• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

single product in two categories

Hello!

I am new to OS Commerce (and to site building, PHP, SQL , and all the rest), and have made it past the install and into some customization, and adding products to the catalog.

Some of the items I will be selling logically fit in to more than one of the categories I will be using. Is there a way to have a single product listing show up in more than one of these categories?

I want to do this to make these items easier for shoppers to find, not to make the catalog look inflated or repetative.

Thanks to all of you for your helpfulness here in the forums, and in your contributions! Reading what is already here has saved me from having to ask many questions already.

Hello!

I am new to OS Commerce (and to site building, PHP, SQL , and all the rest), and have made it past the install and into some customization, and adding products to the catalog.

Some of the items I will be selling logically fit in to more than one of the categories I will be using. Is there a way to have a single product listing show up in more than one of these categories?

I want to do this to make these items easier for shoppers to find, not to make the catalog look inflated or repetative.

Thanks to all of you for your helpfulness here in the forums, and in your contributions! Reading what is already here has saved me from having to ask many questions already.

In admin/catalog/categories/the product, you can select to copy it, you have a choice of duplicating it or linking it to another category. If you link it, it updates with the other copy or vice versa, if you duplicate it and you change one of them the other remains unchanged

Thanks for the reply, it is exactly what I needed to know!

Just to be sure I am following you correctly:

Linking the product to a second category = one catalog entry and inventory quantity

Duplicate the product = two seperate catalog entries for the same item with individual invintory quantities

Thanks for the reply, it is exactly what I needed to know!

Just to be sure I am following you correctly:

Linking the product to a second category = one catalog entry and inventory quantity

Duplicate the product = two seperate catalog entries for the same item with individual invintory quantities

correct!

f5

Archived