• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with 1.71 after MS2.2 Update

I have had Option Type feature added for some time now working perfectly.

Now, when a product is added to a shopping basket my text & option values update correctly. If I go to buy the same product but with different options / text, the original item added is changed to the new option values I have set (so I now have a quantity of 2 in the basket with the same values, and not 2 separate lines with a quantity of 1 each).

This behavior has only just crept into my site. The only thing I can recall changing recently is the addition of the MS2.2 updates which I thoroughly checked. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and found a solution. I will need to start unpicking the MS2.2 Updates without your help!

I have had Option Type feature added for some time now working perfectly.

Now, when a product is added to a shopping basket my text & option values update correctly. If I go to buy the same product but with different options / text, the original item added is changed to the new option values I have set (so I now have a quantity of 2 in the basket with the same values, and not 2 separate lines with a quantity of 1 each).

This behavior has only just crept into my site. The only thing I can recall changing recently is the addition of the MS2.2 updates which I thoroughly checked. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and found a solution. I will need to start unpicking the MS2.2 Updates without your help!

I have resolved my problem. The issue was with my attempt at implementing "Adding Non-Existing Products To Cart"

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1617

I'm no php programmer to say the least - I have implemented osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113 for my site. Of the bug fixes included I could not work out the changes required in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php in conjunction with the Option Type Feature contribution.

Has anyone implemented this that could share their code?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi, did you manage to fix this problem?

I've just installed the Option Type Feature and have the same problem. If I buy a second product, the same as the first, but add different text the cart shows 1 item with quantity 2.

Cheers,

James.

Hi, did you manage to fix this problem?

I've just installed the Option Type Feature and have the same problem. If I buy a second product, the same as the first, but add different text the cart shows 1 item with quantity 2.

Cheers,

James.

I never managed to resolve this. At the moment I have backed out the changes I made in http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1617 and just left that one for now.

• 1 month later...
I never managed to resolve this. At the moment I have backed out the changes I made in http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1617 and just left that one for now.

Thank you, I've been trying to fix this is option type contrib and had no idea what was causing this error and also the drop down attribute options not to show. By backing out this bug fix it corrected the problem mentioned earlier and the drop down option not showing in the shopping cart!

Thanks again!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

One other bug I've noticed is since the oscommerce update when I set a price for the attribute, say +$4 it does not increase this in the shopping cart, have you guys found what is causing this also?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

One other bug I've noticed is since the oscommerce update when I set a price for the attribute, say +$4 it does not increase this in the shopping cart, have you guys found what is causing this also?

This feature is currently working on my site, e.g. http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/aluminium-...arge-p-146.html. I have still not got around to redoing the bug fixe I had to back out.

My main problem at the moment (which I suspect is related to option type feature) is that occassionally a customer will email to say they can't remove products from their cart. I can't seem to replicate the error.