• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1062 duplicate Error message

jodes

Hi

I previously had a my new store on a test website and transferred it to my new site - getting ready to go live, but out of the blue I received a message similar to this at the bottom of the page...

1062 - Duplicate entry 'd2985fd6aec1aa9ca6c0e1d96df82ae1' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('d2985fd6aec1aa9ca6c0e1d96df82ae1?osCAdminID=ff68af43da5e68f3882f2fd03726e08e', '1116970382', 'cart|O:12:\"shoppingcart\":4:{s:8:\"contents\";a:0:{}s:5:\"total\";i:0;s:6:\"weight\";i:0;s:12:\"content_type\";b:0;}language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";currency|s:3:\"USD\";navigation|O:17:\"navigationhistory\":2:{s:4:\"path\";a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:\"page\";s:9:\"login.php\";s:4:\"mode\";s:3:\"SSL\";s:3:\"get\";a:1:{s:6:\"osCsid\";s:76:\"d2985fd6aec1aa9ca6c0e1d96df82ae1?osCAdminID=ff68af43da5e68f3882f2fd03726e08e\";}s:4:\"post\";a:0:{}}}s:8:\"snapshot\";a:0:{}}')

[TEP STOP]

i've read to heaps of posts and have managed to get this message to dissapear by

1. changing my session & cache directory paths (was still set as /tmp)

2. deleting all my sessions from myadminphp

3. increasing the Varchar to 50

so it seems to be working now but when i'm in my shop and go from page to page it adds a / with each page change. i noticed that the session id in my address bar ends with a " and then when i click on another page it changes to "/ and then becomes "// etc until there are "/////////////

Is this normal (i don't think it is) and is there a way to fix it? i was hoping to go live with my shop by the end of the week.

So if someone is able to assist I would be extremely greatful.

Kind regards

Jodes

I told a lie,

i just tried logging in as an existing customer and got the following message. at the bottom of the screen.

1062 - Duplicate entry '369932ab90f3e7ee97e41cd278d3f84a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('369932ab90f3e7ee97e41cd278d3f84a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', '1139923501', 'cart|O:12:\"shoppingcart\":4:{s:8:\"contents\";a:0:{}s:5:\"total\";i:0;s:6:\"weight\";i:0;s:12:\"content_type\";b:0;}language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";currency|s:3:\"AUD\";navigation|O:17:\"navigationhistory\":2:{s:4:\"path\";a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:\"page\";s:9:\"index.php\";s:4:\"mode\";s:6:\"NONSSL\";s:3:\"get\";a:1:{s:6:\"osCsid\";s:512:\"369932ab90f3e7ee97e41cd278d3f84a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\";}s:4:\"post\";a:0:{}}}s:8:\"snapshot\";a:0:{}}referral_id|s:0:\"\";')

[TEP STOP]

Ok, I've worked it out (i think!) but incase anyone else is getting similar errors.

Some how when i was modifying the categories box and style sheet (trying to make th categories box have its own style) I stuff up the code which resulted in the url having a " quotation mark after the session id. I don't know how or why but because of the quotation mark it then added the /////'s and wouldn't let me into make a purchase.

I just uploaded the original file i stuffed up and re-edited correctly and tried it and now it seems to be working and i can now get into my account and place orders etc.

hopefully no-one is as silly as me, but if so I hope this points you in the right direction.

Jodes

Archived