• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

Your card processor can ask you to complete a self-certification questionnaire (I haven't seen one so not sure exactly what they ask - my bank hasn't asked for one in the 3 yrs been with them) but as you say card details are transmitted encrypted to the protx servers only, there is no data storage the area where the pci cert self-assessment would be concerning your site security - i.e that it isn't possible for someone to hack some code into your files to send card details to them.

The specific requirements can be found at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/tech/d...the_pci_dss.htm

and http://pcianswers.com/ has some more friendly info.

Tom

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get your Internet Merchant ID from Barclays Bank then it's likely that the server your site is on will have to pass a PCI Security Scan, which you have to pay for - even if you don't store card details on your site. Barclays are now requiring this of customers with Internet Merchant ID's.

Vger

I would advise to use the lastest version, if you are having problems it is sometimes necessary to tweak some settings depending on the hosting - please set debug to true and server to test then do a test transaction. Please then post the resulting strings here and I'll help out.

Tom

I would advise to use the lastest version, if you are having problems it is sometimes necessary to tweak some settings depending on the hosting - please set debug to true and server to test then do a test transaction. Please then post the resulting strings here and I'll help out.

Tom

Done this and couldn't see any resulting strings !! Is v4.4 the lastest one ?

yes it's the latest one. if you are not seeing anything (i.e. just blank screen after confirming order) then the issue is definately local - you should see at least 1 string.

Please post an example of the url you get for the blank page (you can obscure the domain), is your hosting with goDaddy?

Tom

yes it's the latest one. if you are not seeing anything (i.e. just blank screen after confirming order) then the issue is definately local - you should see at least 1 string.

Please post an example of the url you get for the blank page (you can obscure the domain), is your hosting with goDaddy?

Tom

At the moment, it is www.myshop.co.uk/oscommerce/index.php .. once done with payment etc and it direct back to www.myshop.co.uk (note: it doesn't go to index.php on oscommerce folder which is my test folder)

Checked with protx and could see that payment etc is empty.

I'm not with goDaddy, I'm with register1.net.

Can you just confirm exactly what is happening?

You select Protx Direct as payment method, etner test card details then click continue, the order confirmation screen appears, you click confirm then what happens? Do you get returned to your directly to your index page? or do you get a blank page?

I'm not quite clear what's happenign at the moment - do you perhaps have a test site where I could see myself?

Tom

Can you just confirm exactly what is happening?

You select Protx Direct as payment method, etner test card details then click continue, the order confirmation screen appears, you click confirm then what happens? Do you get returned to your directly to your index page? or do you get a blank page?

I'm not quite clear what's happenign at the moment - do you perhaps have a test site where I could see myself?

Tom

Returned to www.myshop.co.uk which currently saying "Shop coming soon" not on osCommerce page (maybe moving the www.myshop.co.uk/oscommerce/index.php to www.myshop.co.uk/index.php will do the job ?? ) Email me if you want have look at the site.

Looking at your site the module has not been installed correctly - I can see for a start that the language defines are missing. It then tries to redirect to protx_process.php but displays the index page (despite the correct url), suggesting further that it is not fully installed.

Please reinstall making sure you follow the enclosed install.txt file carefully then try again.

Tom

Looking at your site the module has not been installed correctly - I can see for a start that the language defines are missing. It then tries to redirect to protx_process.php but displays the index page (despite the correct url), suggesting further that it is not fully installed.

Please reinstall making sure you follow the enclosed install.txt file carefully then try again.

Tom

Will have to look into this later and keep you informed.

Your card processor can ask you to complete a self-certification questionnaire (I haven't seen one so not sure exactly what they ask - my bank hasn't asked for one in the 3 yrs been with them) but as you say card details are transmitted encrypted to the protx servers only, there is no data storage the area where the pci cert self-assessment would be concerning your site security - i.e that it isn't possible for someone to hack some code into your files to send card details to them.

Tom

If you get your Internet Merchant ID from Barclays Bank then it's likely that the server your site is on will have to pass a PCI Security Scan, which you have to pay for - even if you don't store card details on your site. Barclays are now requiring this of customers with Internet Merchant ID's.

Vger

Vger/Tom,

Thanks for your replys.

Am going forward with a Streamline/Protx VSP Direct solution.

Have also discovered that if you are a member of the Federations of small businesses the set up at streamline is free (takes the pain out of a separate merchant account for virtual terminal)

The processing rates for streamline with Federation of Small business membership are

1.98% - Mastercard

1.95% - Visa

30.5p per Maestro Cards transaction

£130 membership to FOSM, think I will join

I will like to remove the underscore in between those text as shown below

2260224504_b08b85ddcd_o.jpg

I have tried removing those in one of the file and upload it to the server, it goes blank (I mean the whole page goes blank !!)

Also I have already uploaded the CVS help page but couldn't see any pop up click next to it

I'm not sure how you got those field names - they are not coming from the protx module. The field names are defined in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/protx_direct.php

You are not seeing the popup link for the cvv help because the link is contained in the define for the field name and you have some different labels appearring from somewhere.

Tom

I'm not sure how you got those field names - they are not coming from the protx module. The field names are defined in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/protx_direct.php

You are not seeing the popup link for the cvv help because the link is contained in the define for the field name and you have some different labels appearring from somewhere.

Tom

That is strange as I only selected "MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_TITLE" in the payment module. I can't see what went wrong.

The processing rates for streamline with Federation of Small business membership are

1.98% - Mastercard

1.95% - Visa

30.5p per Maestro Cards transaction

£130 membership to FOSM, think I will join

Are those the total charges, or are they just for the processing? If the former, they're not bad. We have clients who pay under 1.75%, no annual fees and no setup (as far as I remember) but they have to pay Protx fees on top.

Do you also have to pay for a terminal, or can you use the Protx virtual terminal? Being able to take phone payments is what makes this worthwhile, or I'd suggest Google Checkout, because it is so much cheaper and less hassle to get set up.

Hi

Yesterday we moved our oscommerce site to new servers running PHP 5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0.45

I have been running an V3.C of the protx Direct module and it has been working fine.

After I moved the site, I did run into a small problem, which actually seems due to a edit that I made to the Protx_Process code. I made changes to the Random Number generation of the vendor TX code because we had been getting lots of duplicate TXCodes generated.

The code I changed it to is as follows:

$timestamp = time();

$uid = tep_create_random_value(4, 'digits');

$uid = $uid . $timestamp;

$VendorTxCode = substr($uid, -16);

The original code for this section was:

$uid = tep_create_random_value(16, 'digits');

$VendorTxCode = $uid;

Basically my version of TXcode generation produces an error in protx because no TXCode is apparently generated.

Therefore, my first question is, does anyone know why my code does now not work since we moved to PHP 5.2.5?

Secondly, I will upgrade to the latest version of Protx Direct in the next few weeks.

Can somebody recommend which version I should Install? Which version is the most stable with no problems?? Is it compatible with the Ultimate SEO URLs also?

Many Thanks to you all, and especially to Tom, who has always been helpful when I have had a problem with his module, although to be honest, problems with it are rare.

Regards

Neil

I think the reason the code isn't working is because you are taking a 4 character string ($uid), concancating a 10 digit number ($timestamp) then using substr with a start parameter of -16. You are giving substr a 14 character string and saying "please return a string, starting from the 16th character from the end" - this doesn't exist - I'm guessing there's are differnce between php4 and php5 in that php4 just returned what it could but php5 is more strict and returns nothing.

I would recommend upgrading to the lastest version of the module (v4.4) - firstly it generates better VendorTxCode - using the order number and a random 32 digit string. There are also numerous improvements to the module (as listed in the readme.txt) as well as support for authorise/authenticate, improved 3D-secure handling, new protx URLs etc

Tom

I think the reason the code isn't working is because you are taking a 4 character string ($uid), concancating a 10 digit number ($timestamp) then using substr with a start parameter of -16. You are giving substr a 14 character string and saying "please return a string, starting from the 16th character from the end" - this doesn't exist - I'm guessing there's are differnce between php4 and php5 in that php4 just returned what it could but php5 is more strict and returns nothing.

I would recommend upgrading to the lastest version of the module (v4.4) - firstly it generates better VendorTxCode - using the order number and a random 32 digit string. There are also numerous improvements to the module (as listed in the readme.txt) as well as support for authorise/authenticate, improved 3D-secure handling, new protx URLs etc

Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom.

I think I might as well just upgrade, as you suggest. I'll let you know if I have any problems, but I doubt I will encounter any.

Thanks again!

Neil

Hi,

Not sure if I should start a new topic or not.........but here goes.

I am currently using Protx Direct v4.4 with no problems what so ever on website www.young-jedi.com/catalog

Please could someone advise me how install a duplicate version of this payment module so that it can be set to only accept Debit Cards for the processing of monthly recurring payments.

Thanks in advance.

Clive

That is possible but you would need to create duplicates of protx_process.php and inclues/modules/payment/protx_direct.php

You could also need to be sure to set the payment type to 'C' (continuous authority).

Tom

I have two problems:

1) I am running a UK store but have to have my protx settings as - Payment Zone = None, if I change to UK Protx disappears

2) When I create an invoice via the admin - I can't make a protx payment I always get this error:

Payment Failed: Your credit card could not be authorised. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance. (4009 : The Amount is outside the allowed range. The value was 0.00.)

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

1) Do you use customer 'states' (i.e My Store-> Customer Details -> State -> true) - if not unfortunately the zones feature won't work (it's the way osC is coded).

2) This is obviously a contribution that you are using to create an invoice / take payment - the problem will be the way it is coded - I can't really comment as to why it doesn't work without knowing more about the contrib.

Tom

1) Do you use customer 'states' (i.e My Store-> Customer Details -> State -> true) - if not unfortunately the zones feature won't work (it's the way osC is coded).

2) This is obviously a contribution that you are using to create an invoice / take payment - the problem will be the way it is coded - I can't really comment as to why it doesn't work without knowing more about the contrib.

Tom

1) I wasn't using customer stats - I've now switched that on - thanks

2) I used Manual Order Editor: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...al+order+editor

Is there a different one I should be using? I need to be able to create orders from admin to cater for telephone orders. I will happily uninstall this and try another - I really need to get this working in order to go live.

I have a third problem in that the protx status lights don't appear to be working, I get the table headers displayed but thats all.

Thanks

The order editor has no direct way of making payments and needs to be customised to take manual protx payments - I recall now sending you a customisation that I did for a site that was heavily customised - hence why it probably doesn't work. Just looking at the code again try the following:

Edit admin/includes/classes/order.php:

$totals_query = tep_db_query("select title, text from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' order by sort_order");
  while ($totals = tep_db_fetch_array($totals_query)) {
	$this->totals[] = array('title' => $totals['title'],
							'text' => $totals['text']);
  }

change to:

$totals_query = tep_db_query("select title, text, class, value from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' order by sort_order");
  while ($totals = tep_db_fetch_array($totals_query)) {
	$this->totals[] = array('title' => $totals['title'],
							'text' => $totals['text'],
							'class' => $totals['class'],
							'value' => $totals['value']);
  }

The status lights is not a mod I created/support so I'm not sure why it's not working - If you replace the admin/orders_protx.php with the original from the protx 4.4 zip do you get the fields displayed?

Tom