• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prices changes when changing country

Fredrik.r

This is not a huge problem since the amounts are correct during checkout but I really want to fix it anyway.

I've got three countries in the shop, all of them using tax 25%. When not logged in all prices are including tax. When logged in all prices are correct. But, if I'm logged in and change country in the address book all prices are suddenly showed without taxes. If I then log out and log in again prices are including taxes.

The error only seems to show when changing country during a session.

I need to fix this since the conditions says all prices are including taxes.

Hopefully I'll get some help here so I can activate two more countries.. :)

its likely the tax zones that do not cover the country you change in the address book. So if the country (delivery) is not covered by the tax zones not tax is included.

The three countries are included in Tax Zones and I have assigned Tax Rates to them. The prices are correct if I log in with Sweden or Denmark as default address but when changing from Sweden to Denmark in the address book during a session all prices are shown without tax. The problem ONLY exists after changing country when logged in. If I choose Denmark and log out and in again prices are correct (with tax). The amout of tax is correct during checkout in all cases though.

ah yea, its probably the bug of the $country var vs $country_id. Download the latest osc upgrade and read the instructions about it. You will see some mods for the address book files. Make sure you apply those mods to your files.

Wow! Thank you Mark!! :)

Found this in update-20051113.txt;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

customer_country_id in addressbook

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1662

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem:

When the customer updates their address in the My Account page, their country value is being stored in an incorrect variable that can cause an incorrect tax rate value being used in product prices.

Solution:

The following lines must be replaced in catalog/address_book_process.php:

Line 150, from:

$customer_country_id = $country_id;

to:

$customer_country_id = $country;

Line 171, from:

$customer_country_id = $country_id;

to:

$customer_country_id = $country;

Archived