• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flash templates with oscommerce

Hello, I have seen many different sites using oscommerce within a flash template. I have also found quite a few sites selling flash templates for oscommerce.

Normally if you want to do anything with osc, you can find decent info on these forums, or if this is not the case you can use a search engine and find what you want, yet in the case of using flash, there is a very strange and eery silence.

Any kind folk out there who know how to do this care to share the knowledge? This must be relatively simple, and yet somebody such as myself who has been using osc for over 3 years and can pretty much make it stand on one leg and whistle if required find I am completely stumped by this issue.

Any comments much appreciated!

anybody? sorry, this post has just been moved into this forum, so thought i would kinda bump it to see if there are any takers. Promise no more if no response!

Not sure I understand your question. Do you want to integrate a flash layout with an the osc store? There are a couple of flash contributions to support this format and I guess integration should be no different than with a regular template. Like having the banner in flash.

Hi Mark; my question is - if I have a flash page template, how do I integrate this into the osc (or the other way round actually). There is a flash contrib v0.9, but the flash file is uneditable (I have both swish and flash mx), and the link in the download to a full flash example is dead, so either option leaves me no closer to figuring this out..?!

I see if you cannot edit the flash file you cannot use it really. It shows as protected and wondering whats the point of having this contribution there?

I see if you cannot edit the flash file you cannot use it really. It shows as protected and wondering whats the point of having this contribution there?

The source file should have been available through a link but the link is dead indeed so there is no point to keep this contrib here and it has been disabled.

@anthony: There is one contribution which explains how to pass session id's into flash (here) and there will probably be a couple of posts to find about this. As it sounds you want to have an osC site inside a flash page this might give some ideas.

If you find dead-end contributions drop us a note please so we can look into it and keep things in place !

Archived