• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

file permissions

joekatona

How do you go about changing file permissions. I added some files to my shop and a link but when I click on it I get "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

The read me file I have says " When you run Ask and Receive, if you see any warning messages, you will need to change file

permissions on five files. This is because different ISPs have different security configurations

set for PHP. Depending on how your ISP has configured PHP, you may need to use ftp or telnet to change file

permissions to rwxrw-rw- (766) on the following five files (all of which begin with "rl_DATA"

How do I do this?

:-"

How do you go about changing file permissions. I added some files to my shop and a link but when I click on it I get "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

The read me file I have says " When you run Ask and Receive, if you see any warning messages, you will need to change file

permissions on five files. This is because different ISPs have different security configurations

set for PHP. Depending on how your ISP has configured PHP, you may need to use ftp or telnet to change file

permissions to rwxrw-rw- (766) on the following five files (all of which begin with "rl_DATA"

How do I do this?

:-"

when your in your directory, you just click the file name you need to fix and on the right you will see a link for change permissions.. click that and you will have a box to change the permissions.. removing and adding checks changes the #'s I had to set mine to 444..

I hope I explained it right.. I do eveything through my control panel.

when your in your directory, you just click the file name you need to fix and on the right you will see a link for change permissions.. click that and you will have a box to change the permissions.. removing and adding checks changes the #'s I had to set mine to 444..

I hope I explained it right.. I do eveything through my control panel.

Ty it worked a treat :thumbsup:

Archived