. im not sure if its a good thing.

if you do so. it will in the shop register it as a minus (-)

because the shop logic is like this

if ($attribute_setupprice['price_prefix'] == '+') {

}else{

}

but if you insist. you could do a search for prefix in classes/attributeManagerInstant.class.php for this

$prefix='+';

}

simply comment out either one line or all 3

// $prefix='+';

}

im not sure if thats all. but try it

also. right above that line. you see $price='0.0000';

try to alter those lines to suit your needs

hi,

thanks for your advise. it works fine.

why i need this is becasue i installed a contribution where actual prices are shown. in this contribution is required to write the actual price and leave the prefix epmty

thanks again

hi,

thanks for your advise. it works fine.

why i need this is becasue i installed a contribution where actual prices are shown. in this contribution is required to write the actual price and leave the prefix epmty

thanks again

hi,

correction. the problem is still there

for the first attribute worked. but when i add next atrribute it automatically adds + prefics again once i put a price. for example i add $20.00 and it adds + to it.

if i select instead of + nothing then it converts the price to 0.00

i would appreciate any suggestion how to remove the prefix please

thanks

I didn't check, so it's on you own risk. Find function amUpdate (near line 103) in attributeManager.js and comment out line 110:

before:

if((optionSender=='prefix')&&((prefix=='')||(prefix==' '))){
	price='0';
}

after:

if((optionSender=='prefix')&&((prefix=='')||(prefix==' '))){
//		price='0';
}

It may be some more same constructions.

Hi All,

I am really having some sort issues that I just have not been able to resolve.

Currently the option keep defaulting to a priced selection even though I sorted with the arrows.

I want no prices to be defaulted giving the customer the OPTION to pay more for an addon option by choice.

For example:

Select Below (adds $0) <----- This to be default or top order!

Custom Size adds ($50) <------ This to only be selected by customer not default order!

Your help is appreciated.

Hi All,

I am really having some sort issues that I just have not been able to resolve.

Currently the option keep defaulting to a priced selection even though I sorted with the arrows.

I want no prices to be defaulted giving the customer the OPTION to pay more for an addon option by choice.

For example:

Select Below (adds $0) <----- This to be default or top order!

Custom Size adds ($50) <------ This to only be selected by customer not default order!

Your help is appreciated.

The issue can be solved in client side. Sorting in admin side is not necessary. Check file catalog\products_info.php and search for "order by" clause in queries that selects attributes and options data. If use plugins such as Options As Images see options_images.php for that. If use QT Pro, see class pad_base.php for that.

The issue can be solved in client side. Sorting in admin side is not necessary. Check file catalog\products_info.php and search for "order by" clause in queries that selects attributes and options data. If use plugins such as Options As Images see options_images.php for that. If use QT Pro, see class pad_base.php for that.

I pulled that code and tried various things but did not succeed. Here is the code$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");:

Again, I am trying to get it to default to pick up the line that has no price to be default in the order.

Also I am confused. What are the up and down arrows for that say they sort the attributes. They don't seem to do anything on the client side.

Thanks,

I pulled that code and tried various things but did not succeed. Here is the code$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");:

Again, I am trying to get it to default to pick up the line that has no price to be default in the order.

Also I am confused. What are the up and down arrows for that say they sort the attributes. They don't seem to do anything on the client side.

Thanks,

After reviewing a previous post I think I have it resolved. I will post this to help anyone else in same need of sorting by price with lowest first.

In product_info.php find:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Replace with:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.options_values_price, pov.products_options_values_name");

Now the customer will have to select in order to add a priced option whereas before it may default already to a priced option.

Hope this helps,

Charles

The Up\Down arrows works only if you have Attribute Sort Order plugin installed.

The above query sorts only options, not attributes. It sort by their names and applied only if two or more options available for the product.

There is one more query, that selects attributes. Like this on unmodified store:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Try to change it to

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.options_values_price, pa.options_values_price, pov.products_options_values_name");

That code should sort by price and than, if equal prices, by attributes name. But this is not what you want if you have negative prices, because negative in that case be the first.

Edited by RusNN