• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Download - has anyone made thbis work?

doni

I have tried to install the products download function on an existing OS installation and it didn't work, so I decided to download the latest version of OS and try again.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM

Having set it up - when I try to test it by trying to purchase the product, after checkout the text says :

Download your products here :

BUT - there is no link.

Having checked the forums, other people seem to be having the same problem as me - so I think we are all doing something wrong.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DONE

1. I have gone to admin/configuration/download and set :

1.1 download to true

1.2 download by re-direct to true (also tried it as false)

1.3 left expiry delay at 7

1.4 left max number of downloads at 5

2. I have gone to admin/catalog/categories-product and selected my product ("test"), and set its weight to zero (some other discussions regarding this said you should)

3. I have gone to admin/catalog/product attributes, made up a product option name called "unreal", made up a product option value called "unreal", and set the product atributes for my product "test" (with option name "unreal" and option value "unreal" with filename called unreal.zip and expiry date of 7 and max downbload count as 5.

4. I have checked that catalog/pub is set to 777

5. I have that the catalog/download is 755

6. I have checked that the catalog/includes/configure has forward slashes for :

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

[they already did in the new download]

but I also changed them and checked whether it worked for :

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/pub/');

just in case the documentation meant forward slashes before [rather than at the end].

Can anyone help me find my Missing Link?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and ....

7. the download folder contains unreal.zip (which came with the OS install)

8. So to summarise - download is enabled, a product exists with zero weight, and set to look for a file called "unreal.zip", within 7 days or 5 downloads. The file does exist in the download directory, called unreal.zip, the chmod attributes of the catalog/download and catalog/pub are set as described, and forward slashes exist in the configure.php file. BUT THERE IS NO LINK WHEN TRYING TO PURCHASE THE PRODUCT after checkout.

Oh and ....

7. the download folder contains unreal.zip (which came with the OS install)

8. So to summarise - download is enabled, a product exists with zero weight, and set to look for a file called "unreal.zip", within 7 days or 5 downloads. The file does exist in the download directory, called unreal.zip, the chmod attributes of the catalog/download and catalog/pub are set as described, and forward slashes exist in the configure.php file. BUT THERE IS NO LINK WHEN TRYING TO PURCHASE THE PRODUCT after checkout.

Most download stores (including mine) benifit from the installation of the Downloads Controller contribution. Try installing that....

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

OK - it didn't work before and this is what I have done.

1. Backed up my new os commerce install.

2. Downloaded the "Download Controller" contribution and followed the install instructions.

and HEY BLOOMING PRESTO .... IT WORKS !!!

The link is NOW there - when before it wasn't !!!

Thanks so much Mediajuggle - you are a star !!!!!!!

For others who are having this problem - I found the contribution HERE :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...oads+controller

[ P.S. HAVING DONE THIS - I WOULD REALLY BE NICE TO KNOW WHY THE ORIGINAL OS INSTALL DOESN'T WORK WHILST IT DOES WITH THE CONTRIBUTION ] - BUT HEY WHO CARES IT WORKS !!!

HEY BLOOMING PRESTO .... IT WORKS !!!

Thanks for this great contribution. My main products are downloads and this looks like the solution. I tried to follow the install instructions but cam up short on this part:

Add the new configuration settings with the downloads_controller.sql file. This will add the new settings for the Admin.

I was unable to locate the downloads_controller.sql file in the contribution zip. Is this located elsewhere or am I loosing it? :blink:

Thanks all!

I was unable to locate the downloads_controller.sql file in the contribution zip. Is this located elsewhere or am I loosing it? :blink:

Thanks all!

Update: I found the sql file and installed the code... This contrib works like a dream! Thanks SOOO much. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Update: I found the sql file and installed the code... This contrib works like a dream! Thanks SOOO much. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can you telll me where it is? I can't find it either !

thanks

john

• 3 weeks later...

John

The latest version of the download does not have the sql file.

I'd use the lastest version, but also go to : Farrukh Saeed 7 Aug 2003 version just to get the sql file.

Good luck

Archived