• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

parse errors galore!

Laney

I don't even know where to start... :( I was getting too many errors on my site and decided to restore a backup. It was a working backup, the only difference was the catalog had less products, so the only folder that I don't overwrite is the catalog/download folder.

The restored backup gave me parse errors.

I then restored yet another backup... mind you, I never had any parse errors with these backups... the second backup is giving me more parse errors, I cannot even login the admin area anymore, I get a parse error there. I've noticed that the parse erros change from time to time... go figure.

I need someone to help me, I don't know what to do anymore...

you can see my site at:

www.meaningfulscraps.com/emporium

thanks,

Elaine

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

Well, with the error I get when going to your site it looks like you have a problem on line 317 of your index.php file. I would start there. Not sure what you are using to edit the files, but if you don't already have a good PHP/HTML editor get one. Make sure it shows you the line numbers and then just start walking through each one of the errors you get. Also, just because the error says line 317 doesn't necessarily mean it is right on that line. It could be the line above that has a problem and is causing the error on that line. For example, if you miss a semicolon at the end of a line, the error you see may be for the line below.

Hope that helps.

Archived