• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Opay

Get-Wireless

Have searched the payment module contribs and forums for a module for www.opay.co.uk

I think they seem like a pretty new company and I have signed up fpr an account with them (cant be worse than paypal)

Does anybody know of a payment module for these or would it be possible for one t be written or would it be possible to modify one of the existing ones?

Sorry for the stoooopid questions but I am not (wish I was tho) a coder although I do work for a bespoke s\w dev company so learn a little here and there but not much to do with php :(

It will probably be cheaper and easier in the long run to go to a traditional merchant account/gateway with a well supported module than to have one written for these guys.

P.S. That website is painful to look at. It's like they went back in time and hired a web designer from 1996.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Thank you for your feedback, at this time we cannot offer you what you are looking for, but we plan to start working on a shopping cart at the end of February that will be easy to interact with our website and any other website we plan to be finished by mid April.

Opay is a new company and I can remember when Pay Pal first started, I would like to think we can offer much more then Pay Pal given time that?s why we are adding to the website this month the Pay by Mobile, just think if you are a car boot trader and you where signed up to Opay you would be able to receive payment in a middle of a filed miles from nowhere, this should be added to the website on time.

We know we can not please everyone but we going to have a good try, we believe that in the last five years Banking has moved forward but the way the banks charge for there card?s remain high when so much is now done electronically, we have had a hard time from the Banks setting everything up as they don?t want us to move this way guess why.

If you want to wait we will work with you setting up your cart, if not I will under stand and wish you a successful website.

Opay is aiming there website at merchant who have a high turnover of low cost goods unlike ebay / pay pal where on every transaction with ebay then again on Pay Pal, you sell something on ebay for ?1 then ebay takes 30p then Pay Pal Takes 25p you are left with 45p with Opay you get the lot ?1 you just pay one low fixed fee when you withdraw your money. It also adds up with big money like tradition merchant will charge 3% on every transaction and a set up fee, Opay is FREE set-up and do not charge for every Transaction.

We will be adding more tools as soon as we can, we welcome all feedback including the part about the looks of our website however when you are just dealing with money you are limited to what the website can look like, Opay is still a baby and will hopeful grow into more mature attractive looking site given time.

We are listening and we aim to act.

you should offer an integration guide and/or API spec document, like some of the major gateways do, so someone could develop and create a contribution with a new payment module for osc.

I've seen plenty of requests to support new gateways but in many cases there is no specification available to the public how to do the integration with the gateway. And in those cases regardless of expertise its impossible to help. Also consider adding a test mode to debug transactions. If you take a look on some of the popular gateways osc uses it may help.

catalog\includes\modules\payments directory

It will probably be cheaper and easier in the long run to go to a traditional merchant account/gateway with a well supported module than to have one written for these guys.

P.S. That website is painful to look at. It's like they went back in time and hired a web designer from 1996.

Easier said than doen for someone like myself with a less than average credit score.

I have tried Natwest streamline R.B.O.S and Barclays.

All so far have turned me down for a merchant acct. I have a business bank acct with Natwest but they wont give me a merchants.

I want to use someone like protx for credit card payments, they have very good prices and a module already done for use with osc..