• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing category pages

cczernia

I was wondering how are category pages generated. I want to add heading tags to the outputed pages and I had no problem doing this for the products page by editing product_info.php. However, I can't find the page that generated the category pages. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

I was wondering how are category pages generated. I want to add heading tags to the outputed pages and I had no problem doing this for the products page by editing product_info.php. However, I can't find the page that generated the category pages. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Pages are created by index.php and product_info.php. For easy inclusion of metatags, I'd recommend installing the metatags contribution which then allows you to control the metatags from the admin/catalog area (stored in your database).

just to summarise - it's index.php which creates the category (landing) pages.

edith

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Pages are created by index.php and product_info.php. For easy inclusion of metatags, I'd recommend installing the metatags contribution which then allows you to control the metatags from the admin/catalog area (stored in your database).

just to summarise - it's index.php which creates the category (landing) pages.

edith

Thanks. I managed to insert my heading tags. I'll have to make a mental note that index.php generates category pages where I thought it was only used for the opening page.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Archived