• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product weight in ounces

Hello all.

I've searched the forums pretty exhaustively for a couple days now and can't believe it, but I cannot find a single thread where someone (normally a retail operation) would ship some product based on it's weight in ounces and not pounds.

I sell soap, and each bar of soap is approximately 4.25 oz. I've tried unsuccessfully putting in 'oz' in the product weight category in Admin/Categories/Products listings, as well as converting the number to .0265625 (to reflect the decimal equivalent of 4.25 oz converted to lbs.) but my shipping rates do not reflect the proper weights.

I'm sure there is an easy fix/and/or setting for this but I'm stymied. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA

If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about you can view it here:

http://grannymaude.biz/catalog

Hello all.

I've searched the forums pretty exhaustively for a couple days now and can't believe it, but I cannot find a single thread where someone (normally a retail operation) would ship some product based on it's weight in ounces and not pounds.

I sell soap, and each bar of soap is approximately 4.25 oz. I've tried unsuccessfully putting in 'oz' in the product weight category in Admin/Categories/Products listings, as well as converting the number to .0265625 (to reflect the decimal equivalent of 4.25 oz converted to lbs.) but my shipping rates do not reflect the proper weights.

I'm sure there is an easy fix/and/or setting for this but I'm stymied. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA

If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about you can view it here:

http://grannymaude.biz/catalog

The weights can be anything you want, you set the text oz in the language files.

If you set your shipping rate to be for example =-

1:0.00,2:0.50,3:1.00,4:1.50,5:2.00

etc

then your bar of soap at 4.25 oz should cost 2.00 to send.

if it doesnt then i suspect you have not changed the tare weight and it will be set at 3, so adds 3 to the 4.25 weight throwing ythe shipping out.

What I ended up doing was just taking the tare weight to zero (0) and then adding .265625 to the weight field when I add the new product. So far it seems to be working correctly, but that sure seems like a bug to me, or at the least a needed fix. :'(

The weights can be anything you want, you set the text oz in the language files.

etc

if it doesnt then i suspect you have not changed the tare weight and it will be set at 3, so adds 3 to the 4.25 weight throwing ythe shipping out.

etc

Can anyone explain this abit more lol...

What does it mean to set the text oz in the language files

I want my store to calculate shipping in pounds and ounces.. Like if it's 1lb 5 oz ..

Like it does at the actual uspc shipping calulator...

Can anyone explain that on a first grade or blonde level lol......

Thanks

Archived