• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Weight mesurement?

Eden

Sorry, this is probably a really stupid question, but I am a self confessed "noob" when it comes to using os. I'm using the weight defining the shipping cost method, but I don't know what the weight is measured in, lb's or kg's? os doesn't say which it uses...

Thanks for any help in advance!

I'm using the weight defining the shipping cost method, but I don't know what the weight is measured in, lb's or kg's? os doesn't say which it uses...

maybe I'm too simplistic ..... but does it matter? you set the weight per product and the price per unit of weight - so what the unit of weight is, should be up to you (unless you link to a 3rd party postal service of course - in which case it would matter).

1kg x ?1.00 = ?1.00

2lbs x ?0.50 = ?1.00

... take away the kg/lbs and it still works - you decide which measurement, I'd say?

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

maybe I'm too simplistic ..... but does it matter? you set the weight per product and the price per unit of weight - so what the unit of weight is, should be up to you (unless you link to a 3rd party postal service of course - in which case it would matter).

1kg x ?1.00 = ?1.00

2lbs x ?0.50 = ?1.00

... take away the kg/lbs and it still works - you decide which measurement, I'd say?

Doesn't it make a difference when shipping via, say for instance, USPS ... and using the USPS module to calculate shipping costs? Over a certain weight (pounds and ounces) changes the shipping price. Or am I looking at it too simply?

--

I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.

Ayn Rand

Doesn't it make a difference when shipping via, say for instance, USPS ... and using the USPS module to calculate shipping costs? Over a certain weight (pounds and ounces) changes the shipping price. Or am I looking at it too simply?

Well - that's what I said above - "unless you use a 3rd party postal service" - in which case it DOES matter. So yes, if you link to USP, Royal Mail or anybody else, then your weight measurements have to fit in with theirs. But if you just use it for your own shipping calcs, then it's up to you.

PS: one caveat - somebody mentioned that the tare weight says LBS next to it .. not sure if this is true, but if you want to use tare weight, please check out.

Edith

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Archived