• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help - Moved root directory from /Catalog/ to /

pafranklin

Hi there,

I have decided to move my site from http://www.pianocoversonline.co.uk/catalog/ to http://www.pianocoversonline.co.uk/, therefore getting rid of the catalog folder and moving the contents up a level.

I have amended the includes/configure.php file and the admin/includes/configure.php file (hopefully correctly). However when I open the index.php page within the site everyhting looks fine until I try to click on one of the links to a product category.

By just hovering over them I can see that the link continues to include/catalog/ and so end up in a 404 error page.

Please can someone tell me where I can change the category reference so that /catalog/ is removed from the link? Otherwise everything seems to work ok (I think!)

Many thanks.

Paul

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

Log into your admin section and go to Tools > Cache Control and refresh your cache.

Thank you so much. I spent two hours trying to sort this out and did not even think of the cache!

I have spotted one small further problem. When I log in to the admin section and specifically the catalog, I receive a pink bar at the top that says ERROR: Catalog images directory does not exist: /images/

Could you suggest something else I may have missed please?

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Make sure the directory exists and is writeable.

Have checked that it is writable and permissions for the /images/ folder to 777. Still the same error though?

Have checked that it is writable and permissions for the /images/ folder to 777. Still the same error though?

Could it be to do with the "ERROR: catalog images directory does not exist: /images/ (IE the catalog reference?)

Could it be to do with the "ERROR: catalog images directory does not exist: /images/ (IE the catalog reference?)

Found it. I changed define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/'); to

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', 'images/'); and it worked a treat (i think!!)

Thanks for the help and patience!

Archived