• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

duplicating zone rates module

Been searching the forums, but I'm not having much luck. I apologise if it is right under my nose!

Heres what i want to do, I hope I explain it well.

I sell mainly CD's. Currently all postage rates are priced to send the CD's with their cases, what I want to do is add another postage option where people can choose to get the CD's sent without cases so postage would be a lot cheaper.

I want to use the same Zone rates module, as this works well for me, but can't figure out how to duplicate it with different prices.

I hope that made sense.... Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Fiona

Been searching the forums, but I'm not having much luck. I apologise if it is right under my nose!

Heres what i want to do, I hope I explain it well.

I sell mainly CD's. Currently all postage rates are priced to send the CD's with their cases, what I want to do is add another postage option where people can choose to get the CD's sent without cases so postage would be a lot cheaper.

I want to use the same Zone rates module, as this works well for me, but can't figure out how to duplicate it with different prices.

I hope that made sense.... Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Fiona

Hello Fiona,

Take a look at this contribution which will give you a second zones module you can use for ie. a standard mail plus a priority mail shipping option, or, as in your case, just another type of shipping option.

There are many other contributions to the default zones module so you could take a further look inside the contributions section.

regard,

Howard

Yep.. all installed and exactly what I want...

One small thing that someone may be able to help me with..

99% of the items I sell are CD's, although there is 1% which are LP's and cost a fair bit more to send. Currently I have the weight set at 1 for CD's and 3 for LP's but by using the second option for postage (without cases) it doesn't allow for the extra cost of the LP's...

Anyone know how to get around this?

Yep.. all installed and exactly what I want...

One small thing that someone may be able to help me with..

99% of the items I sell are CD's, although there is 1% which are LP's and cost a fair bit more to send. Currently I have the weight set at 1 for CD's and 3 for LP's but by using the second option for postage (without cases) it doesn't allow for the extra cost of the LP's...

Anyone know how to get around this?

How is your setup right now for the two zone options ?

• 5 months later...
Hello Fiona,

Take a look at this contribution which will give you a second zones module you can use for ie. a standard mail plus a priority mail shipping option, or, as in your case, just another type of shipping option.

There are many other contributions to the default zones module so you could take a further look inside the contributions section.

regard,

Howard

Hello Howard,

I've been dealing with this contribution which I found and downloaded 2 weeks ago.

In my shop we want to give shipping quotation just for Mexico ...for all other countries we want to give quotation after the checkout and we're not going to charge (we put the order in pending) until we send to our customers outside Mexico the exact shippong quotation of what they want to buy (we put a note in the checkout_shipping that alert the user about it)

I set up zone.php for land delivery and zone2.php for air delivery using just one zone=MX.

I've also tried changing $this->num_zones = 1; and put it to 2.

What happens to me is that, if a country is not defined in the Zone # Countries the checkout_shipping loop so the user cannot go ahead with the checkout process.

It's strange because I found this comment ...

'If a country is not listed, then the module will add a $0.00 shipping charge and will indicate that shipping is not available to that destination. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ORDER CAN STILL BE COMPLETED AND PROCESSED!'

Well ...do you have any advise to give me please?

Thanks a lot.

Laura