• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

Still haven't been able to get this working. If anyone has an answer I am more than willing to make a donation to them for their help :)

It's the only thing stopping me from using it since most of my attributes are text fields.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Amazing addon. Wish I had it when I first started and didn't have to add all those attributes by hand! :P

Anyways, I am using Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

found here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/160

It allows you to use text boxes for personalization, gift messages, etc.., on an

item as an attribute. I saw others with this same problem on the forums, but

no answers to it yet. I've been trying to fix it with no luck.

---ISSUE---

I see the options for the text fields when adding or editing an item, and I see

the word 'TEXT' in the option value space, but it will not allow me to add the

option. Basically I click and it does nothing and acts like it does when a value

with no options is trying to be added.

I think the problem maybe that the text field option is option ID#0

I know there was a problem with ID #0 in the past, could this be causing it?

Any help with this would be so greatly appreciated. I have been trying for

a very long time to get it working with the text field with no avail.

Thank you for any help anyone can give.

Tomasz,

I have prior versions working, but get this sql error with v2.8.2.

1052 - Column: 'products_options_sort_order' in order clause is ambiguous

select * from products_attributes as pa INNER JOIN products_options po ON pa.options_id=po.products_options_id where products_id = '306' AND language_id=1 order by products_options_sort_order

What do you think is causing this? I'm running PHP5, register globals off, and mysql 5.

Thanks,

EricK

I've been searching the forum for some time now in hopes that I can find some reason as to why there isn't any mention to sort by option (not option value). Digging thru the attributeManager.php file I came across two lines that do just that; move attribute options up/down the screen. Or at least that's how it appears. (missing code).

How do we get this working? This would be a great feature for AJAX Attribute Manager.

~Dysier

Hey people,

I installed this contribution, followed instructions and double checked them after, deleted the .htaccess from the attributeManager/ folder, cleared browsers cache and still nothing shows up (Firefox 2.0.0.14 || IE 7.0).

Any ideas?

Edited by repT|Le

A while back, I installed the first version and then promptly installed 1.4. When I did, all of the images were missing and the dreaded red x appeared in their places. I had no idea why and I just thought I had somehow made an error.

Now on a new site, I have installed the latest version (5.1) and again, the red x appeared but a few images did appear. When I looked in the images folder, I now see that some images are png files. I guess my server is not equipped to open these types of images...is that possible?

Aside from that, I love this contribution and it makes my life so much easier - even if I have to look at red x's!

Has anyone resolved this issue? I am having the exact same issue with a new install and cannot figure it out. I even converted some of the PNG files to GIF and JPG and put those in the admin/attributeManager/images folder, but still same red x appears for all images except for the plus and minus. Where can the issue be?

You don't need a "contribution" for sorting the attributes... Just change the query that reads the attributes in product_info.php, adding at the end:

order by pa.options_values_price, pov.products_options_values_name

Here's how it comes out: http://ritosa.si/trgovina/product_info.php...amp;language=sl

(the site is in slovene and a work in progress)

Edited by repT|Le

You don't need a "contribution" for sorting the attributes... Just change the query that reads the attributes in product_info.php, adding at the end:

order by pa.options_values_price, pov.products_options_values_name

Here's how it comes out: http://ritosa.si/trgovina/product_info.php...amp;language=sl

(the site is in slovene and a work in progress)

Ok, I have tried changing this and it doesn't change anything in the attributes listed in the store. I am also using master/slave products BUT this typically does not have anything to do with the way the attributes show up.

http://www.totallygirly.com/bobby-jack-gro...1895-p-960.html

This is showing the attributes and I am wanting them listed by price but it is not working.

Twin

Full $10.00

Queen $12.00

King $15.00

Ok, I have tried changing this and it doesn't change anything in the attributes listed in the store.

I did not want to give detailed instructions on purpose, so people that don't know anything about php/sql (not saying that you're that case) would be discouraged to do so and I couldn't be blamed if they mess up :)

In product_info.php, there is a query named $products_options_query that reads the attributes into an array called $products_options. You want to change that query to sort the attributes as they are read from the DB. The modified query would now look:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.options_values_price, pov.products_options_values_name");

(only the "order by ..." is added at the end)

That means, the attributes are first sorted by price and then by name. I have done this so that if attributes don't add a value to the product, I show them sorted by size (inches or something, whatever) or colour, like in this case.

This is exactly what I changed and it does nothing. I am wondering if it is a conflict between this and the master/slave contribution.

I did not want to give detailed instructions on purpose, so people that don't know anything about php/sql (not saying that you're that case) would be discouraged to do so and I couldn't be blamed if they mess up :)

In product_info.php, there is a query named $products_options_query that reads the attributes into an array called $products_options. You want to change that query to sort the attributes as they are read from the DB. The modified query would now look:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.options_values_price, pov.products_options_values_name");

(only the "order by ..." is added at the end)

That means, the attributes are first sorted by price and then by name. I have done this so that if attributes don't add a value to the product, I show them sorted by size (inches or something, whatever) or colour, like in this case.

This is exactly what I changed and it does nothing. I am wondering if it is a conflict between this and the master/slave contribution.

In that case you obviously need to find out where you actually read them.

That's why I keep those contributions where you need to edit or override the osc code to a lowest possible point :)

Good luck tho :)

Edited by repT|Le

Has anyone resolved this issue? I am having the exact same issue with a new install and cannot figure it out. I even converted some of the PNG files to GIF and JPG and put those in the admin/attributeManager/images folder, but still same red x appears for all images except for the plus and minus. Where can the issue be?

Fixed it on my side. Just resaved all icon images from PNG to GIF and upoaded to admin/attributeManager/images folder. Then, I had to update all the .PNG extensions in the admin/attributeManager/attributeManager.php file to reflect .GIF. Now I can see the icons.

Thank you for this GREAT contribution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi all,

i installed this attribut according to the instructions.

this is what i get

on the top of the page this:

/** AJAX Attribute Manager **/ require_once('attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerUpdateAtomic.inc.php'); /** AJAX Attribute Manager end **/

at the bottom this

Warning: main(attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerPlaceHolder.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/yoyos/domains/yoyos.nl/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 536

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'attributeManager/includes/attributeManagerPlaceHolder.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/yoyos/domains/yoyos.nl/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 536

can someone tell me how to fix this please?

Richard

I've installed Osc2.2RC2 & AJAX Attribute Manager 2.8.2.

All attribute options are sorted in alphabetical order and the [123] [abc] buttons don't appear to do anything.

Any suggestions?

I installed this and also installed sort order and activated it and it is not working. It is showing the order right in admin but not in product_info.php

Did one of you install QTPro?

I've installed Osc2.2RC2 & AJAX Attribute Manager 2.8.2.

All attribute options are sorted in alphabetical order and the [123] [abc] buttons don't appear to do anything.

Any suggestions?

These buttons are made to sort attribute templates ... not options :thumbsup:

If you are happy with my OSC contribution changes feel free to hire me.

Hi

Today i was decided to install this contribution

My osc is 2.2RC2a

Latest version of contribution

and ... i have errors with headers and arrays.

this is a error on categories page when i try to edit or add new product.

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /www/afristore/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 123

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /www/afristore/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 123

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/afristore/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:123) in /www/afristore/admin/attributeManager/attributeManager.php on line 51

server is running on apache 2.1

php is 5.2.3 with register globas off.

where i should look for solution?

About the 123 error !

In:

admin/includes/functions/sessions.php

change

line 123 "return isset($_SESSION) && array_key_exists($variable, $_SESSION);"

to

return isset($_SESSION[$variable]);

:rolleyes:

Edited by TomaszBG

If you are happy with my OSC contribution changes feel free to hire me.

one problem:o

I have installed the attribut now but when im going to add og edit product it dosent show up under the price its just like the same old thing. Someone who know the problem?:)

and I see I have to to something in the sql but i dont have the "admin_files" sql so I cant add: INSERT INTO `admin_files` VALUES ('', 'attributeManager.php', 0, 3, '1'); I just get fail.

MySQL sa: Dokumentasjon

#1146 - Table 'trendho_trendhouse.admin_files' doesn't exist

Edited by trendhouse

About the 123 error !

In:

admin/includes/functions/sessions.php

change

line 123 "return isset($_SESSION) && array_key_exists($variable, $_SESSION);"

to

return isset($_SESSION[$variable]);

:rolleyes:

I have this problem and i don´t go, i did this changes and it isn´t going.

I have other problem, and i need help me.

1052 - Column 'attributte_sort' in order clause is ambiguous

select * from products_attributes as pa INNER JOIN products_options po ON pa.options_id=po.products_options_id where products_id = '39' AND language_id=3 order by attributte_sort

[TEP STOP]

i think that sql is incomplete i think that this sql is ended: ..... order by PA.attributte_sort but i don´t know where is in this code.

Help me?

this all my errors

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in D:\Aplicaciones\AppServ\www\tienda\private\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 123

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in D:\Aplicaciones\AppServ\www\tienda\private\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 123

1052 - Column 'attributte_sort' in order clause is ambiguous

select * from products_attributes as pa INNER JOIN products_options po ON pa.options_id=po.products_options_id where products_id = '39' AND language_id=3 order by attributte_sort

[TEP STOP]

I´m sorry but my english isn´t good.

Edited by dasaf