• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to add that IP address in the Protx admin area of the test / simulator / live servers.

Tom

I have just tried that but the same ip address is already added in that area. I take it the test / similuator areas are the same area as the live servers in protx admin.

Here's a weird one. One of the sites that I administer has a customer with surname o'neill and his e-mail address is of the form xxxxxx.o'[email protected] (I've substituted x for security). I had never realised before that an apostrophe can be a valid chr in an e-mail address - potential for :angry: consequences for php & MySQL !

Sure enuff the customer cannot get his card validated when trying to make a purchase - the error says that his e-mail address is invalid - data from the protx_direct table below

11225, 6233, 7812, '7812-07365120167873089746185187973936', 'PAYMENT', '1245.0000', '', 'INVALID', '3078 : The CustomerEMail format is invalid. The value was xxxxxx.o''[email protected].', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '2007-10-19 11:44:25'

11224, 6233, 7812, '7812-46863717873014966556591201770738', 'PAYMENT', '1245.0000', '', 'INVALID', '3078 : The CustomerEMail format is invalid. The value was xxxxxx.o''[email protected].', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '2007-10-19 11:39:18'

11223, 6233, 7812, '7812-42306462423997029001851675059116', 'PAYMENT', '1245.0000', '', 'INVALID', '3078 : The CustomerEMail format is invalid. The value was xxxxxx.o''[email protected].', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '2007-10-19 11:37:32'

11222, 6233, 7812, '7812-89105855799368201733643551103517', 'PAYMENT', '1245.0000', '', 'INVALID', '3078 : The CustomerEMail format is invalid. The value was xxxxxx.o''[email protected].', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '2007-10-19 11:34:34'

As you can see there are two apostrophes - I have checked his entry in the customer address table and the e-mail address recorded there only has one apostrophe.

In protx_process.php (Using v4.4) at line 261 customer e-mail address is sent as part of validation ... I guess this may be where the problem lies. Checking for a failed transaction on Protx vspadmin reveals no sign of a failed transaction ... so it looks like the data didn't make it to Protx but was rejected by the bank system.

Cheers!

Edited by kdenby

implies you have "Use Search Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" set to true in your admin (Configuration -> My Store) - set to false and you should be fine.

I recommend Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs contrib.

Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply,

I have actioned the above, it does seem to make a difference, the problem now is that the browser just hangs, it sits the spinning, after a miniuet or so I get the error come up .. "Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us ()" I am fairly sure that it is not an IP address error as I used the address in the server info page. I am using the vendor name not testvendor and using the Test server.

Any ideas

many thanks I would have never got to that point!

thanks

Peter

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply,

I have actioned the above, it does seem to make a difference, the problem now is that the browser just hangs, it sits the spinning, after a miniuet or so I get the error come up .. "Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us ()" I am fairly sure that it is not an IP address error as I used the address in the server info page. I am using the vendor name not testvendor and using the Test server.

Any ideas

many thanks I would have never got to that point!

thanks

Peter

Please ignore I have fixed this by removing the godaddy proxy addition in protx_process

thanks

Peter

brownowl - if the error text is not appearing in the pink message box it may be due to a templating system such as STS. Do you have that installed?

Tom

Just to put this one to bed...

I rebuilt the whole shop from the base up, re-installing the latest version of every one of the many plug-ins we had. Last of all, I put Protx V4.4 on.

Guess what! Not a problem!

I don't think we'll ever know what the problem was, clearly it was not your fault, Tom. I can only conclude there was an incompatibility somewhere with a plug-in.

Thanks one and all for your help, and thanks, Tom, for a top piece of work.

Cheers, Laurie.

hi all,

been using protx_direct 4.2

everythig was working fine until about a week ago.

when credit card details are entered it comes back say there was a problem please try again.

it doesnt appear to be getting to the stage of communicating with protx.

anyone got any ideas.

maybee i should upgrade to 4.4 ........ headache.

cheers andy

Hello,

Just coming to the end of my first oscommerce project and am having some problems with Protex Direct v4.4 .

I am testing with the Protex Simulator and it looks like the order total and shipping cost is getting there, but the products and their costs are not. I get returned to the checkout_success page but when you check the order details in 'my account' or in the admin/orders all you see is the shipping cost (the product info has been lost). When I try a virtual product (ie shipping cost is zero) the same happens except the shipping is zero

So for instance a book £22.50 has a shipping cost of £8.50, Protx sees the total amount (£31) but only shows 'Basket Contents ( 1 line(s) of detail)' which is the shipping details of £8.50. Back on osc all you see is the £8.50, the products have disappeared....

I am using the product attributes option type contrib (160) to add extra attributes to my wieghtless items (there are several types: tickets, donations, downloads and applications). I know this adds some extra stuff to the basket array, colud that be the problem? Could be changing the structure for products which don't have any attributes (like the book)? I am also using the Download Controller contrib (994) with adds the ability to have free shipping for zero weight items. Also I am using STS templating (which I know is causing a problem for the 3D/cvs popups).

How do I find out what post information is supposed to be going to protx and where are those pesky products going???

Protex Direct config:

Enable Protx Direct Module

True

Vendor Name

vindolanda

Transaction Mode

Simulator

Authorisation Type

PAYMENT

Merchant Account

E

Send Shopping Cart

True

Debug

False

Sort order of display.

Frustratingly, when I look back at some of the older transaction logs on protx there do seem to be some book products which do get accross to protex and make it back to osc, but at the same time my virtual products were dumping me back to the shopping_cart page with no confirmations...

Any help or pointers would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Chaman

Having done further testing I think there is something happening to the session after a payment has been made. (The oscid visible in the url is the same but something is wrong).

This is what happens:

1 - Fresh user or session comes along adds any products to basket, goes through checkout fine, makes payment fine, account and admin info absolutely OK.

2 - But... if that user then goes a adds something else to their basket they can go through checkout proccedure as before, except that after clicking 'confirm' the $cart contents dissappears and therefore causes problems on the protx_process page. Because I couldn't work out why the cart vanishes I added in a check for an empty cart which throws you back to the basket (which now automatically displays the empty cart message) and my own 'sorry/error' message. (Maybe my problem is not knowing how and where OSC stores the cart info at any particular time - db and/or session vars).

3 However, if that user then goes an adds something to the basket it will work again as in step 1, and then if they try again it will fail as in step 2......

Any ideas? Maybe its only a problem with the stimulator server? (can always hope!)

andyshep - if it suddnely happened without any changes i wonder if your host changed something? Try switching on debug in the module settings and doing a test transaction - what does it display?

dcstudio - not sure what's happening there but it must be due to the other contribs you have installed. If you set the debug mode to true in the protx module you should see the string that is POSTed to protx which should have the basket details (if enabled). The protx basket data is populated from the osc cart class using $cart->get_products() and $cart->attributes_price(product_id). If the class has been modified it may affect the module picking up the correct data but this is only used for infomration purposes in protx admin area and should affect anything else. It does sound like there may be session issues but i don't believe it's directly due the protx module as this correctly handles sessions in a standard osc store.

Tom

dcstudio - not sure what's happening there but it must be due to the other contribs you have installed. If you set the debug mode to true in the protx module you should see the string that is POSTed to protx which should have the basket details (if enabled). The protx basket data is populated from the osc cart class using $cart->get_products() and $cart->attributes_price(product_id). If the class has been modified it may affect the module picking up the correct data but this is only used for infomration purposes in protx admin area and should affect anything else. It does sound like there may be session issues but i don't believe it's directly due the protx module as this correctly handles sessions in a standard osc store.

Hi Tom,

The string which is posted to protx is absolutely ok IF it gets the cart contents from

$products_array[] = array('id' => $products_id,
                                   'name' => $products['products_name'],
                                   'model' => $products['products_model'],
                                   'image' => $products['products_image'],
                                   'price' => $products_price,
                                   'quantity' => $this->contents[$products_id]['qty'],
                                   'weight' => $products['products_weight'],
                                   'final_price' => ($products_price + $this->attributes_price($products_id)),
                                   'tax_class_id' => $products['products_tax_class_id'],
                                   // OTF contrib begins
                                   //'attributes' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''));
                                   'attributes' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''),
                                   'attributes_values' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes_values']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes_values'] : ''));
                                   // OTF contrib ends

}

I set up a duplicate shop on another server (same files and same db data) and it seems to work properly... so I guess the problem is php/mysql related :(

The differences are:

Server 1 (live shop - managed server)

php - 4.2.2

mysql - 3.23.52

ssl - yes

protex link - live transactions

Server 2 (test server - shared hosting with 1and1)

php - 4.4.7

mysql - 4.0.25

ssl - no

protex link - test server (not simulator)

Chaman

andyshep - if it suddnely happened without any changes i wonder if your host changed something? Try switching on debug in the module settings and doing a test transaction - what does it display?

Protx response=

curl_error= libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not supported!

will contact host about this,

andy

dcstudio - I'm not sure of all the differences between the versions of php/mysql to know why it isn't working on the older version but you have solved your problem -> use a more recent version of php/mysql

andyshep - thanks for letting us know the root of your problem.

Tom

Hi there, wonder fi you can help, Ive installed the protx 4.4 add on you posted, all works untill i press check out, and i get:

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-a-shop-73 like 'orders'' at line 1

SHOW TABLE STATUS from web87-a-shop-73 like 'orders'

[TEP STOP]"

Which isnt helpfull in anyway, may as well blow a rastberry at me :blink:

Any ideas?

try editing protx_process.php. find (approx line 204):

$last_order_id_query = tep_db_query("SHOW TABLE STATUS from " . DB_DATABASE . " like '" . TABLE_ORDERS . "'");

and change to:

$last_order_id_query = tep_db_query("SHOW TABLE STATUS from `" . DB_DATABASE . "` like '" . TABLE_ORDERS . "'");

If that doesn't work then find (~line 28):

$use_more_accurate_order_id = true;  // May not work for everyone (depending upon database permission
								 // Set to false to use less accurate method

and change the true to false (no quotes)

Tom

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this. Is this the official support thread for Protx Direct?

Protx Direct v 4.2 (I think) was working fine but for various reasons we had to upgrade to php5. Now it doesn't work at all!

What happens is that after the customer has filled in all the card details and confirmed, what they see is https://www.domainname.co.uk/catalog/protx_process.php? action=process&info_message=

Your%20card%20is%20being%20authenticated%20by%20the%20issuing%20bank

(all on one string - I split it to make appear here) in the browser's address bar, but nothing shows in the browser window. Makes no difference if I switch on debug mode.

I tried removing v4.2 and installing v4.4 of the contrib, but that did no good.

I tried asking Protx for help, but of course now they're owned by Sage, so that was a complete waste of time. They did say that a new set of reference templates were coming out in November though.

For now we're using Protx Forms, but that's not ideal.

Any suggestions?

I don't think it is directly related to the php version - I haved tested it on php 5.2.2 without any problems so I think it must be a server config issue if you have not changed your files in any way.

Can you check the "server info" in the admin area and look for a "cURL" entry to ensure it is installed, does you host now require a SSL proxy for curl (such as godaddy does)?

Tom

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but its driving me crazy and no matter what I try, it wont work, it just keeps coming up all weird like.

Whenever I try to run the "server IP test" payment thing, it comes up with

The Request.Form Collection

VPSProtocol = 2.22
Basket = 2:Plastic Weld - 57ml:2:2.60:0.00:2.60:5.20:Shipping:1:2.95:----:2.95:2.95
TxType = PREAUTH
ClientIPAddress = ---------
Vendor = -------
VendorTxCode = 6469159680623523
CardHolder = Test Account
BillingPostCode = FY6 7LF
Amount = 8.15
Description = Order Number: 1
CV2 = 666
DeliveryAddress = ---------
DeliveryPostCode = ---------
Currency = GBP
StartDate = 0406
ExpiryDate = 0411
IssueNumber = 1
CardNumber = 6334900000000005
CardType = SOLO
BillingAddress = --------
ContactNumber = --------
CustomerEMail = ---------

The Request.QueryString Collection

The Request.ServerVariables Collection

ALL_HTTP = HTTP_PRAGMA:no-cache HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH:698 HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE:application/x-www-form-urlencoded HTTP_ACCEPT:*/* HTTP_HOST:ukvpstest.protx.com 
ALL_RAW = Pragma: no-cache Content-Length: 698 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Accept: */* Host: ukvpstest.protx.com 
APPL_MD_PATH = /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/SHOWPOST
APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH = D:\ShowPost\
AUTH_PASSWORD = 
AUTH_TYPE = 
AUTH_USER = 
CERT_COOKIE = 
CERT_FLAGS = 
CERT_ISSUER = 
CERT_KEYSIZE = 128
CERT_SECRETKEYSIZE = 1024
CERT_SERIALNUMBER = 
CERT_SERVER_ISSUER = O=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="VeriSign, Inc.", OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.©97 VeriSign
CERT_SERVER_SUBJECT = C=GB, S=London, L=London, O=PROTX Ltd., OU=Service Department, OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa ©05, OU=Authenticated by VeriSign, OU="Member, VeriSign Trust Network", CN=ukvpstest.protx.com
CERT_SUBJECT = 
CONTENT_LENGTH = 698
CONTENT_TYPE = application/x-www-form-urlencoded
GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
HTTPS = on
HTTPS_KEYSIZE = 128
HTTPS_SECRETKEYSIZE = 1024
HTTPS_SERVER_ISSUER = O=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="VeriSign, Inc.", OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.©97 VeriSign
HTTPS_SERVER_SUBJECT = C=GB, S=London, L=London, O=PROTX Ltd., OU=Service Department, OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa ©05, OU=Authenticated by VeriSign, OU="Member, VeriSign Trust Network", CN=ukvpstest.protx.com
INSTANCE_ID = 1
INSTANCE_META_PATH = /LM/W3SVC/1
LOCAL_ADDR = 10.1.1.2
LOGON_USER = 
PATH_INFO = /showpost/showpost.asp
PATH_TRANSLATED = D:\ShowPost\showpost.asp
QUERY_STRING = 
REMOTE_ADDR = 82.110.105.90
REMOTE_HOST = 82.110.105.90
REMOTE_USER = 
REQUEST_METHOD = POST
SCRIPT_NAME = /showpost/showpost.asp
SERVER_NAME = ukvpstest.protx.com
SERVER_PORT = 443
SERVER_PORT_SECURE = 1
SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SOFTWARE = Microsoft-IIS/6.0
URL = /showpost/showpost.asp
HTTP_PRAGMA = no-cache
HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH = 698
HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE = application/x-www-form-urlencoded
HTTP_ACCEPT = */*
HTTP_HOST = ukvpstest.protx.com

(Note - All of the blanked out information is filled in, but due to the sensitivity of client information this has had to be deleted)

I'm just wondering how I can get past this because it's becoming rather irritating now and I've been trying to sort it for a couple days but to no avail.

Please can somebody explain what I'm doing wrong, this is the first time I've tried to use Protx Direct as a payment method so I'm not too sure about it.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup: , if you need any more information at all, please just tell me what and I'll get it for you.

Mark

Well, there's no mention of cURL there, but this is what's on the system:

# curl --version

curl 7.15.5 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8c zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps

Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Yes, it has to be a server config issue, but what could it be? It happened when we moved to php5 but that may be coincidence. Other modues were upgraded as well.

Quantrum - what you have copied is correct - that is what should appear when it is set to "Server IP Test". What you need to do is add the IP shown (REMOTE_HOST) to the Protx admin areas. This needs doing 3 times - once each for the Simulator, test and live accounts. Then change the settings in your osC admin to "Simulator" or "test" and then try a few transactions.

Hairydog - if curl is not mentioned at all on the "Server Info" page (which is a phpinfo() ) then that means that PHP has been built on the server without curl support - curl is obviously setup on the server as an external program but the support modules not installed in PHP - hence why it coincides with the server upgrade - I would speak to your hosting compnay and see if it was an oversight and can be sorted or if there is a specific reason why it was not included in the build.

Tom

I would speak to your hosting company and see if it was an oversight and can be sorted or if there is a specific reason why it was not included in the build.

No, that's down to me: my server. I must have messed up somewhere. How do I fix this, I wonder? ... Sorted! Thanks very much.

Edited by hairydog