• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to link to payment gateway?

syen

Hi Gurus,

I am new to OsCommerce and would be appreciate if you can provide some helps.

What kind of information I should get from credit card, echeck payment gateway agent (i.e. paypal, i-transact, i-payment, etc...) to enter into OsCommence to link the ecommerce site to the payment gateway agent?

In the OsCommerce, Where I should enter/configure the information provided by the payment gateway agent?

Thank you very much for help!

Yen

Unless you are using some gateway that is not yet supported, you just need to install the proper module in admin and fill in the settings with your account details.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Unless you are using some gateway that is not yet supported, you just need to install the proper module in admin and fill in the settings with your account details.

Jack

Thanks a lot for your help.

1. Do you mean I just need to download a payment module and install it?

2. What's the difference between payment module and credit module?

3. Where I can fill in the settings with my account details?

4. Is the account details the bank account (for example: Bank of America) or the payment gateway account?

I do not understand the relationship between payment gateway and bank accout.

5. When I select the payment module to download, what's the criteria I should choose? Based on bank account or payment gateway?

6. If the payment gateway we are using is not listed in the contribution of payment modules, what can I do?

7. Is it difficult to customize or develop a payment module for the payment gateway we use?

8. What's information we need to get to develop payment module?

9. Do you know any company can develop custom payment moduel?

Thanks a lot!!

SYen

Several payment modults are included with oscomerce although the one for autorize.net and paypal should probably be updated if you are going to use them. You don't need to download anything to use the stock ones. Let's say you want to use paypal. Go to paypal and open a business account. It doesn't cost you anything. Then go to admin->modules and click once on the payapl module, then click Install. There will then be an Edit button - click on that. Then enter your paypal email address, set the option to Live and then click update. You are all done. The other modules work in a similiar fashion.

As for new modules, that isnot something just anyone can do. You would need programing experience. There are people here on the forums that you can hire to create a payment module for you but it is not permitted to post such replies on the forum.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Several payment modults are included with oscomerce although the one for autorize.net and paypal should probably be updated if you are going to use them. You don't need to download anything to use the stock ones. Let's say you want to use paypal. Go to paypal and open a business account. It doesn't cost you anything. Then go to admin->modules and click once on the payapl module, then click Install. There will then be an Edit button - click on that. Then enter your paypal email address, set the option to Live and then click update. You are all done. The other modules work in a similiar fashion.

As for new modules, that isnot something just anyone can do. You would need programing experience. There are people here on the forums that you can hire to create a payment module for you but it is not permitted to post such replies on the forum.

Jack

Thanks so much, Jack!