• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

Hi again Tom

Once again many thanks for the outstanding work you have been doing on this, my shop with ver 4.3 has been absolutely fine but now we have had this email from Protx saying they are upgrading their server

At 6am UK time on Wednesday 1st August, the new version of the Protx VSP Payment system will be launched on the Live environment.

Well I have set up a copy of my shop and tried some test transactions on the test server and with Send Shopping Cart "True" got this error on OSC (With Send Shopping Cart "False" no problem)

Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us

So logged into protx test server and the error for those transactions is

INVALID - 3021 : The Basket format is invalid. The value was 2:48in. Beech Flatpack Melamime Vivarium:1:91.91:16.08:107.99:107.99:Shipping:1::----::.

From reading earlier posts I guess this is because there was no shipping cost on that order (customer collection) because it works OK if shipping is charged.

The thing that worries me though is no shipping charge and Send Shopping Cart "True" works fine on my live shop with the live Protx server so is this going to break it when they change over to the new system on 1st August?

Also they have a list of the new URL's

The addresses to which you should send your transaction requests are different in the new system.

We will set up automatic forwarders from the old style URLs to the new when the system is uploaded to live, so if you are unable to make the changes prior to 1st August, your transactions will still be registered correctly with the new system.

Best wishes

Steve

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is probably the zero shipping - you can try changing the code using my post a few pages back. I have incorporated this into an update I'll post shortly (along with a few other things).

There is no immediate need to change the URLs - Protx will accept either new or old for some time yet but the update will have the new urls.

Actually we had to deal with this problem with version 3.0c, for a customer who supllies only downloads (no Shipping details sent to Protx). We used the code posted by Tom a few pages back, but we also had to do this (checks to see if delivery fields are empty and if so excludes them from what is sent). In v3.0c lines 106-115 in protx_process.php change to this:

// We only include delivery address details if the fields are not empty
	$delivery_add = !empty($order->delivery['street_address']) ? $order->delivery['street_address'] : '';
			if (ACCOUNT_SUBURB == 'true') {
	  $delivery_add .= !empty($order->delivery['suburb']) ? ",\r\n" . $order->delivery['suburb'] : '';
	}
	$delivery_add .= !empty($order->delivery['city']) ? ",\r\n" . $order->delivery['city'] : '';
	if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {
	  $delivery_add .= !empty($order->delivery['state']) ? ",\r\n" . $order->delivery['state'] : '';
	}
	$delivery_add .= !empty($order->delivery['country']['title']) ? ",\r\n" . $order->delivery['country']['title'] : '';

This was supplied by Terra who updates the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN, and it is working for us on a live customer site.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Just testing this version in preparation for August.

All seems to work EXCEPT that I get a failure for international Maestro.

Response array=Array
(
[VPSProtocol] => 2.22
[Status] => INVALID
[StatusDetail] => 3069 : The PaymentSystem is not supported on the account. The following values were used, cardtype was SWITCH, accounttype was E, currency was GBP, vendor was MYVENDOR.
)

Wonder why it shows at not supported?

Or perhaps I'm missunderstanding ..

True - with 3D-Secure

Does this allow me to do either or is it saying "ONLY 3D secure".

Edited by Babygurgles

International Maestro cards will only be processed using 3D Secure.

Vger

thanks for replying Vger

But i'm using the test international maestro

International Maestro MAESTRO 3000000000000004 n/a

Also re: UPGRADE

These are all minor issues that are dead simple to identify. But thinking of the "code challenged"

tep_create_random_value was missing from the upgrade instructions

In the dB I still had vendortxcode as (int) but the upgrade didn't try to alter it. There was one other changed DB value but I didn't record it.

I'm using a heavily modified version of CRE-Loaded6_v6.1. I got the email below today. I am a complete noob; can anybody help me carry out the upgrade. I am happy to pay for a quick and efficient job.

Thanks,

Taff

I am pleased to confirm that your Protx Vendor account '**********', has now been setup for use with 3D Secure with MasterCard and Visa. We would appreciate it if you have any feedback about the 3D Secure service. Please e-mail [email protected]

Important: Please remember that your website will need to be using VSP Protocol 2.22 if you wish to use 3D Secure. If your site is using any other protocol, your 3D Secure transactions will not work correctly. If you are using shopping cart software, you will need to speak to your shopping cart software provider to ensure that your site is setup to use VPS Protocol 2.22.

If you require our Integration guides, please visit the following page on our website:

http://www.protx.com/support/04_downloads.asp

Please note, it is suggested that you download both the Integration kit and the Guide on this page.

To fully activate 3D Secure on your account, you will need to switch on 3D Secure in your VSP Admin screens. To do this, please follow the instructions below:

1. Login to your VSP Admin area using a user account which has Administrator privileges.

2. Go to the Administration --> Account Parameters section.

3. Click the green Turn On button under the 3D Secure Fraud Checking Options section at the top of the page

You will notice that you can setup 3D Secure rules on your account when you have 3D Secure turned on. These rules allow you to handle the 3D Secure response in different ways. Please see the below links for more information on the rule bases you can administer;

http://techsupport.protx.com/threedsecure.asp

NB: Please be aware that 'Repeat' transactions are not covered by 3DSecure. Payments, Deferred and PreAuth transactions are covered as they are passed to Visa or Mastercard for the Customer to be authenticated, but any subsequent Repeat transactions are not as the customer is not involved in the Repeat process and therefore cannot enter their authentication data and therefore cannot be authenticated by Visa or MasterCard.

We hope you find this service useful. Please don't hesitate to contact our support team should you require any further assistance.

@babygurgles - the tep_create_random_value is included in the main install instruction but not the upgrade part - it depends from which ver you are updrading if it's been added already but point noted. The error you are seeing occurs if a particular card type is note setup on your account - in this has internation maestro - you need to email [email protected] to have it added.

@taffy - sorry I can only support oscommerce here - I believe there is a protx direct module made for CRE on their site - I suggest looking there.

Tom

v 4.3

I'm also noticing in the test environment that if I force errors by doing one of the following: -

Mastercard + visa number

Visa card + mastercard number

The error shown to the customer should be ..

4022 : The Card Type selected does not match card number., The Card Type selected does not match card number.

But it's showing ..

Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us.

Obviously this is bad as it suggests wrongly that my site is broken as opposed to pointing out to the customer their mistake.

Thanks - that's something that I'm aware of and have sorted out - I'll try and post it up (with a collection of other minor adjustments as per previous posts) in the day or two.

Tom

Thanks - that's something that I'm aware of and have sorted out - I'll try and post it up (with a collection of other minor adjustments as per previous posts) in the day or two.

Tom

Hi Tom

I do realise that you are "as always" doing your level best, I am just posting my findings as I go along testing in case I find something that may help improve it.

I do hope you are not taking my comments as criticisms.

Quick question: -

I just tried using: -

$statustext = str_replace(':', '', strstr($responses['StatusDetail'], ':'));

below the 2 $data = Array() arrays and replacing the text defines with $statustext.

Any reason why this wouldn't work? (Excepting the fact that some of the PROTX replies are bad text)

I had an email from protx re some changes and 3D secure from August 1st , i've done the 3D secure bit but do i have to change anything re the urls below using direct ?

New Live Site Payment System URLs

The addresses to which you should send your transaction requests are different in the new system.

We will set up automatic forwarders from the old style URLs to the new when the system is uploaded to live, so if you are unable to make the changes prior to 1st August, your transactions will still be registered correctly with the new system.

We have forwarders in place in the live environment already, which forward the new style URLs to the old system, so you can change your addresses as soon as you are ready.

After the 1st August, using the URLs below will avoid the overhead of the extra internal forwarding POST and hence speed up your transaction processing. We recommend you change the URLs in your scripts at your earliest convenience.

The table below shows the old style URL and the equivalent new address at which to direct your scripts.

These URLs all begin with https://ukvps.protx.com

After that is a list of old and new URL's ???????

Edited by andytc

I had an email from protx re some changes and 3D secure from August 1st , i've done the 3D secure bit but do i have to change anything re the urls below using direct ?

New Live Site Payment System URLs

We have forwarders in place in the live environment already, which forward the new style URLs to the old system, so you can change your addresses as soon as you are ready.

After the 1st August, using the URLs below will avoid the overhead of the extra internal forwarding POST and hence speed up your transaction processing. We recommend you change the URLs in your scripts at your earliest convenience.

The table below shows the old style URL and the equivalent new address at which to direct your scripts.

These URLs all begin with https://ukvps.protx.com

After that is a list of old and new URL's ???????

From what I have read on this page, Tom will be sorting out another update with the new URL's soon.

The old URL's will work fine for now as PROTX have forwraders set up.

could somebody tell me what code i need to remove so that in admin i can not void/refund/repeat. i don't think this is safe for me.

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong but it would seem to be ..

catalog>admin>orders_protx.php

FIND

} elseif ($transaction['txtype'] == 'PAYMENT') {
 echo '<td align="center"><a href="'.tep_href_link('orders_protx.php','process=void&id='.$transaction['id']).'&oID='.$oID.'" style="text-decoration:underline">Void</a> / <a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'refund\', '.$transaction['value'].', '.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Refund</a> / <a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'repeat\', '.$transaction['value'].','.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Repeat</a></td>';

REPLACE WITH

//echo '<td align="center"><a href="'.tep_href_link('orders_protx.php','process=void&id='.$transaction['id']).'&oID='.$oID.'" style="text-decoration:underline">Void</a> / <a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'refund\', '.$transaction['value'].', '.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Refund</a> / <a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'repeat\', '.$transaction['value'].','.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Repeat</a></td>';
 echo '<td align="center">Void Refund Repeat removed</td>';

Edited by Babygurgles

@taffy - sorry I can only support oscommerce here - I believe there is a protx direct module made for CRE on their site - I suggest looking there.

Tom, I'm a complete newbie. Are you telling me the module here will not work with cre-loaded - it's the same oscommerce software with a bit added on isn't it??

@andytc - as above Protx have forwarders in place so you can use either the new or old urls for the time being.

@babygurgles - I don't take the comments as criticisms at all - I am grateful for any feedback to improve the module. In the next update I was planning to use something like (following some feedback from kdenby):

case "INVALID":
		tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=protx_direct&error=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_PROTX_INVALID . ' - ' . $responses['StatusDetail']), 'SSL', true, false));
	  break;

so that there's a combination of a friendly message plus Protx's response so there's more information.

@blagger - as babygurgles has suggested just comment out the relevent section, i.e.

if ($transaction['txtype'] == 'DEFERRED') {
 echo '<td align="center"><a href="'.tep_href_link('orders_protx.php','process=abort&id='.$tid).'&oID='.$oID.'" style="text-decoration:underline">Abort</a> / <a href="'.tep_href_link('orders_protx.php','process=release&id='.$tid).'&oID='.$oID.'" style="text-decoration:underline">Release</a></td>';
} elseif ($transaction['txtype'] == 'RELEASE') {
 echo '<td align="center"><a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'refund\', '.$transaction['value'].','.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Refund</a> / <a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'repeat\', '.$transaction['value'].','.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Repeat</a></td>';
 echo '<td align="center"><a href="'.tep_href_link('orders_protx.php','process=void&id='.$transaction['id']).'&oID='.$oID.'" style="text-decoration:underline">Void</a> / <a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'refund\', '.$transaction['value'].', '.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Refund</a> / <a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'repeat\', '.$transaction['value'].','.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Repeat</a></td>';
} elseif (($transaction['txtype'] == 'AUTHENTICATE') && (($transaction['status'] == 'REGISTERED') || ($transaction['status'] == 'AUTHENTICATED'))) {  
 echo '<td align="center"><a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'authorise\', '.$transaction['value'].','.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Authorise</a> / <a href="'.tep_href_link('orders_protx.php','process=cancel&id='.$transaction['id']).'&oID='.$oID.'" style="text-decoration:underline">Cancel</a></td>';
} elseif ($transaction['txtype'] == 'AUTHORISE') {
 echo '<td align="center"><a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'repeat\', '.$transaction['value'].', '.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Repeat</a></td>';
} elseif ($transaction['txtype'] == 'REPEAT') {
 echo '<td align="center"><a href="java script:disp_prompt(\'refund\', '.$transaction['value'].', '.$tid.');" style="text-decoration:underline">Refund</a></td>';
} else {
 echo '<td align="center"> </td>';
}

(place /* at the start and */ at the end)

Tom

Just a note to anyone having problems this morning after the Protx Server upgrades:

Protx are having some serious issues with the new upgrade causing timeouts in particular - many people are not getting any transactions through at all or are having them registered at Protx end but receiving a blank response from the server (which shows as a "technical error" in osC).

Please check http://www.protx.com/monitorvsp.asp for the latest status updates.

Tom

Just a note to anyone having problems this morning after the Protx Server upgrades:

Protx are having some serious issues with the new upgrade causing timeouts in particular - many people are not getting any transactions through at all or are having them registered at Protx end but receiving a blank response from the server (which shows as a "technical error" in osC).

Please check http://www.protx.com/monitorvsp.asp for the latest status updates.

Tom

Thanks for the link; http://www.protx.com/monitorvsp.asp I had lost that and had been hanging on the phone for the last 2hours! Oh well, switch paypal back on. Can't you go and sort out PROTX Tom? you have done a quality job on the OSCOmmerce side !

good morning

I am running a store using v3.1 and am in the process of upgrading to v4.3

Do I have to run the upgrade.sql part of the module ?

My tests last night failed but I couldn't see any specific error response ... but in admin->orders my order displayed "You have sent an uncrecognised values in the TxType field. " in the Status Detail field.

Does this indicate that the upgrade.sql is necessary or have I done something else wrong ?

It doesn't help matter that Protx appears to have broken down this morning.

Many Thanks

John Keiller

This is just poor on the part of Protx. They've screwed up a few times recently, and now they've done it again.

There's no excuse for a big operator like them not testing out the new system thoroughly before switching it Live. And obviously they didn't test it thoroughly or else it would be working now.

Vger

I have gone through everything to make sure I did everything as I should.

Payment process works : 3D secure loads into the iFrame but when I submit my password I get returned to checkout_payment.php with the message

"Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us"

Is this still down to protx?

I've been calm up to now ... but I'm beginning to panic.

cheers

John keiller

There's no way at the moment to tell what is happening with particular sites - not until Protx get things sorted out at their end.

If you still have problems when Protx is fully working then post back.

You can go to the Protx Support Forums for feedback on the current state of play.

https://support.protx.com/forum/Default.aspx

Vger