• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

Thanks Tom.

Since posting we've actually had a customer pay through 3D-Secure so I now know it definitely works. I'll look into getting one of our cards registered for 3D tomorrow so I can test fully.

And a big thanks to those of you who have worked so hard on this contribution.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tom,

Just upgraded to v4.4 from v3.0 and just wanted to say thank you for such a great contribution! The ease of the upgrade reflects the quality and effort you put into working on the contribution.

Also, not to forget the other members who provide such excellent support in this thread, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Firstly can I thank perfectpassion and all the other people who's hard work has produced this excelent contribution.

I have the contrib installed and is live on my site. The contrib is working fine for me.

I have purchase without account contribution running on my store.

When a customer places an order and creates an account, I get all the proxtx information displayed in my orders screen in my site admin.

When the customer checks out using pwa - although the transaction goes through fine the protx details are not displayed in my admin.

I assume this is as a result of the way PWA works - Just wondered if there was a mod so as it would display the information when PWA is used for checkout.

Many thanks,

I have no experience of PWA so this si a stab in the dark but I wonder if it's to do with customer_id?

If you look at the protx_direct table in your database are the transaction details there fore the orders where PWA was used (check by order_id and amount) - if so is the customer_id field populated?

I have no experience of PWA so this si a stab in the dark but I wonder if it's to do with customer_id?

If you look at the protx_direct table in your database are the transaction details there fore the orders where PWA was used (check by order_id and amount) - if so is the customer_id field populated?

Hi,

Many thanks for th quick reply.

The transaction details are all there. However it appears the PWA resets the customer id to 0. the whole table (apart from registered customers) is showing 0 in the customer id.

I may be wrong here, but I think i read that PWA sets a customer id of 1 during the checkout process then resets it 0 on completion of checkout.

It's going to be difficult to display the protx details if there's no customer_id. When you display an order in admin it currently pulls the protx details that match by both order_id and customer_id. It needs to be on both because say a customer attempts to place a new order, the last order was order_id 199, this new order will be 200. If their card is declined and they give up then there is a payment attempt recorded in the protx_direct table with an order_id of 200 but that order doesn't exist yet as it's never been completed.

The second customer comes along and successfully completes their order - this is order_id 200. If you didn't filter by the customer_id, when you display order number 200 you would see two payment attempts - the 1st a failure and the second successful but this is incorrect as the first (attempted) transaction was by a different customer, for different items etc.

I hope that example clarifies the problem, though I'm not entirely sure of a solution in your situation.

It's going to be difficult to display the protx details if there's no customer_id. When you display an order in admin it currently pulls the protx details that match by both order_id and customer_id. It needs to be on both because say a customer attempts to place a new order, the last order was order_id 199, this new order will be 200. If their card is declined and they give up then there is a payment attempt recorded in the protx_direct table with an order_id of 200 but that order doesn't exist yet as it's never been completed.

The second customer comes along and successfully completes their order - this is order_id 200. If you didn't filter by the customer_id, when you display order number 200 you would see two payment attempts - the 1st a failure and the second successful but this is incorrect as the first (attempted) transaction was by a different customer, for different items etc.

I hope that example clarifies the problem, though I'm not entirely sure of a solution in your situation.

Many thanks again for your time and help.

Its a shame as the majority of my customers do use the PWA option. SInce I installed PWA my sales rates went up as well - I do think the "account" option deos put people off.

The contribution is still fantastic even with my problem above. I will simply have to log in to protx admin to check things as and when needed.

Thanks again for your contribution and your help today

I take it you guys have heard about this today? ...

Dear Sir / Madam,

Protx is proud to announce our new partnership with PayPal is here!

By integrating with PayPal Express Checkout Protx is giving you the opportunity to add PayPal as a payment option on your payment pages! This additional service can be included in your package at no additional cost (standard PayPal transaction fees apply) and can increase your sales by up to 14%*.

The PayPal payment option will be available for your customers to select on the payment screen alongside the other card types activated on your Protx account. At the moment, the PayPal payment option is only available to VSP Form and VSP Server users.

There are only 3 simple steps you need to take to add PayPal Express Checkout as a payment option on your Protx account:

Step 1: Sign up to a PayPal account

If you do not already have a PayPal Business account, then you can apply for an account here.

For customers with a PayPal account you will need to ensure that it is a PayPal Business account

and that you have completed verification.

Step 2: Adjust the settings in your PayPal account

Adjust the settings in your PayPal acount to accept payments through Protx. For information on how to

do this please click here.

Step 3: Adjust the settings in your Protx account

Log into your VSP Admin account and adjust your account to add PayPal as a payment method

under "Account parameters." For further information on how to do this please click here.

For more detailed information on how to activate PayPal on your Protx account, please visit our technical support website.

If you use custom templates you will also need to add the PayPal payment button to your payment pages. Please click here for further information on how to do this.

If you have any queries regarding this service please email [email protected] or call our customer services team on 0845 111 4455.

Kind Regards

Protx Sales Team.

At the moment, the PayPal payment option is only available to VSP Form and VSP Server users.

It wouldn't make sense for Protx to have any PayPal integration for Direct customers.

The new PayPal service is being provided by RPotx for Form and Server clients - these clients have the payment page hosted by Protx (i.e. the customer leaves the site and goes to Protx's pages) - Protx have basically added a PayPal option to the Credit / Debit card option on those pages.

Not of any relevance to us Direct users - if we want PayPal then we just incorporate it on our sites.

Hi,

When my customers get to the checkout payment page they are presented with the form to enter into their credit/debit card details.

For some reason the :

Card number

Start dates

exp dates

issue number

all have yellow backgrounds, whilst the cardholder name and cvv2 box dont.

Is there a reason for this? - if not can they all be made to have white backgrounds?

many thanks

Isn't that down to the google toolbar auto-complete function or something similar? I've never seen it when I checkout on my site (with this contribution).

Ah, Good point - Hadnt thought of that!

thanks

• 1 month later...

Fantastic contribution and has been working very well since August 2007 but now seems some new cards are not passing the validation checks in classes/cc-validation.php is this now out of date? has any one else had problems or know how to fix this?

Edited by livefooduk

Best wishes

Steve

this protx module doesn't use cc_validation.php class it instead uses a modified version (protx_cc_validation.php).

The modified version does a LUHN check which all cards WILL pass if valid - it doesn't check the BIN range - that's done at the protx end.

When the cards fails what message do they get and at which stage (i.e. is it a checkout_payment implying coming from osC or on clicking confirm on checkout_confirmation.php implying it's coming from Protx)?

this protx module doesn't use cc_validation.php class it instead uses a modified version (protx_cc_validation.php).

The modified version does a LUHN check which all cards WILL pass if valid - it doesn't check the BIN range - that's done at the protx end.

When the cards fails what message do they get and at which stage (i.e. is it a checkout_payment implying coming from osC or on clicking confirm on checkout_confirmation.php implying it's coming from Protx)?

Sorry I meant the protx_cc_validation.php

I don't understand "LUHN check" or "BIN range" but I am using protx_cc_validation.php and the number I pm'd you fails the check but is authorised fine via VSP admin virtual terminal

Best wishes

Steve

Sorry I meant the protx_cc_validation.php

I don't understand "LUHN check" or "BIN range" but I am using protx_cc_validation.php and the number I pm'd you fails the check but is authorised fine via VSP admin virtual terminal

OK just tried it again now so i could give you the error message and it has gone through fine :o the customer tried it 10 times with the same error and I tried it twice and each time the error was "The credit card number entered is invalid.<br>Please check the number and try again." this error was given immediately after clicking the first continue button after entering the card number.

Logic tells me I must have entered it incorrectly (twice) and the customer entered it incorrectly 10 times but I am sure I did not, sorry to have wasted your time I feel a right plonker now

Best wishes

Steve

Hi. I've installed the latest version Protx direct and it's all working fine. Thanks!

I am using the latest version on oscommerce.

However I have installed a contribution which is supposed to allow people to shop in their own currency, but when the checkout summary is shown it tells the cusomter that they will be charged in GBP:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3333

Most of this contribution are changes to show the customer that they will be charged in GBP and how many GBP. But the line which is supposed to alledgedly force the checkout process to use GBP does not appear to work for Protx Direct. I keep receiving an error on processing which contains the information "The+value+was+EUR".

So change is to add :

$currency = DEFAULT_CURRENCY;

into the checkout_process.php page just after the application_top.php is included.

Where is the currency specified by the Protx Direct module when an order is submitted?

Thanks for any help.

The currency used for the transaction is set in protx_process.php when creating the data string

Currency => $currency,

so it is using $currency which from your posting is DEFAULT_CURRENCY.

Have you checked that your default currency is GBP in your admin area?

Hi,

The module is all working great for me. Cosmetically when my customer gets to the verified by visa or mastercard page

my site seems to break.

My header stays intact, but i lose my column left and i get a green bar that stretches right accross my screen.

Can I edit the way it displays the VBV box (not the actual box content, just how it is displayed,

many thanks,

anthony