• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem accessing database following successful installation

digicammad

I have been running my OSCommerce installation locally for development. I now want to put it up onto the web for the next stage of testing. I have a Fasthosts Linux account with SSL enabled and am having database problems.

I have uploaded all files to the SSL area and have created the db in the Fasthosts control panel. I have also uploaded the amended files to allow OSCommerce to run with regster_globals off.

When I run the OSCommerce install script everything appears to work fine. The script connects to the database with no trouble and is able to import the data. I can connect to the database using MySQL Admin Console and can see that there are rows in the tables, so the import looks like it succeeded.

When I get to the end of the install, it says it has been successful, yet when I try to access either the catalog or the administration screen I get the following error:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Unknown MySQL server host ' *** ip removed ***'' (1) in /home/fhlinux222/e/ecomagnetic.co.uk/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 17

Unable to connect to database server!

The ip address is correct and is the one I have used with MySQL administrator. I have tried all sorts but can't get the system working.

All help would be appreciated.

Do a search of this forum for 'Fasthosts' and you'll find that you haven't a hope in h*lls chance of getting osCommerce to work with their shared ssl system.

Save yourself a lot of grief, give up now, and if you can get your money back for the shared ssl then do so.

Vger

Sometimes you get a '30 day Money Back' period. If they currently have one and you are within it then you should be okay.

Vger

So if Fasthosts are out can anybody recommend a decent UK based hosting company which doesn't cost too much and on which OSCommerce will work?

Cheers

Archived