• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anyone know of a contribution that allows for shiping quote and then to re- enter checkout?

dodywodyhead

Hi

Does anyone know of a contribution that allows an international customer to request a shipping quote and then the allow store owner to reply with an email showing shipping quote and then allow the cusotmer to re-enter checkout once the shipping quote is given or the invoice is updated??

I have seen the request shipping quote contribution and thought it was the answer- but seems the customer cannot get back in to make payment once the quote has been given.

THANKS in advance for any help here.

Hi

Does anyone know of a contribution that allows an international customer to request a shipping quote and then the allow store owner to reply with an email showing shipping quote and then allow the cusotmer to re-enter checkout once the shipping quote is given or the invoice is updated??

I have seen the request shipping quote contribution and thought it was the answer- but seems the customer cannot get back in to make payment once the quote has been given.

THANKS in advance for any help here.

I am after the exact same thing, and have been trawling the posts looking for it,

surely it is a common issue and there is a solution for it?

If you find a solution dodywodyhead, please post back here for those of us who are still looking

I defintaley will- If there is anyone out there who knows how to add this- it would be GREAT! I contacted Naegle who wrote the contirbution for the "Request a Quote" and this was his reply...."I'm still working on the payment side.

For now, the RFQ comes in without payment, you contact the customer for the shipping and total, and THEN you'll have to get payment info the old fashioned way... over the phone, fax, etc.

I'm still working on intergrating payment. Ideally the store owner would update the invoice with the shipping cost, then the customer would log in and confirm the order, which would then take them to the payment window to pay via the cart. Until then this is the best fix I have."

I'm hoping he or some really smart person can do this.

Jody

Do you guys ship anything internationally using anything other than USPS? I use the estimated shipping contribution for USPS and find that to be a good solution for international customers.

Hi TWINTHING, I saw the Estimated shipping contribution this morning and wondered about it--How does that work?? I use the Flat Rate Global Priority envelopes thru USPS as much as possible. My problem is that I sell MANY different items and most customers order multiple items and only so much will fit in the envelope- If I ship by weight only the shipping cost goes way up - Even if I have to ship their order in more than 1 envelope it is still less expensive to ship flat rate. but only I can determine how many envelopes it will take so they could not just choose the Global Priority Large envelope because it may be more........ Example I can fit about 3 lbs of one of my items in an envelope for $9.50 If it was figured by weight only then it would cost about $36 to ship to the UK. my solution would be if a customer could request a shipping cost- then I could update a pending order- once the order shipping cost has been update then they could confirm it and make payment.

Do you guys ship anything internationally using anything other than USPS? I use the estimated shipping contribution for USPS and find that to be a good solution for international customers.

Not everyone lives in the US, i am New Zealand based (small country east of Australia, north of Antarctica), and small changes in fuel/exchange rates etc can really amp up our shipping charges, so we use different companies and methods regularly, i like the the sound of the "request a quote system", it just needs a payments page

Not everyone lives in the US, i am New Zealand based (small country east of Australia, north of Antarctica), and small changes in fuel/exchange rates etc can really amp up our shipping charges, so we use different companies and methods regularly, i like the the sound of the "request a quote system", it just needs a payments page

My mother in law is form New Zealand :rolleyes:

I agree all my problems wouldbe solved with a confirm order / Payment page. :thumbsup:

I dont know if this helps, i needed order quotes and the ability to reorder them if they wanted.. I use the order//reorder contribution and request for quote and it works great

I dont know if this helps, i needed order quotes and the ability to reorder them if they wanted.. I use the order//reorder contribution and request for quote and it works great

THANKS so much for your reply!!!

How does the Order/reorder contribution work? I don't need them to be able to re-order but does it let them get back into an exsiting or what I would call a "pending" order after checkout and pay for it? or does it make a NEW order from a previous one? I cant really figure out what it does from the contribution page- I'm reading thru the thread page now.

I am not sure that this exactly addresses what you are requesting, however; you could try the ship in cart contribution. It allows the cistomer to receive a shipping quote before they get to checkout right in the cart. With a small modification it can also send this variable to the cart and the customer will not have to reselect their shipping option at checkout.

I use this on my site with great success. It was tough to install but well worth it. I have it set up for domestic and international customers so it should work great for you.

Backup completely before trying this, like I said installation was a challenge.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,Ship+in+cart

THANKS so much for your reply!!!

How does the Order/reorder contribution work? I don't need them to be able to re-order but does it let them get back into an exsiting or what I would call a "pending" order after checkout and pay for it? or does it make a NEW order from a previous one? I cant really figure out what it does from the contribution page- I'm reading thru the thread page now.

I have my shop set up so that the customer can choose "Quote Request" or "Ship my Order" in the checkout process. I just changed the shipping options language to say "Request a Quote" instead of "Free Shipping" or whatever. When they request a quote it sends the customer the confirmation email, which happens to include a link back to the "Order Info" screen. On the "Order Info" screen I added the "Order/ Reorder" contribution, made a new button in photoshop that says "confirm this order". When this button is clicked it sends everything from the quoted order to a new cart and then takes them through the rest of the checkout process.

I believe a combination of the two contributions might be what you are looking for with a little tweaking..

Kind of confusing I guess, I took little pieces of code from a few different contributions and stuck them together and it works for my needs.. By the way, I am not using prices or keeping track of quantity or shipping..

Best of luck, PM me with questions, I am not the coder for either of these but I can try to help if you need it..

• 2 weeks later...
I have my shop set up so that the customer can choose "Quote Request" or "Ship my Order" in the checkout process. I just changed the shipping options language to say "Request a Quote" instead of "Free Shipping" or whatever. When they request a quote it sends the customer the confirmation email, which happens to include a link back to the "Order Info" screen. On the "Order Info" screen I added the "Order/ Reorder" contribution, made a new button in photoshop that says "confirm this order". When this button is clicked it sends everything from the quoted order to a new cart and then takes them through the rest of the checkout process.

I believe a combination of the two contributions might be what you are looking for with a little tweaking..

Kind of confusing I guess, I took little pieces of code from a few different contributions and stuck them together and it works for my needs.. By the way, I am not using prices or keeping track of quantity or shipping..

Best of luck, PM me with questions, I am not the coder for either of these but I can try to help if you need it..

This is close, but its still not a complete fix.

The Re-order Contribution pulls the prices from the current catalog, not the updated invoice. So if you did make any changes to the order, it would not be reflected when they reordered. And again there is no updated shipping figures transfered to the new checkout. They might as well start over and pay the automated rates.

The idea is sound, but we would need to rework the code so that it will pull the updated figures. I have been playing around with it, and "quick fix" for the shipping is to add a new inactive product called "Shipping", and add that to the customers invoice with the appropriate costs. Then they can checkout via reorder. Its pretty rough though and requires some mods to the check-out process to enable the transaction. Again its a quick fix, not a permanent fix. If I make any more progress I'll post it...

Archived