• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Stage 7 File Open Error

accelerator

Hi All

I have reached installation step 7, trying to install Oscommerce on a Windows server, and I am now encountering the following error:

Warning: fopen(D:/sites/myfolder/www/myshop/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\sites\myfolder\www\myshop\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

This is the line in question:

$fp = fopen($dir_fs_document_root . 'admin/includes/configure.php', 'w');

It looks to me as though the Windows server can't recognise the variable:

$dir_fs_document_root

Can someone tell me what the most elegant way to solve this is? Is the only way to put the full physical path of the configure.php file into the fopen statement, or is there another reason why the Windows server might not be recognising the $dir_fs_document_root variable?

Or is it some kind of permissions issue?

Any replies appreciated.

Accelerator

Go to Control panel->Performance and Maintenance->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services

Search your myshop directory, right click on mouse, and if im wrigth you can change their the permissions.

KUBICO from Portugal

Hi All

OK, I managed to fix it. Here's how:

This error is caused by the Internet Guest Account not having enough privileges to modify the two configure.php files involved.

I'm working with IIS 5 on Windows 2000.

If you have Windows Server access, open Windows explorer on the server, then browse to the first configure.php file, i.e. in my case at the following location:

D:/sites/myfolder/www/myshop/catalog/includes/configure.php

Right click on the configure.php file and go to properties. In the Window that opens, go to the Security Tab. In the list of users there should be one called "Internet Guest Account". Highlight this user, and you will then see its permissions given in the screen area below. I checked "Full Control" in the list of permissions. Hence the Internet Guest Account that is being used as the user during the browser-based installation process is allowed to make the necessary updates to the configuration files.

I was also getting an error on a second configure.php file at a different location as follows:

D:/sites/myfolder/www/myshop/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

so I just did the same with that.

Hope this helps someone.

Rgds

Accelerator

navito.co.uk

Archived