• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

From Window to linux Fedoracore4

WiseWombat

Hi Guys

Heres what Ive done and what im trying to do.

Im trying to set it Up on a new fedora linux server

I have the sever running on localhost and I have tried to install the backup database using phpmyadmin in to the sql directory I have created the database under localhost using No password as this is only a test server only.

I have had problems importing the database as the database file is about 5.05 meg to large for phpmyadminn to move ? I tried to copy and past the file text and then the system freezes.

Since this did not work I imported a fresh oscommerce downloaded sql file and imported directly by running SQL query/queries on database as it is only a small file.

I then installed a fresh install of oscommerce into the correct directory which is functioning Ok.

PS I could only get the fresh install to run by enabling regsiter_globals in the php.ini in the etc file (temperaraly only) once I had it up and running I was going to change it back.

From here I tried to import the backup database of 5.05 meg via the oscommerce control panel which would normaly work under windows but with out success? had I succeded I was just going to replace the fresh install with my current website and updated website.

It seems as if the database is blocked or the permissions are not correct ??

Could there be something im missing.

I would appreciate any help Thanks.

Marty.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BUMP Linux Pro Needed :ph34r:

Still no good I have tried to install backup database through the stores back up funtion But i am unable the select from any of the db_backup.sqls as It wont work? :blink:

So I reset database then tried to install a fresh install from catalog/install/install.php the page shows but it will not continue to the next step Im trying to set up on linux fedoracore4 I have also noticed that fedoracore4 is also case sensitive example index.HTML index.html index.php INDEX.PHP

Am help or ideas thanks as I have also posted on afew linux support sites but still no help.

Thanks.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Archived