• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

(second try) The mystery of the missing credit cards

habhab

Hello again,

A week ago I've posted here a question that seemed at first very simple and basic: Where do I configure the credit cards?

I enclosed a link to the OC documentation that described a situation that does not exist in my installation: the interface looks a bit different and the configuration links and categories are organized a bit differently. The bottom line was: there are no credit cards in my installation.

A week has gone by, 34 people bothered to read my post but none had an answer to my question.

Witnessing this one can easily drift into somber reflections as to the nature of this application and its supporting community. At the end I didn't ask how to configure a special discount for returning customers based on the number of their previous purchases, age and/or social security number. Just wanted to configure the credit cards, and, well, this is supposed to be an on line store...

I will appreciate at this point any answer: a hint, a half baked idea or an unestablished hypothesis. Just anything that might get me a bit closer to resolving the great mystery: where have all the credit cards gone.

With many thanks in advance

Yours truly

Hello again,

A week ago I've posted here a question that seemed at first very simple and basic: Where do I configure the credit cards?

I enclosed a link to the OC documentation that described a situation that does not exist in my installation: the interface looks a bit different and the configuration links and categories are organized a bit differently. The bottom line was: there are no credit cards in my installation.

A week has gone by, 34 people bothered to read my post but none had an answer to my question.

Witnessing this one can easily drift into somber reflections as to the nature of this application and its supporting community. At the end I didn't ask how to configure a special discount for returning customers based on the number of their previous purchases, age and/or social security number. Just wanted to configure the credit cards, and, well, this is supposed to be an on line store...

I will appreciate at this point any answer: a hint, a half baked idea or an unestablished hypothesis. Just anything that might get me a bit closer to resolving the great mystery: where have all the credit cards gone.

With many thanks in advance

Yours truly

under the admin under payment modules you have to install the payment forms you want. Try the generic Credit Card to get started. Note you need a sort order that is unique from any of the other modules are else it may not display.

under the admin under payment modules you have to install the payment forms you want. Try the generic Credit Card to get started. Note you need a sort order that is unique from any of the other modules are else it may not display.

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

I think my payment forms are installed. And so is the payment module.

I'm afraid i didn't understand what you mean by your second comment - maybe the sort order is the reason i can't see the list at all. How do I configure it?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you are viewing the documentation for the next development release, but you probably have the current release (2.2m2) installed. You can get the documentation for 2.2m2 here: http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads (It isn't available from the documentation directory, as much as that might seem to be someplace where you should be able to find it.)

The bottom line is that there doesn't appear to be a configuration option in 2.2m2 to specify which credit card types to accept, at least not if you are simply using the Credit Card module.

However, there is a do-it-yourself approach. See InnocentlyWiked's reply to this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190480 which leads to this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97869

Hope this helps. Good luck.

...m_o

Archived