• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does this email look suspicious to you

linder60

Hi All,

Got this email and I'm sure its fake. I don't believe it's a real request for information. What's your opinion. The address is supposed to be from England and I don't know anything about their address formats or phone number codes on that side of the Atlantic.

Thanks for you thoughts.

The email..................

Hello, I am based in London England. I will like to order some of your products and supply to a client of mine in West Africa. Do you ship to Lagos Nigeria ? if not can I arrange for pick up by Freight forwarder, also I will like to know if you accept credit card transaction in your company. I will be waiting for your quick response so as to get back to you with the exact products that I will like to order. Regards, David Moore 276, Frobisher road, DA8-2PT Erith London, England. Fax : 448704901582 Phone : 447031912223

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Linda

If it were me, I would regard it as a scam:

1.) Nigeria

2.) International customer wishing to ship to yet another, while paying by cc.

3.) Nigeria

4.) Asking if you accept credit cards when it is clearly evident on your site that you do

5.) Nigeria

6.) The urgency

7.) Nigeria

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

Archived