• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout Error, Orders not created

enragedcow

Hey all-

We are moving our store to a new server, and I did a direct copy of all the files databases. I simply changed the configure.php files to reflect the new server address and whatnot.

Store works fine. I can add products, go through checkout, everything. The charge shows up in our authorize.net screen, and the store generates the "order" e-mail to me as the administrator.

HOWEVER, the order doesn't exist in the database. Here's what happens:

Tables:

Orders (Info stored)

Orders_products (NOT stored)

Orders_total (NOT stored)

orders_status_history (NOT stored)

So... anyone have any ideas how simply changing to a new server could cause this?? It could be a php/ssl/curl thing perhaps, but I'm not sure...

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

Hey all-

We are moving our store to a new server, and I did a direct copy of all the files databases. I simply changed the configure.php files to reflect the new server address and whatnot.

Store works fine. I can add products, go through checkout, everything. The charge shows up in our authorize.net screen, and the store generates the "order" e-mail to me as the administrator.

HOWEVER, the order doesn't exist in the database. Here's what happens:

Tables:

Orders (Info stored)

Orders_products (NOT stored)

Orders_total (NOT stored)

orders_status_history (NOT stored)

So... anyone have any ideas how simply changing to a new server could cause this?? It could be a php/ssl/curl thing perhaps, but I'm not sure...

Nobody has any ideas? I'm completely at a loss here :(

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

Nobody has any ideas? I'm completely at a loss here :(

Okay, I figured it out... oddly enough.

The problem was in allowing persistent DB connections. As soon as I set that to false in my configure.php, it all works! Odd I think, but oh well, at least it's working now!

Archived