• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

I have just uploaded an update to the module. This combines Vger's changes and also updates the module to Protx's protocol v2.22. This will allow easier integration of 3D-Secure when it is launched (I'm told April 2006 by PRotx).

I also found there were problems with the module correctly storing the customer_id & order_id in the protx_direct table that I've fixed - I plan to use this to build in functions to release/repeat/refund payments etc via osCommerce admin.

Any probs let me know,

Tom

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. That was only for an early version of Protx.

Vger

mmm <_< , I'm getting nothing at the 'checkout_process.php' screen. All inputs work fine until you confirm order, then just a blank screen. No errors in apache logs etc.. I've got my servers IP on protx site aswell.

Admin side, tried all modes (test>prod) etc. I've not modded our site for a long while, but am wondering if that may be the cause?

Any ideas ?

Many Thanks

I'm Having a similar problem, All inputs work fine until you confirm order then I get sent back to the start of the order process with no error message.

Whe I switch debug on I get the following string: (I have replaced some code to protect the innocent!)

VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=replacedactualvendorname&Vendor

TxCode=replacedactualvendorcode&Amount=181.03&Currency=GBP&Description=product

&CardHolder=J+Bloggs&CardNumber=4929000000006&StartDate=0102&ExpiryDate=0108

&IssueNumber=&CV2=111&CardType=Visa&CustomerEMail=jbloggs%40email.com

&ContactNumber=1234+1234&BillingAddress=28+Big+Road&BillingPostCode=BR4+3TJ

&DeliveryAddress=28+Big+Road&DeliveryPostCode=BR4+3TJ&CAVV=&XID=&ECI=

&ClientIPAddress=192.168.0.50&3DSecureStatus=

Is the string supposed to end with SecureStatus= or is there an error?

I am using Test mode, the IP adress of the servers are on the protx server and I have a SSL connection. Nothing is showing up in the Protx admin site.

Anyone Know what's up?

Thanks

Firstly I've just uploaded an amended package as the previous had the file include/languages/english/cvs_help.php missing.

This missing file shouldn't have caused the problems that Guyver & jdenkaat are having.

I've got this module install on a live site with 'Cheque' as the only other payment module. I can confirm that it does works successfull but obviously for you both there's something else going on.

jdenkaat - the debug string posted looks fine - the CAVV, EIC, XID & 3DSecureStatus variables are all empty at the moment until Protx impement 3D Secure (around April), however you should have more fields, I get:

VPSProtocol=2.22 VPSTxId={********-****-****-****-************} Status=NOTAUTHED StatusDetail=Authorisation declined by bank. - Message : DECLINED TxAuthNo= SecurityKey= AVSCV2=ADDRESS MATCH ONLY AddressResult=MATCHED PostCodeResult=MATCHED CV2Result=NOTMATCHED VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=DEFERRED&Vendor=*********&VendorTxCode=****************&Amount=8.98&Currency=GBP

&Description=**************&CardHolder=Thomas+Hodges-Hoyland&CardNumber=****************&StartDate=0102

&ExpiryDate=0308&IssueNumber=&CV2=***&CardType=MC&CustomerEMail=********%40yahoo.com&ContactNumber=****+***+****

&BillingAddress=**********&BillingPostCode=***+***&DeliveryAddress=************&DeliveryPostCode=***+***&CAVV=&XID=&ECI=

&ClientIPAddress=**.**.***.***&3DSecureStatus=

As you can see this includes the reply from Protx's servers.

Do you have cURL installed on your server (look in Server Info in admin)?

Does anything show in Protx admin if you select 'Failed' and 'Invalid' Transactions?

What other payment modules do you have installed?

Tom.

Firstly I've just uploaded an amended package as the previous had the file include/languages/english/cvs_help.php missing.

This missing file shouldn't have caused the problems that Guyver & jdenkaat are having.

I've got this module install on a live site with 'Cheque' as the only other payment module. I can confirm that it does works successfull but obviously for you both there's something else going on.

jdenkaat - the debug string posted looks fine - the CAVV, EIC, XID & 3DSecureStatus variables are all empty at the moment until Protx impement 3D Secure (around April), however you should have more fields, I get:

As you can see this includes the reply from Protx's servers.

Do you have cURL installed on your server (look in Server Info in admin)?

Does anything show in Protx admin if you select 'Failed' and 'Invalid' Transactions?

What other payment modules do you have installed?

Tom.

Tom,

I have got the system working at it did appear to be a problem with curl.

Curl was installed correctly and I am using a windows server with iis, See Here on how to set curl up. But I was not getting anything on the protx server!

To get the module working I amended includes/modules/payment/protext_direct.php around line 510 to the following:

$ch = curl_init();
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);

// added by jdenkaat
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
/ End of Add

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, $data);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

$authorize = curl_exec($ch);

curl_close ($ch);

I'm unsure if this was the correct thing to do but it worked for me :thumbsup: Could you please let me know if the amendment was OK

Thanks for a terrific module which has saved me umpteen hours work.

I'm now off to become an Internet billionaire!

James DenKaat

Tom,

I have got the system working at it did appear to be a problem with curl.

Curl was installed correctly and I am using a windows server with iis, See Here on how to set curl up. But I was not getting anything on the protx server!

To get the module working I amended includes/modules/payment/protext_direct.php around line 510 to the following:

$ch = curl_init();
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);

// added by jdenkaat
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
/ End of Add

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, $data);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

$authorize = curl_exec($ch);

curl_close ($ch);

I'm unsure if this was the correct thing to do but it worked for me :thumbsup: Could you please let me know if the amendment was OK

Thanks for a terrific module which has saved me umpteen hours work.

I'm now off to become an Internet billionaire!

James DenKaat

Glad to hear you got it working, the extra options you've added turnoff the checking of the SSL certificate against the host which in theory reduces the security of the connection but practically I don't see that it will cause problems (if you look through the forums there's a quite a few other people who have done the same thing for different modules - it depends on your server).

Good luck!

Tom

Hi,

We used to use ProTX Direct v1 module from around March LAST year. Then in November we switched to ProTX Form, as there we started having comms issues with ProTX.

Now I want to go back to Direct, by using this module.

I've got it installed, and there are a couple of issues, or differences..

1) In the v1 version of ProTX Direct in admin you had to enable which cards you could take. This is not there anymore, is this correct?

2) When I set it up to do a "test" transaction using the card examples listed in Admin, I ALWAYS get ...

"The payment type is invalid - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Any ideas? many thanks in advance.

Hi,

We used to use ProTX Direct v1 module from around March LAST year. Then in November we switched to ProTX Form, as there we started having comms issues with ProTX.

Now I want to go back to Direct, by using this module.

I've got it installed, and there are a couple of issues, or differences..

1) In the v1 version of ProTX Direct in admin you had to enable which cards you could take. This is not there anymore, is this correct?

2) When I set it up to do a "test" transaction using the card examples listed in Admin, I ALWAYS get ...

"The payment type is invalid - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Any ideas? many thanks in advance.

Hi,

1) I can't comment about v1 of Protx Direct - I started at v2. There certainly isn't an option to choose between different cards in the current version of the module.

2) The card numbers given in admin work fine for me, it might be an issue with your includes/classes/cc_validation.php file - have this been copied from the contribution?

If the above doesn't help let us know.

Tom

I literally added ALL the files from the contrib. I will double check file sizes etc to make sure.

Here's the header from that file..

<?php

/*

$Id: cc_validation.php,v 1.3 2003/02/12 20:43:41 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

Edited by Stewart Gilray

I literally added ALL the files from the contrib. I will double check file sizes etc to make sure.

Here's the header from that file..

<?php

/*

$Id: cc_validation.php,v 1.3 2003/02/12 20:43:41 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

The reason i suggested cc_validation.php is from the error you are describing Protx is being told that the card type is different to what it should be.

If you enable the 'DEBUG' option in admin and then paste the info given after trying a test transaction that may give us some more clues.

Thanks, Tom

here you go...

VPSProtocol=2.20 VPSTxID={73A0C561-3594-4CC2-BC60-61ABECF03D8B} Status=MALFORMED StatusDetail=The payment type is invalid TxAuthNo= SecurityKey= AVSCV2=DATA NOT CHECKED VPSProtocol=2.20&TxType=Immediately+Charged&Vendor=xxxxxxx&VendorTxCode=8310255896864485&Amount=13.76&Currency=GBP&Description=Ladies+skinny%3A+

APFS+Logo+-+Blue%28qty%3A+1%29+&CardHolder=Stewart+Gilray&CardNumber=4929000000006&StartDate=1002&ExpiryDate=1006&IssueNumber=&CV2=123&

CardType=Visa&CustomerEMail=stew%40xxxxx.com&ContactNumber=01943+xxxxx&BillingAddress=42+xxxx+Drive&BillingPostCode=xxxx+3ND&

DeliveryAddress=42+xxxxx+Drive&DeliveryPostCode=xxxxx+3ND&CAVV=&XID=&ECI=&ClientIPAddress=80.xxx.155.xxx&3DSecureStatus=

Edited to remove personal data :)

Edited by Stewart Gilray

ok from that debug info I can see the problem. The TxType field sent from your store to Protx is "Immediately Charged" - this is not a valid "payment type". It should be set to either PAYMENT, PREAUTH or DEFERRED.

This setting is stored in the database and I can only think that this has been left over from a different version. Do you get errors if you change the payment type in admin to either of the other options?

I think that it may need you to un-install the module in admin, use phpmyadmin to check and remove any enteries prefixed (MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT) in the configuration table if any are left over (make sure you backup first) then reinstall the module in admin.

let us know how it goes,

Tom

Ok that was my bad, like an arse, I didn't remove and re-install the module from old to new... However...

Once doing that and re-setting it up, I now get this in debug...

VPSProtocol=2.22 VPSTxId={03F80967-612A-4030-92DB-E11E1FCB195D} Status=ERROR StatusDetail=Couldn't create a transaction (VRTXInvalidIPAddress, ) TxAuthNo= SecurityKey= AVSCV2=DATA NOT CHECKED AddressResult= PostCodeResult= CV2Result= VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=justswag&VendorTxCode=3188084408804779&

Amount=13.76&Currency=GBP&Description=Ladies+skinny%3A+APFS+Logo+-+Blue%28qty%3A+1%29+&

CardHolder=Stewart+Gilray&CardNumber=4929000000006&StartDate=1002&ExpiryDate=1006&

IssueNumber=&CV2=123&CardType=Visa&CustomerEMail=stew%40xxxxxx.com&

ContactNumber=01943+xxxxxx&BillingAddress=42+xxxx+Drive&

BillingPostCode=xxxx+3ND&DeliveryAddress=42+xxxxx+Drive&DeliveryPostCode=xxxx+3ND&CAVV=&

XID=&ECI=&ClientIPAddress=80.xxx.155.xx&3DSecureStatus=

Ok that was my bad, like an arse, I didn't remove and re-install the module from old to new... However...

Once doing that and re-setting it up, I now get this in debug...

ok, that is caused by Protx requiring requesting server IP addresses to be recorded in your vendor admin area for security reasons. Protx can set this up for you but it's simple enough.

Run through a transaction after changing to "Server IP Test" in module admin area

Look for the line "REMOTE_ADDR=" or "REMOTE_HOST=" followed by an IP address - note this down

Login to the protx admin area (you'll have to do it twice - once for test server and again for live server). Goto Administration->Account Parameters, about half way down the page enter the ip address from above (subnet mask normally 255.255.255.255) then click add.

Retry the transaction (don't forget to change back to test server first!) and hopefully it'll be working!

HTH,

Tom

hmmm ok, so it was right and wrong...

The IP I added to ProTX yesterday, was the correct IP address for the server, however when I did the ServerIPtest, it came back with a different one under the two things you suggested.

So I added the new one and removed the old one, but it STILL gives that error...

Any ideas, should I have both on ProTX ?

I'm not sure what ip it is after then if it's still not working, the latest error you've been getting is definately because of this - i would try experimenting adding both ip address etc. If still no success then Protx will be able to set it up directly with the information from the Server IP test.

HTH,

Tom

(just a quick thought - it was the test server admin you added the ip to as it needs to be done separately for the test / production servers).

Hello,

First off, excellent module! But: Has anyone had any problems with the value of the transaction that's being sent to protx for processing? I've installed this module and got it working and the transaction goes through ok but unfortunately it seems to pass the value of my goods but without the tax being added onto the shipping rate...

ie

Price of Item + TAX

Price of shipping (without TAX)

The value displayed to my customer and the value shown on the order total within OSc is the correct amount, it's just the amount that's being requested from the customers credit / debit card that's not right.

Thanks

Sam