• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

www.playitagaingames.com FINAL VERSION and I mean it this time!

After much valuable input on this forum I am at what I truly feel is the final version of my site. After modifying it almost daily, I haven't changed anything in over a month and that is an absolute record, so I must be done.

Have a look and let me know what you think!

Thanks.

www.playitagaingames.com

Hi,

I like your site very much, so different than a "standard" Oscommerce style... And I am wondering to know which contribution you used for your menu "Home, about us ?...." at the top ?

I would like to use the same for my shop at www.e-modelisme.com has it takes too much room against product pictures.

Best regards.

After much valuable input on this forum I am at what I truly feel is the final version of my site. After modifying it almost daily, I haven't changed anything in over a month and that is an absolute record, so I must be done.

Have a look and let me know what you think!

Thanks.

www.playitagaingames.com

Personally, I'd recommend removing alot of the main nav bars, seems to be way too many. Could consolidate many. Also I would remove those cartoon icons on top of each page, they are too.. MS Word clip arteque.. and unprofessional. Your site has a pretty good "fun gaming" theme, but there's a difference between professional and amateur presentation.

Also it's fine to add paypal to payment options, but you should include options for customers to pay directly to you by cc, although that will cost extra. I didn't actually check by test buying, so I don't know if you actually have a merchant account or not, but if I was going to buy online, I would really think twice if a store only accepted Paypal, not that it's not a valid option, it's just not very professional.

Hi there!

I love the border around your pictures.

I sometimes like and sometimes don't like the blue "fun" tabs/category headers in combination with the more professional browns/greys.... It depends on which way I tilt my head - seriously! LOL.

Personally, I don't see a problem with only PP as a payment option. I am having to go that way myself - at least until I have the funds to get a merchant account. As long as customers know they do not have to set up a PP account in order to use it - I do not forsee a problem.

It seems your products are just one of a kind item - another words, not an inventory of 100 Puzzler games and such, right? What are your product placeholder as these individual games sell out? Just curious.

I agree - remove/replace the stock OsC clipart in the upper right corner of each section. They do not match the site in any way.

Otherwise, great site! Great niche also.

Thank you for your comments. I agree about the clip art and frankly have just been lazy about removing them, I have meant to do it.

My personal opinion on the PayPal issue is that PayPal has become a very commonly used, I would even say accepted form of payment. For a smaller site like mine it is a very affordable option that works great.

As far as the tabs go, I went with many so that the pages they link to are shorter. I found that long text pages on my site just don't look that good.

I do not have product placeholders, I just add new items as I get them. I have not had the situation occur where a category goes empty so I have not really thought about that yet.

Archived