• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where To add Html - Meta tags to pages

will32

To do it properly, you need to add a meta tag contribution like Header Tags.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting Back to me. I have so Far Installed a Contrib called SEO URL and also SEO_Metatag,

But i seem to be having problems with my front page. For instance instead of my store name on the bar i get a ,. Don't know how to fix this.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting Back to me. I have so Far Installed a Contrib called SEO URL and also SEO_Metatag,

But i seem to be having problems with my front page. For instance instead of my store name on the bar i get a ,. Don't know how to fix this.

Also I have looked at the Header Tag, It seems some what a bit complicated for me to install, so i see there is a auto install, can that be used without over-writing my files which have other contribs installed.

Thanks for the time.

I'm not familiar with SEO metatag but my guess is that it requires some setup. You should ask in the support thread for that contribution to get the most knowledgeable response.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not familiar with SEO metatag but my guess is that it requires some setup. You should ask in the support thread for that contribution to get the most knowledgeable response.

Jack

Hi, I ahve looked at the header tags Contrib, On the second part of the install it say's i will have to modify

35 files which contains <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>, how can i do a search for these or does anyone know the name of the files to modify. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

You only need to modify those if you want the tags to appear on those pages. The main ones to do are the index.php and products_info.php files. Any file in the root that has <title> can be changed but any file that is for a secure page doesn't need it since the SE's shouldn't visit those pages anyway.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived