• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Specials in categories.php

mirandaEA

I am wondering the easiest way to merge the specials with the normal categories.php. I would love to have next to the normal price entries box a second box where the special price can be administered.

Although I am happy with the specials module, it does seem clumsy that you need to click off the product you are maintaining to enter the specials price. Having it all on the same page would make life a lot simpler.

The reason being when I receive a telephone enquiry for a price I first have to look in admin->catelog->categories products, to see the price and then flick over to admin->catelog->specials to check whether it is on offer.

I know how to add the special price to the admin->catelog->categories products, overview display, but continuing this though to allow it to be maintained here would be great.

Cheers in advance for any help

in your catalog\admin\categories.php follow the products_price input box and duplicate it for the specials (in terms of the html code). Now for the sql you need to use the "specials" table in the switch cases like update_product, insert_product etc. The categories.php file already includes the jscript support for the calendar so you duplicate the "date available" box as the specials expiry and instantiate another calendar entry.

I am wondering the easiest way to merge the specials with the normal categories.php. I would love to have next to the normal price entries box a second box where the special price can be administered.

Although I am happy with the specials module, it does seem clumsy that you need to click off the product you are maintaining to enter the specials price. Having it all on the same page would make life a lot simpler.

The reason being when I receive a telephone enquiry for a price I first have to look in admin->catelog->categories products, to see the price and then flick over to admin->catelog->specials to check whether it is on offer.

I know how to add the special price to the admin->catelog->categories products, overview display, but continuing this though to allow it to be maintained here would be great.

Cheers in advance for any help

maybe use your own catalog side to view the price while on the phone.

Treasurer MFC

maybe use your own catalog side to view the price while on the phone.

:P yeah I do this, but its not really a solution having yet another window open on the screen permanently or having to login each time as my test customer.

I'll give Enigma1s suggestion a go, it should be relatively straight forward I hope. Add the field then use the switch statement to do the updating.

Wish me luck and thanks for your help

Archived