• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate --- HELP ME!! PLEASE!!

darrenkarp

Hi All,

Being a newbie really doesn't help but I've followed the instructions to the letter on installing EP on my OSC but I cannot see the 'Easy Populate' menu on the left side of the Admin control panel anywhere. I've tried clicking into the Catalog section but its still not there. I've checked and double checked that I have the additional code required in the catalog.php file.

Can anyone advise what I've done wrong?

Many thanks

Darren

I am also struggling getting easy pop to work, but I have a different problem.

Any info I put into the table in excel will not show up in my catalog after upload.

The easy pop link in admin was no problem with me, maybe there is a tiny bit of code

missing in this line, maybe only a dot ot something small like this?

I am also struggling getting easy pop to work, but I have a different problem.

Any info I put into the table in excel will not show up in my catalog after upload.

The easy pop link in admin was no problem with me, maybe there is a tiny bit of code

missing in this line, maybe only a dot ot something small like this?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Not being a PHP programmer or HTML for that matter I have no idea what the ' and . commands do. I simply copied and pasted the code from the .txt file into the .PHP file as instructed.

What do these symbols do and when should they not be there?

Cheers

Darren

I am also not an expert but it wont work if something is missing, even if it is just a dot (fullstop).

When you pasted this line you certainly must have mist one symbol or more, otherwise it would work.

Also how did you upload the file?

I too am having this problem.

You should be able to see the "Easy Populate" from your menu commands in Admin.. When you go to your admin screen and get the blue menu in the center of the page, click on Catalog. If you don't get this blue menu but you get some admin files, look on the left side of the screen and see the different menus you can select. From top to bottom they are "Configuration", "Catalog", "Modules", "Customers", "Locations/Taxes", "Localization", "Reports" and "Tools".

Click on Catalog. This will open up your Catalog menu under that heading still on the left side of the page.

You should see Easy Populate on that menu - mine is 3rd item under the heading Catalog.

How if we could only get the dang products to load........ :(

I've done everything possible to get this do work. I've checked and rechecked all my variables. I went and made tab/text files from the excel files by hand and they still won't load.

Please please won't someone help? I've got to open in one week and have more than 1900 products to load!!!! ACK!

Any help in advance is very welcomed and appreciated.......

• 2 weeks later...

Me too,

EP downloads great, all attributes etc, FAB.

But uploading, it just takes the first product everytime.

I have installed v2.79 & reverted to v2.72. I followed ALL the 1readme & the manuals but it just doesn't work.

Oh well. Guess it must be something i'm missing in the file that has not been mentioned in the manuals/readme files.

I will continue to drudge through the 172 pages of "support".

It would be great and fantastic if it worked in full.