• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default Language per Customer

I searched the contributions regarding this matter but couldn't find a match. Might be I didn't find the right contrib ... ?

My aim is to offer our customers the selection of a preferred language out of the available modules when registrating or logging-in which should/could be stored e.g. as ?customers_default_language? in the table ?customers?. For subsequent visits the language should be read out of the database and switched to the correct language.

Furthermore the confirmation mails sent out of the administration tool should be sent in the customers language instead of the administrators language (we receive daily mails asking for the meaning of our German text ...).

Any idea? Or is there such a contribution available?

Regards

Juerg

I searched the contributions regarding this matter but couldn't find a match. Might be I didn't find the right contrib ... ?

My aim is to offer our customers the selection of a preferred language out of the available modules when registrating or logging-in which should/could be stored e.g. as ?customers_default_language? in the table ?customers?. For subsequent visits the language should be read out of the database and switched to the correct language.

Furthermore the confirmation mails sent out of the administration tool should be sent in the customers language instead of the administrators language (we receive daily mails asking for the meaning of our German text ...).

Any idea? Or is there such a contribution available?

Regards

Juerg

www.swissmodell.com - model railways and trucks

simply set a cookie.

the confirmation emails are normally send in the language the customer is ordering in.

Treasurer MFC

simply set a cookie.

the confirmation emails are normally send in the language the customer is ordering in.

Thank you. But doesn't work if the customer has blocked cookies. Furthermore in my installation the confirmation mails are sent in the administrators language (or I've to change the admin language manually to each customers language, but that's enoying).

Any other idea?

Archived