• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different image dimensions?

tapper

I sell sauces and fruit preparations. The sauce bottles are tall, and some fruit items are squat. Now that I have the image size set to show the sauce bottles properly, the squat one is squeezed into a tall shape.

BBQ Sauces are 100x150, but the cherries really should be closer to 150x100. The display pic really misrepresents the bottle that they will be ordering. Is there a way to have different image shapes on the main page?

I am also going to be adding kitchen tools and books, all of which will have different shapes (horiz rectangle to square to vertical rectangle).

I can post my url if that would help.

TIA

--Pat

I sell sauces and fruit preparations. The sauce bottles are tall, and some fruit items are squat. Now that I have the image size set to show the sauce bottles properly, the squat one is squeezed into a tall shape.

BBQ Sauces are 100x150, but the cherries really should be closer to 150x100. The display pic really misrepresents the bottle that they will be ordering. Is there a way to have different image shapes on the main page?

I am also going to be adding kitchen tools and books, all of which will have different shapes (horiz rectangle to square to vertical rectangle).

TIA

--Pat

I have asked the same question.

Dave

I have asked the same question.

Dave

Ha! Well I guess the answer is a big N-O then! :huh:

The only solution I can figure out is to re-shoot my pics to make sure that the photo has the correct proportions regardless of the product size.

you use one of the thumbnail contributions. They preserve the aspect ratio of the images. Once you deploy one of those, set the image's width and height to the same value. So image with 100x200 with a setting of 50x50 will be converted to 25x50, while an image of 200x100 with the same setting will be 50x25

Ha! Well I guess the answer is a big N-O then! :huh:

The only solution I can figure out is to re-shoot my pics to make sure that the photo has the correct proportions regardless of the product size.

No that is not true, there are ways and I am waiting for an answer from some one.

One told me "Thumbnail contrib will work.

Wait until I hear more before giving up.

Dave

you use one of the thumbnail contributions. They preserve the aspect ratio of the images. Once you deploy one of those, set the image's width and height to the same value. So image with 100x200 with a setting of 50x50 will be converted to 25x50, while an image of 200x100 with the same setting will be 50x25

Thanks, bit which one would be best?

Dave

they all use the same principles. Some of them have cacheing included. If you feel comfortable with php you can always enhance it or customize it for your store. Here is one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2226

Mark,

I believe that I followed directions.

This is what I get where images are supposed to be

www.mydomain/sales/nfoscomm/catalog/product_thumb.php?

Can you tell me what I have done wrong?

Dave

TIA

--Pat

What I sell had the same problem, so I asked a similar question. I don't know who responded, but they offered me what I thought was the best advice. Paraphrased, it was something like, go into Configuration -> Images, set the image height to "0" (zero) and Calculate Image Size to "true". The width of all your images will be the same, with the height adjusting to keep the ratio correct.

It works like a charm.

--

I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.

Ayn Rand

Archived