• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment choice is dependent on shipping choice

D-BlooD

Hi all

I have been looking through almost all payment and shipping modules now and search around the web and here on the forum without any luck.. I was therefor hopeing someone of you can help me with an answer becouse this is turning me nuts ;)

Are there any modules that can be used to make what payment choices will be available to the customerout from shipping method he chooses?

Example: I have a pickup modul that if choosen should only let the customer choose credit card payment and not prepayment to bank or other similar payments and or combine several payment methods.

Thanks in advance all

--

D-BlooD

each payment has the update_status() method where you could enable or disable the payment based on shipping. Shipping is passed as a session so once shipping is selected (after checkout_shipping.php) the shipping global becomes available and you can then check in the payment update_status() to enable/disable the module. Set $shipping as a global there, then check its contents.

Thanks for a great reply :)

The information you gave sounds logic :) I will try to get some help from a friend that has some more experiance with classes to fix this :) I'll post some code when we are done..

Thanks again..

--

D-BlooD

Archived